Eidolon

Wine patch for PSOBB on Linux and Mac

119 posts in this topic

Update, the chromebook thing isn't gonna work. However, I've got a different linux laptop, HP brand using an i5 Intel with a mobile.....something. Way better tahn the chromebook despite being way older. So, gonna try and et the game running here.

1 hour ago, Zeromir said:

Update, the chromebook thing isn't gonna work. However, I've got a different linux laptop, HP brand using an i5 Intel with a mobile.....something. Way better tahn the chromebook despite being way older. So, gonna try and et the game running here.

ok i guess you will install it Mint or ubuntu?

4 minutes ago, Larva said:

ok i guess you will install it Mint or ubuntu?

What was on the laptop is ubuntu. I am now in the process of attempting that .wine patch, but I can't find the source file because I installed it through apt-get instead of git. I got this working on ubuntu before, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

10 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

What was on the laptop is ubuntu. I am now in the process of attempting that .wine patch, but I can't find the source file because I installed it through apt-get instead of git. I got this working on ubuntu before, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

If you already have ubuntu then the process is way easier.

You just need to install wine-staging , its wine with some gaming modifications it will run PSO with out issues. You can find that wine under the repositories for ubuntu.

maybe this could help you.   -->  http://linuxg.net/install-wine-staging-on-ubuntu/

Alright, thanks man. Hopefully the issue doesn't persist with the bullshit "deferred" file problem. If it happens again, I'll save the file and paste it.

9 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, thanks man. Hopefully the issue doesn't persist with the bullshit "deferred" file problem. If it happens again, I'll save the file and paste it.

ok good luck , post the results.

Alright, I installed wine-staging, but I'm not sure what to do now. I have both wine and wine-staging or something? Am I supposed to load the game with the staging version instead? And if so, how?

15 hours ago, Zeromir said:

Seems I'll actually be getting the latest Mint, which is 18.1 "Serena". Hopefully that'll do.

noooo  i said 17.3 it should be there before the new 18 has bugs did .. did it work?  let me know how things turned out sorry i fell a sleep hahha

37 minutes ago, Samuel Oyler said:

noooo  i said 17.3 it should be there before the new 18 has bugs did .. did it work?  let me know how things turned out sorry i fell a sleep hahha

Wasn't able to get it set up, my work environment was dusty and there's static risk for messing with the chromebook. Had to remove the read/write switch on the motherboard, couldn't risk it. Working on getting it running on this other laptop instead, and the mystery lies in tha tI got schthack to work, with its launcher, but not Ultima.

15 hours ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, I installed wine-staging, but I'm not sure what to do now. I have both wine and wine-staging or something? Am I supposed to load the game with the staging version instead? And if so, how?

no that you have wine-stagging installed first of all try to run the game, skiping the launcher...  

go to the game directory in console once you are in the game directory tipe   "wine psobb.exe"  WITH OUT the quote.

if the game starts up then your going good.

next step is to install net framework 4.0 or 4.5 where is easier.. for this you will need a "program" (more like a script) called winetricks to install it --https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

once you have winetricks installed follow this to install the net framework

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2283185

the launcher should now work for your.

report results.

26 minutes ago, Larva said:

no that you have wine-stagging installed first of all try to run the game, skiping the launcher...  

go to the game directory in console once you are in the game directory tipe   "wine psobb.exe"  WITH OUT the quote.

if the game starts up then your going good.

next step is to install net framework 4.0 or 4.5 where is easier.. for this you will need a "program" (more like a script) called winetricks to install it --https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

once you have winetricks installed follow this to install the net framework

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2283185

the launcher should now work for your.

report results.

HALLELUJAH. IT WORKS. Better make this a pinned fix to linux mate, because you are a savior.

5 hours ago, Zeromir said:

HALLELUJAH. IT WORKS. Better make this a pinned fix to linux mate, because you are a savior.

good to know it worked man.

have fun in the server. XD

On 2/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Zeromir said:

im sorry i fell a sleep im happy to see it worked out man i hope we get more linux users on ulitma ! we should start a club

2 hours ago, Samuel Oyler said:

im sorry i fell a sleep im happy to see it worked out man i hope we get more linux users on ulitma ! we should start a club

join me to that club xD