Wine patch for PSOBB on Linux and Mac

3 hours ago, Samuel Oyler said:

well i got it working for me it was Ubuntu thats what i used to run it  you should install the new wine the unstable one do it in terminal not with the soft where app they give you

if this dosnt work try 8 not 9 for wine but that worked for me there was some other like settings but im unsure what got it to run as it is now i have the files and thro a new bild of Ubuntu docent run psobb in linux my copped files of the programming folder from the time it did work still runs on a new install  im not sure how i can give you the files but ill up load them some where if you cant get it working and you can tell me if they work for you its run stable there are some bugs but ill talk with you in game once its running.

im kind of bin busy in life lately but ill try to cheack latter to see if there is any more i can do or a place to up load that  as i said im not sure why that programing folder works for i all i know  i just got lucky

this is a screen shot of it running i wish you luck ill help you if i can

SPQ3Ebm.jpg

Oh man, you're lucky. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I'm supposed to get this running. It's not a virtual machine running Ubuntu on my end, it's the actual software, so I'm unsure if it's different from the instructions given on the patch page in github.

I made it as far as the wine 1.8, patch installed, psobb installed, but I'm not sure how to apply the patch or even get psobb running in the first place. I' love some assistance with this.

• Like 1

look up how to use terminal to install wine  you dont want 1,8 its https://www.winehq.org/download
i think its 1.9 lets say im right first remove the wine you have   

this is the page im reading from   https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

in terminal type

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 

hit enter and so on after each one if your new to linux

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel

after this you simply download vlc or winzip for windows launch it useing wine it will update this happens twice as i recall after it should run

go to your hard drive the Home part use ctrl + h to see hidden files open .wine

in .wine open drive_c

you should now see the psobb folder open it and right click on option.exe or online.exe and run it with wine  

set settings and then run it  should work shouldn't crash till you get to ship select if that happens im not sure i should try sharing my files

if  you have problems it will be on the way to selecting ships

If you can pick the ship your in ^^ ill try to look in to see if i can help more i hope this works this is the build i used

Edited by Samuel Oyler
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2016 at 7:04 PM, Samuel Oyler said:

look up how to use terminal to install wine  you dont want 1,8 its https://www.winehq.org/download
i think its 1.9 lets say im right first remove the wine you have   

this is the page im reading from   https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

in terminal type

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 

hit enter and so on after each one if your new to linux

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-devel

after this you simply download vlc or winzip for windows launch it useing wine it will update this happens twice as i recall after it should run

go to your hard drive the Home part use ctrl + h to see hidden files open .wine

in .wine open drive_c

you should now see the psobb folder open it and right click on option.exe or online.exe and run it with wine  

set settings and then run it  should work shouldn't crash till you get to ship select if that happens im not sure i should try sharing my files

if  you have problems it will be on the way to selecting ships

If you can pick the ship your in ^^ ill try to look in to see if i can help more i hope this works this is the build i used

The patch from the original post fixes the ship crash issue. With the patch you should be able to play with out issue the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm not reviving an old topic, but could anyone drop me the patched dlls? I'm having too much trouble, I'm currently running a 64bit environment so compiling wine32bit isn't an option for me at the moment. My internet is also acting up to the point where downloading a 32bit iso is a hopeless endeavour.

I'm dying to be able to play PSO again, and would appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Thanks tonnes. I figured it's worth a shot since we won't know for sure until I try. If it does I'll only have one or two small issues left to fix.

----

EDIT: Just tried building the source in a VM for about 3 hours, no luck. Really hoping those dlls will work or I'll have to blow away my system and install windows and I'd really rather not do that.

I suppose I could also try a winXP VM..

Edited by neriek

On 7/2/2016 at 4:39 PM, neriek said:

Thanks tonnes. I figured it's worth a shot since we won't know for sure until I try. If it does I'll only have one or two small issues left to fix.

----

EDIT: Just tried building the source in a VM for about 3 hours, no luck. Really hoping those dlls will work or I'll have to blow away my system and install windows and I'd really rather not do that.

I suppose I could also try a winXP VM..

Ok here are the files, download the Tar and extract the dlls and put them in the main directory of PSOBB.

Remember this files were compiled using Wine 1.8.2 in a linux Distribution 64bits.  Try to use a Wine version 1.8.x to have a better chance.

please also post the result of your adventure. Thanks

https://mega.nz/#!5FkiASgA!pO179CMVS2lVX9K6sjWTmLe12PvcJQ4krX6DwxMq2nE

Edited by Larva

On 7/4/2016 at 7:58 AM, Larva said:

Ok here are the files, download the Tar and extract the dlls and put them in the main directory of PSOBB.

Remember this files were compiled using Wine 1.8.2 in a linux Distribution 64bits.  Try to use a Wine version 1.8.x to have a better chance.

please also post the result of your adventure. Thanks.

PSO MipMap Patch.tar.gz

Unfortunately it won't let me download I guess it's because I only have 3 posts including this one...

However that is my actual setup for linux so it should theoretically work.

1 hour ago, neriek said:

Unfortunately it won't let me download I guess it's because I only have 3 posts including this one...

However that is my actual setup for linux so it should theoretically work.

Is not only your account, I can't download it either.
I already notified him.

It seems that compiling wine in a 64bit environment takes more expertise than I have. Keep getting errors saying I'm missing 32bit dev libraries for X.

Currently running Ubuntu 14.04 and wine 1.8.0

30 minutes ago, kbuzz said:

It seems that compiling wine in a 64bit environment takes more expertise than I have. Keep getting errors saying I'm missing 32bit dev libraries for X.

Currently running Ubuntu 14.04 and wine 1.8.0

Use wine 1.8.2 or playonlinux with wine 1.8.2 and the dll's above, I haven't tested yet but they SHOULD work.