How does everyone get crazy gear? =/

Hey folks, new player here. I'm curious how everyone I end up doing TTFs with has outrageous gear (room attacks, crazy high damage, etc.) I'm roughly half or less of their damage even though I'm about the same level. Maybe TTFs are just for leveling and there's another way to get gear? The very few rares I notice that drop randomly always get ninja'd suuuper quick.

So how is everyone getting all this great gear? Are there other quests or something people do for gear? I'm a 68 Ranger, and kind of feel stuck in the TTF grind.

Hey Devion, its Ruby! :D But yeah, it could be for the two things that were said by the above posters. Some people who have already done the grind might prepare some gear on the higher lvl toon and transfer the stuffs (Usually mags, units, and low lvl armors with 4 unit slots) to the lower level to become as OP as they are at low levels. Its quite possible to have top level gear on like Dark Meteors or Iron Fausts or Psycho Ravens at level 1 at times if you have the units/mags for it. But yeah, the good stuff usually drops in Ultimate or sometimes in V.Hard, so just focus on leveling up for now, and in time that level difference can help ya farm the good stuff later on!

Edited by Colton Doura

start as a ranger, they are the easiest to gear in my opinion. you don't need crazy expensive stuff to own on a ranger. if you are dedicated it doesn't take long to get geared up on this server.

Start with black paper deal gear, photon crystals aren't that hard to get during rare monster event, and even then it's a normal mode hunt.

Don't waste any event, every single event item is always worth something and that's where you can get most pd to do your trading, upgrading your gear. (except troll items)

Doing mags to sell and such seem to be a quick way to get a good amount of pd. Mix all those and you get some nice gear after some grinding.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the helpful replies! :) (Sidenote: Hey, Ruby! :D) I'm really enjoying the game so far and have met some great folks, no doubt, I just kind of want to be able to contribute a bit more and not feel like I'm being carried. I started playing a few days ago with a friend of mine (RagnarrTK) and we're both enjoying leveling up, so I suppose we'll just stick to that for now.

Ain't nothin gonna help you get better gear faster than getting a group of friends together and workin your asses off on events. Event gear is worth a lot and is pretty powerful usually, so you can either use it yourself, or sell it for DTS (donation tickets), find a weapon you want to pimp out, and ask a GM to do said pimping. It's a long grind either way, but thats the whole point of the game really.

Once you get past all the bells and whistles, you'll want to know to aim for making a set of whatever weapon it is that you're aiming for.

say for example, I wanted to make a Cross Scar set. First, I'd need to find two separate Cross Scars with opposite stats, (or a blank one, but trust me, it costs a lot more to pimp a blank weapon. I'd suggest only aiming for blank weapons IF and only IF its a rare weapon that doesnt come around often.)

So you'd want to find two that might look like this

Cross Scar 40/0/0/40/0

Cross Scar 0/35/20/0/15

now you'd ask a GM to buff the weapon using your DTS appropriately. You'd want to max out the hit on the weapon (red) (maxes at 80) to ensure that your character will be able to fully utilize the weapons Hard and Special attacks, allotting more damage per strike. Hit generally costs more to add that stats do, but the stats are whats going to make your weapon hit harder. Once those weapons look like this

Cross Scar 100/0/0/100/80

Cross Scar 0/100/100/0/80

you'll be effectively tearing through any enemy that comes your way, no matter what level character you throw these suckers on.

so lets review.

Hunting gets you money

money gets you stronk weapons

stronk weapons gets you power

ez pz

The game, fortunately, is set up to where all of these insane weapons are completely optional. You dont need the insane event weapons to succeed. Look at me, the only hit weapon I use is a 25 hit Frozen Smoothie and all the rest of my stuff is non-hit things that I just happened to be given or found along the way. I built my own mag from scratch and traded for pow mats. The real power in a character lies in the units, the mag, and the materials you use. Weapons aren't going to give your character max ATP. Units and mags and materials do that. I'd focus on those first and foremost, then weapons last.

The game, fortunately, is set up to where all of these insane weapons are completely optional. You dont need the insane event weapons to succeed. Look at me, the only hit weapon I use is a 25 hit Frozen Smoothie and all the rest of my stuff is non-hit things that I just happened to be given or found along the way. I built my own mag from scratch and traded for pow mats. The real power in a character lies in the units, the mag, and the materials you use. Weapons aren't going to give your character max ATP. Units and mags and materials do that. I'd focus on those first and foremost, then weapons last.

Good advice! Thanks! I've been working on my mag from scratch. I'm a Human Ranger, so I've been feeding her Antidotes to raise Dex (someone told me to get it to 50) and then Dimates to raise Pow (again, to 45). I have no idea what "units" are (are these the little subaccessories you slot into armor? If so, I've got some okay ones). As far as materials go, I have no idea about any of that, but I'm sure I'll learn along the way reading the forums and such.

I would go with one of these to plans :) thanks Cy

2 Free slot - cyane

Materials

Power = 95

Mind = 125

Luck = 30

Mag

5/177/18/0

Units

Cent/battle

Adept

Final result

ATP/MST/ATA/LUCK maxed

No free materials

3 Free slots - cyane

Materials

Power = 140

Mind = 75 (optional)

Luck = 35

Mag

5/137/58/0

Units

Cent/battle

Final result

ATP/ATA/LUCK maxed - MST 110 from max

No free materials

Wilson, do you really think it is realistic for a new player to get their hands on a Cent/Battle anytime soon, unless they buy it via DTs?

You'd be surprised. A couple high hit weapons that drop often enough could net him a Centurion Battle to any needy buyer. I know I've seen it happen before. From rags to riches.

Wilson, do you really think it is realistic for a new player to get their hands on a Cent/Battle anytime soon, unless they buy it via DTs?

I was referring more to the materials and mag my bad thank you for correcting that I should have said something about that :)

Edited by Colorado Wilson