Help replacing Ep4 Crater Music

ultrajerky

I have no idea how to replace EP4 music, it just doesn't seem to work like ep 1 music. can someone with the means make it so i can have this track (rendezvous-at-tyhrranosis) http://www.mediafire.com/download/sm0m013d1tumuo4/23-rendezvous-at-tyhrranosis-.7z instead of the original crater music. or at least teach me how its done.

Edited by ultrajerky

The bgm's used in most of EP4 function in the same manner as the Central Control area music does in Episode 2. Meaning, these tracks are Seamless; you'd have to make individual ogg files with six second lengths, arranged in such a manner that BB can handle it in the same format with those particular areas. I wish I could tell you why Sega did it like this, other than poor coding.

In my tutorial thread, there's a post that contains a link describing how to do said editing. But this is one of those things what you won't get right the first time, due to the length of the initial process.

I wish I could tell you why Sega did it like this, other than poor coding.

Look at how pso2 music works, I believe is the same idea just not that good xD

Those short phrases allow you to change the music "theme" (like going to battle, area change and such) without abruptly cutting the music.

If this is why it was done that way, most "normal" songs wont really work for this. They need to be "ambient" songs

@ultrajerky

Your link wont work, will lead people to their own mediafire files

Edited by Soly

Look at how pso2 music works, I believe is the same idea just not that good xD

Those short phrases allow you to change the music "theme" (like going to battle, area change and such) without abruptly cutting the music.

If this is why it was done that way, most "normal" songs wont really work for this. They need to be "ambient" songs

@ultrajerky

Your link wont work, will lead people to their own mediafire files

Yea technically all the areas are multi-stream ogg files so that it can do the dynamic music shifts between the calmer exploring music and the hyped up battle monsters version. Most of the areas work fine if you put in a single stream ogg instead (without doing any of that dynamic shifting), but ep 4 areas and ep 2 cca/tower won't let you do the easy route and just replace them with a single stream ogg.

"ambient"

This is the word i was looking for, but couldn't think of it. But yes, in order for your to achieve the same type of transitioning that most of EP4's music uses (aside from Saint Million's music), you'd have to use ambient music to do it. I know of a few tracks that -might- be able to get the job done. I'd have to do some theory testing myself.

If/when I do, I can talk about the results here.