Questions

Ruu

New to server, I did post in ask a question get an answer thread but got no answer (lol), hope you can answer these questions for me :)

Have there been any changes to monster stats? I am playing one person mode in hard forest, lvl 45 humar, really struggling... maybe its just cause I havent played for a long time? I am sure I used to do it at lvl 30 odd.

Any changes to drop files from the originals?

My game crashes randomly - from opening the armour shop to putting meseta in the bank, are these known issues, any fixes?

Any recommended quests that are new to this server?

Probly have other questions, thanks in advance - server seems good on first impression :)

First and foremeost welcome to Ultima! :onion96:

Now to try and answer you questions...

Q Have there been any changes to monster stats? I am playing one person mode in hard forest, lvl 45 humar, really struggling... maybe its just cause I havent played for a long time? I am sure I used to do it at lvl 30 odd.

A Might just be the gear you currently have and mag being low level. In solo mode monsters are weaker compared to normal online. Also to elaborate there is a boost to the classes of +100 ATP, +100 DFP, +100 MST, +10 ATA, EVP I cant recall and LCK remains the same at 100.

Q Any changes to drop files from the originals?

A Some drops have been altered. Here is the drop chart (Its located at the top of the page) http://www.phantasystaronline.net/droptable.php

Q My game crashes randomly - from opening the armour shop to putting meseta in the bank, are these known issues, any fixes?

A Crashes do occur but not frequently. Try and avoid keeping inventory full at 30/30 as Radezz stated. Please read the pinned posts under Bugs and Crashes for further tips!

Q Any recommended quests that are new to this server?

A There are several quests. Lost Riot Raygun Ep.II, MA4DMD Ep.IV just to name. You can find more info about quests by using the search functions.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

Thank you for your information guys.

I found what seems to be a bug yesterday which kind of explained my problems with hard mode - I tested damage received from a booma in hard mode one person mode and damage recieved from a booma in hard mode normal (multiplayer) mode - I took less and damage and required fewer hits to kill boomas in multiplayer mode.

Yeah I'm in agreement with that. In single player Ultimate I get hit by most of the attacks thrown at me, I can block some and they hit harder. In multiplayer rooms I block almost 100% of the attacks thrown at me and when I am hit it does a fraction of the damage it normally would. Although the enemies are more abundant and have more HP, it is overall easier in multiplayer rooms, even if I'm by myself.

Yes ZenReborn, I am concerned because sometimes its nice to just play alone, I know its a multiplayer game and I love to play with others, but sometimes you just wanna go at your own pace.

Could GMs please investigate one person mode difficulties? Seems to be a bit wrong :)

I don't think it's that big of an issue really. It's not hard to get good stuff on this server, if you choose to do so, if the difficulty weren't raised the game would get boring quite quickly. I actually like that about this game. It makes the game a challenge and more fun and satisfying.

Thank you for your information guys.

I found what seems to be a bug yesterday which kind of explained my problems with hard mode - I tested damage received from a booma in hard mode one person mode and damage recieved from a booma in hard mode normal (multiplayer) mode - I took less and damage and required fewer hits to kill boomas in multiplayer mode.

Yeah now I recall that Olga was boosted to prevent easier farming in solo when hunting PGF. It's possible all mobs could of recieved a slight buff too, if anything you could try pm'ing Larva about it.

• Like 1

Xceptional you closed my thread in bugs section? how is it not a bug man?

I have just gone ingame and tested it once again, here are the results.

Humar, 237 defence.

Hard forest One Person mode, Booma hits for 61 damage. Takes a lot longer to kill.

Hard forest Normal (multiplayer mode). Booma hits for 40 damage.

I am saying to you as a new player, this is confusing and might well put some people off!

However, it was different for Very Hard mode. Booma hit for 105 in one person, 115 in multiplayer.

I just did some testing as well with my foney and something is definitely wrong with the monster stats. In hard multiplayer mode boomas have between 405-446 hp (they should have 427 according pso-world so this is fine), but in hard one player mode the boomas have 575 hp (did not die when I did 570 hp, but died when I did 575 hp). There definitely is some sort of bug here that is not correct, one player monsters shouldn't be stronger than multiplayer monsters.

Edited by Fyrewolf5