Weird mag evolution

Guildcard: 42160489

Character Slot: N/A

Date/Time: 12/08/2015 - 11:50 UTC -0

Description: Followed a guide to get a desired rare mag, however the last evolution might have been changed due to storing in bank.

Comments: Just needed clarification on mag evolutions and/or some help regarding the level 100 evolution of my mag.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1300

According to this Nidra guide, the final character to make the last evolution is Viridia, Bluefull, Redria, or Whitill FOmar.

My mag's stats at level 99 were

DEF - 5

POW - 44

DEX - 50

MIND - 0

I fed my mag the final Monomate and instead of evolving into a Nidra, I was greeted with a Ribhava at level 100.

Not sure if this was caused due to transferring the mag between so many characters or what...

I just want my Nidra D':

Any help is super appreciated!

Edited by Broomsy

That guide lied to you.
The mag stats follow a formula, but the guide told you the wrong ids for that particular formula. Def + Dex = Pow + Mind is the viridia blueful redria whitill id formula (and is the one that lets you have minimum 45 dex and easily be pow or mind).

However it's telling you to raise it to match the Def + Pow = Dex + Mind formula with 5 / 45 / 50 / 0 , which would make a nidra..... if you were a skyly pinkal or yellow fomar/fonewm. Try transferring it to a fomar or fonewm of skyly pinkal or yellow instead.

This is why I never trust pso-world opinion guides and do all my mag work myself using the feeding and evolution charts. In addition to (usually) being very inefficient and needlessly expensive, 99% of the guides are just wrong.

That guide lied to you.

The mag stats follow a formula, but the guide told you the wrong ids for that particular formula. Def + Dex = Pow + Mind is the viridia blueful redria whitill id formula (and is the one that lets you have minimum 45 dex and easily be pow or mind).

However it's telling you to raise it to match the Def + Pow = Dex + Mind formula with 5 / 45 / 50 / 0 , which would make a nidra..... if you were a skyly pinkal or yellow fomar/fonewm. Try transferring it to a fomar or fonewm of skyly pinkal or yellow instead.

This is why I never trust pso-world opinion guides and do all my mag work myself using the feeding and evolution charts. In addition to (usually) being very inefficient and needlessly expensive, 99% of the guides are just wrong.

Ahh okay, I'll have to try once I get back home today.. Hopefully the one I have been working on isn't completely ruined yet lol x.x