A unique start.

Matt Stark

This is not my first Blue Burst experience, and far from my first Phantasy Star experience. (That would be the original Phantasy Star for NES, albeit as a triple pack on the Gameboy Advanced)

This is, however, my first time on Ultima, and while I'm not sure how to feel about the default XP settings for now, I'll be glad it's there much later on. Because level 100+ grinding on vanilla is soooooo much fun [/sarcasm]

Anyway, I decided to take a brand new RAcaseal into Episode 2, because the starting loot and XP there is superior to Episode 1 in exchange for slightly higher difficulty (traps). Wouldn't you know it, the very first enemy I encounter is a Nar Lily (along with some Deminians).

To be sure, that's never happened to me before. :D Fighting a Nar Lily at level 2 (I killed the Deminians first) takes forever, but that 598 XP was very nice. :onion88:

Oh right. I suppose I should also say, Hello Everyone.

• Like 2

Hi there : ) hope you like it here , I'm a GameCube offline guy from 12 plus years ago who found this place by accident and have not played anything else since. Rare enemies are more common here so enjoy extra xp from them to get levelled quicker and also I like to start new characters on ep4 aswell for a challenge although you might need some gear to boost a new character first(you know the the drill high level mag and what not) so good luck and happy hunting : )

Tanks Gaiz. I'm going to like it here. :)

Welcome back! But Phantasy Star 1 was for Master System, not NES. Had you played Phantasy Star The End of The Millennim for Mega Drive? (You can buy it in Steam!) To me, it is the BEST 16-bits RPG. (suck on that CT and FFVI)

Was it really? But PS1 seriously looks like an NES game. Ah well.

I feel Phantasy Star 3 & 4 are criminally under appreciated, so I'll have to take a look at The End of the Millennium thanks :D

The End of The Millennium IS PS4, it doesn't have the number in Japan, and I call almost everything by its japanese name lol. 3 was such a mess that SEGA thought it was better to not call the fourth entry "PS4".

Well, NES and Master System are both 8bit consoles. MS is a bit more powerful, though.

phantasy-star-4-jap.jpg

3 was such a mess that SEGA thought it was better to not call the fourth entry "PS4".

I have a hard time believing that, because PS3 was amazing. In fact I had hoped they would make PS4 in the same style, but they didn't, and it instead looked very close to PS2, which initially made me very nervous. PS2 was... not so good. I worried for nothing though, because of course, PS4 was also amazing.

Also I think we can both agree that Phantasy Star 1 had a phenomenal story, but... Those dungeons! Auuugh! Would it have killed them to include a map?!