V801 - not really effective anymore...

Vxc12

I find it extremely noticeable. Many enemies can't be stunlocked with spells without it. Longer casting techs are more noticeable than short ones, and tech speed also is affected by the level of the tech. If you try to use a lvl 1 grants it will be extremely slow and v801 makes a big difference. A lvl 30 grants will be much faster than a lvl 1 grants, but still gets noticeable boost from v801. I always wear v801 though, it really adds up when you are using a lot of techs, even just when using debuffs.

I've always considered it as an item that all FO must have.

On my fomarl I use a battle unit, smartlink, v801, and 1 situational unit. I almost never do pure techspam on my fomarl, but if i did, i technically could drop the battle unit and smartlink for other units (though I don't, even if i am doing a very techspam heavy run, there is always some enemies i like to attack with a weapon, so i keep it on for more options). I like to use weapons a lot with her, especially rambling may and master sword/ultima reaper. Rambling may <3<3 <3<3 <3<3, literally.