Game Pad Keyboard?

Kaji Motomiya

So instead of the keyboard, I use a gamepad for my gaming experience on Phantasy Star Online, and to be specific, a wired Xbox 360 controller. Since it has the USB and all, I experimented (and it works! lol).

But as some 360 players would know, the controller has a slot on the bottom that allows other things to be attached, like a headset. In my case, I want to see if I can use THIS:

chatpad-360.jpg

I'm curious to see if connecting this to the controller while playing Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst on the PC will really allow you to have a keyboard on your fingers than in front of you. I'd like to ask people I'd know who play the game (you guys) and the game mods and admin (somewhere in this forum), as you would probably have more of an answer for something this specific than Google.

Thanks!

Currently it dont work, theres no drivers realsed for it and no sign of them coming anytime soon .

But for a good point the headset does work =D

Edited by djij2010
  • Like 1

Nope I remeber trying it before and I searched again to see if anything has been done but it hasnt.

And that price aint to bad, brand new?

To be honest it isnt really worth getting it unless you have a 360 but its worth picking a chaep headset up.

I know it works as I use one, also the headset earpeice can also be used as earphone.

Yeah, it's new. I got a coupon for it, and I was hoping that it can make typing and using commands that require a keyboard easier to access, since it's not easy to type while playing at the same time because you'd have to put down the controller.

Does Sony's PS3 keypad connect to the computer as well?

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, that's a pretty nice feature. They should really list that as a major feature of the controller. Never have heard of this before.

Some main reasons I don't like to use headsets on PC is (1) I like to listen to music while I play and (2) the cable mess. However, the 360 wireless controller/headset does well.

Just confirmed it to be working! Win7 picked up my official 360 headset when I plugged it into the wireless 360 controller. I imagine it would work with any 2.5mm headset :}

Edited by Nessly

well years later. however there might be people still looking for this so here it is.

there is a little something called chatpad-super-driver, it is still in alpha, and it is a pain to install but it works

I would totally try that if the drivers supported wireless. I don't own wired 360 controllers. Nice heads up on the drivers, though. :)

• 3 years later...

*UPDATE*

Xbox 1 controller with chatpad and wireless connect work great. Nothing to install just plug and play