Rianov 303SNR-5 question

This website says that it has a "combo unlock".

http://ultima.psobb.info/weapon_pages/rianov_303snr5.php

Does that mean it can do 3 hit combos like most other weapons? It seems somewhat obvious that this is the case, but I'd like to hear it from someone else before further consideration into hunting for it.

And side question, for those that have it, do you find it to be a fun weapon to use? Sort of a subjective question, but I'd be nice to hear people's experiences. I love these old timey guns, so I assume I'd love this one.

Yes it can combo 3 attacks like most other weapons. However, the special is not actually hell despite what pso-world says, it's only shadow I think. Shambertin items are also a lot of work to get to drop sometimes. For most people it may not be worth the effort, but if you really like the style then you can try to get it and it will work decently well for damage and pierce, just not so much for the one-hit kill special.

According to this

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/10353-psobb-ultima-itemweaponarmorshieldunit-effects-ie/

Rianov-5 cannot combo.

(I don't know if it was upgraded since this topic was made though)

And yes, it used to be my favorite weapon to kill Dal ra Lie and Barba Ray.

I do recommend it . It's alot of fun to use , it pierces like the Dark Meteor only its a lot faster . The special I think was supposed to be "unreduced hell " but i think it's actually reduced hell Which sucks. But overall it's a great meele weapon

Edited by Stark 1

Shame about the special, but luckily that doesn't seem to be the big draw of the weapon. And it sounds like it combos? You're right in that it does say in that post it doesn't combo r-78, but I suppose I should defer to Fyrewolf 5 since he has more recent (I assume) first hand experience.

And regardless of if it does or doesn't combo, it sounds like a lot of you enjoy the weapon a good deal, for the same reasons I would as well.

Thanks for the input everybody, I appreciate it. ^_^

Edited by earthboundd

Yea defer to soly/xceptional on this one, I think he was even the one that first realized special was not hell and is next lower tier (dark). Still a strong rifle with pierce though, very rare weapon that few people go for. They can test out stuff like combo/special easier than me since I don't have one and they are so rarely used.

Yeah, but I had the idea that it was shadow, checked the file again and it says dark... I don't see anything combo related tho ... somehow lee's program is broken for me now.. so I can't tell if it unlocked or not from it.

Someone will have to make one and try it out.