Wine patch for PSOBB on Linux and Mac

3 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, followed your steps, and I got the game installed. However, I lost the configure wine function and the program loader after installing the devel kit, and now the game won't load up. Not sure how to get it back, honestly.

just dubble click on options or the other starter exe's use wine loader you dont need wine tricks

1 minute ago, Samuel Oyler said:

just dubble click on options or the other starter exe's use wine loader you dont need wine tricks

Oh, that's not what I mean. I have wine tricks, but the program loader isn't installed. And....there's no options program when I installed it. All I have is the psobb.exe, psobb.pat, and Launcher.exe for the executable files.

4 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Oh, that's not what I mean. I have wine tricks, but the program loader isn't installed. And....there's no options program when I installed it. All I have is the psobb.exe, psobb.pat, and Launcher.exe for the executable files.

you tryed installing it with terminal try removeing it first then a clean install maybe that will help sorry im no good with this

you tryed installing it with terminal try removeing it first then a clean install maybe that will help sorry im no good with this

Alright, so go through the uninstall program and such? Not sure what to do about the wine program loader, but I can take a look at the winehq versions

7 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, so go through the uninstall program and such? Not sure what to do about the wine program loader, but I can take a look at the winehq versions

here are my notes the bottom is uninstall in terminal

i dont think you need a restart but couldn’t hurt ?
best wine  

Install  
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds

$ sudo apt-get update

$ sudo apt-get install --install-recommends wine-staging

$ sudo apt-get install winehq-staging

Optional, to remove wine and revert the changes, do:

$ sudo apt-get install ppa-purge

$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:wine/wine-builds

Edited by Samuel Oyler

33 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Alright, did all of these steps, and now there is no .wine folder in my /home/. Am I missing anything?

nope that should be good sorry i was afk   try reinstalling it and seeing if it runs after everything is a clean in stall if not then idk.. im useing a i 3 core desktop set at 2.8 quid core with 5 gb of ram it may be you need more power to run pso it dose need more in linux then it dose for windows

3 minutes ago, Zeromir said:

Oh wait, things seem alright, it's not opening a virtual machine window, it's just opening the installer with ease. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

NICE keep at it man im wishing you luck !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeromir said:

Well, it's giving me an error when I start it up, showing that it can't even load. Not sure what the problem is, but it's showing a lot of lib files being deferred?

ya i got that before find the verison of wine that works with it thats why i was using that one set wine kind you may have to reinstall linux to get it to work only useing the wine i listed  even then it may not work im sorry its picky thank you for taking the time to try !

ya i got that before find the verison of wine that works with it thats why i was using that one set wine kind you may have to reinstall linux to get it to work only useing the wine i listed  even then it may not work im sorry its picky thank you for taking the time to try !

Thanks for helping anyways man. I can also easily reinstall a different version of linux, just gotta wipe the chromebook and go back to developer mode. No problem. And also, GNOME isn't a very good version D:

1 minute ago, Zeromir said:

Thanks for helping anyways man. I can also easily reinstall a different version of linux, just gotta wipe the chromebook and go back to developer mode. No problem. And also, GNOME isn't a very good version D:

im using cinnamon 64 bit both should work try cinnamon and use mint 17,3 this time maybe if you use my exact set up it will work