Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Eidolon

Wine patch for PSOBB on Linux and Mac

Recommended Posts

Zeromir    18

Update, the chromebook thing isn't gonna work. However, I've got a different linux laptop, HP brand using an i5 Intel with a mobile.....something. Way better tahn the chromebook despite being way older. So, gonna try and et the game running here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
1 hour ago, Zeromir said:

Update, the chromebook thing isn't gonna work. However, I've got a different linux laptop, HP brand using an i5 Intel with a mobile.....something. Way better tahn the chromebook despite being way older. So, gonna try and et the game running here.

 

ok i guess you will install it Mint or ubuntu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeromir    18
4 minutes ago, Larva said:

 

ok i guess you will install it Mint or ubuntu?

What was on the laptop is ubuntu. I am now in the process of attempting that .wine patch, but I can't find the source file because I installed it through apt-get instead of git. I got this working on ubuntu before, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
10 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

What was on the laptop is ubuntu. I am now in the process of attempting that .wine patch, but I can't find the source file because I installed it through apt-get instead of git. I got this working on ubuntu before, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

If you already have ubuntu then the process is way easier.

You just need to install wine-staging , its wine with some gaming modifications it will run PSO with out issues. You can find that wine under the repositories for ubuntu.

maybe this could help you.   -->  http://linuxg.net/install-wine-staging-on-ubuntu/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeromir    18

Alright, thanks man. Hopefully the issue doesn't persist with the bullshit "deferred" file problem. If it happens again, I'll save the file and paste it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
9 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, thanks man. Hopefully the issue doesn't persist with the bullshit "deferred" file problem. If it happens again, I'll save the file and paste it.

ok good luck , post the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeromir    18

Alright, I installed wine-staging, but I'm not sure what to do now. I have both wine and wine-staging or something? Am I supposed to load the game with the staging version instead? And if so, how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Oyler    31
15 hours ago, Zeromir said:

Seems I'll actually be getting the latest Mint, which is 18.1 "Serena". Hopefully that'll do.

 

noooo  i said 17.3 it should be there before the new 18 has bugs did .. did it work?  let me know how things turned out sorry i fell a sleep hahha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeromir    18
37 minutes ago, Samuel Oyler said:

noooo  i said 17.3 it should be there before the new 18 has bugs did .. did it work?  let me know how things turned out sorry i fell a sleep hahha

Wasn't able to get it set up, my work environment was dusty and there's static risk for messing with the chromebook. Had to remove the read/write switch on the motherboard, couldn't risk it. Working on getting it running on this other laptop instead, and the mystery lies in tha tI got schthack to work, with its launcher, but not Ultima.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
On 2/8/2017 at 7:43 PM, Zeromir said:

Alright, I installed wine-staging, but I'm not sure what to do now. I have both wine and wine-staging or something? Am I supposed to load the game with the staging version instead? And if so, how?

 

no that you have wine-stagging installed first of all try to run the game, skiping the launcher...  

go to the game directory in console once you are in the game directory tipe   "wine psobb.exe"  WITH OUT the quote.

if the game starts up then your going good.

next step is to install net framework 4.0 or 4.5 where is easier.. for this you will need a "program" (more like a script) called winetricks to install it --https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks
-- Winetricks and Framework 4.5 needs Wine to be running in to a environment of 32 bits, follow the next steps to accomplish this (see spoiler)

Spoiler
2

This Is how I did it. The above answer - for me - did not work.

First I deleted the Wine folder with this command:


rm -r ~/.wine

If it tells you that directory is not empty just add the -f (force) flag. Note that this will remove any windows applications installed in this prefix!

Your command should look something like this:


rm -r -f ~/.wine

And then create a 32 bit prefix with this command:


WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine wineboot

now this line in to the directory of winetricks.

$winetricks dotnet45

once you have winetricks and framework 4.5  the launcher should now work just fine.

report results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeromir    18
26 minutes ago, Larva said:

 

no that you have wine-stagging installed first of all try to run the game, skiping the launcher...  

go to the game directory in console once you are in the game directory tipe   "wine psobb.exe"  WITH OUT the quote.

if the game starts up then your going good.

next step is to install net framework 4.0 or 4.5 where is easier.. for this you will need a "program" (more like a script) called winetricks to install it --https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

once you have winetricks installed follow this to install the net framework

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2283185

the launcher should now work for your.

report results.

HALLELUJAH. IT WORKS. Better make this a pinned fix to linux mate, because you are a savior.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
5 hours ago, Zeromir said:

HALLELUJAH. IT WORKS. Better make this a pinned fix to linux mate, because you are a savior.

good to know it worked man.

have fun in the server. XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Oyler    31
On 2/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Zeromir said:

HALLELUJAH. IT WORKS. Better make this a pinned fix to linux mate, because you are a savior.

im sorry i fell a sleep im happy to see it worked out man i hope we get more linux users on ulitma ! we should start a club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bradorego    9

I tried to start a separate thread for this (https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29837-launcherexe-on-mac/) to no avail, so maybe people here have a better idea.

I took about a year off from PSOBB and when I left everything it was running fine on my Mac, but either something with OSX Sierra or with updated versions of wine are seriously breaking things.

`brew install wine` installs version 2.0.1. Trying to get .NET installed there (via winetricks) gives the following error:

------------------------------------------------------
sha256sum mismatch!  Rename /Users/bradorego/.cache/winetricks/dotnet30/dotnetfx3.exe and try again.
------------------------------------------------------

Trying to run Launcher.exe without explicitly installing .NET gives the errors mentioned in the previous thread.

I had some success manually downloading the updates (https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/downloads/) and copying the files into the directory, but that spontaneously stopped working after the latest update (it actually worked for a bit then for some reason stopped).

I'm currently trying PlayOnMac to see if that's any better. So far trying to install dotnet45 there has failed at all.

I'm running out of options/ideas here :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Larva    1,518
On 2/9/2017 at 10:48 AM, Larva said:
 
Spoiler
2

This Is how I did it. The above answer - for me - did not work.

First I deleted the Wine folder with this command:



rm -r ~/.wine

If it tells you that directory is not empty just add the -f (force) flag. Note that this will remove any windows applications installed in this prefix!

Your command should look something like this:



rm -r -f ~/.wine

And then create a 32 bit prefix with this command:



WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine wineboot

now this line in to the directory of winetricks.

$winetricks dotnet45

 

 

On 5/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, bradorego said:

I tried to start a separate thread for this (https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/29837-launcherexe-on-mac/) to no avail, so maybe people here have a better idea.

I took about a year off from PSOBB and when I left everything it was running fine on my Mac, but either something with OSX Sierra or with updated versions of wine are seriously breaking things.

`brew install wine` installs version 2.0.1. Trying to get .NET installed there (via winetricks) gives the following error:


------------------------------------------------------
sha256sum mismatch!  Rename /Users/bradorego/.cache/winetricks/dotnet30/dotnetfx3.exe and try again.
------------------------------------------------------

Trying to run Launcher.exe without explicitly installing .NET gives the errors mentioned in the previous thread.

I had some success manually downloading the updates (https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/downloads/) and copying the files into the directory, but that spontaneously stopped working after the latest update (it actually worked for a bit then for some reason stopped).

I'm currently trying PlayOnMac to see if that's any better. So far trying to install dotnet45 there has failed at all.

I'm running out of options/ideas here :(

 

Reading on your previus treath it seams you haven't set wine to run under a 32bits architecture. you can achieve that with a simple line that i mentioned above.

try to set the wine to run for 32 after that install the dotnet45. let me know the results.

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×