Centurion/Ability vs Adept

What's the opinion on which is best? Is it subjective on what your character needs? Or does the extra ATA, TP reducing and resistances make Adept the clear winner over the C/Ability raw stats? I'm torn over this lol I need some incite from you all :) if you had 3 of your 4 slots filled which of these 2 would you use and why? Seriously interested in seeing answers here.

• Like 1

I'd say adept.. you seriously can't pass up that 20 ata. The resistances and 25% tp reduction are just the cherries on top. The best thing cent ability has going for it is the 30 luck which, while great, can just be made up in luck mats. I also don't think 30 to every other stat is that big a difference. I only use cent abilities to max out my fomar's stats. All my other chars don't use it.

Edited by rayblasterx
  • Like 3

We'll don't be lazy hunting Luck material. Just do it on happy hours :)

But I will say Adept the useful unit I ever use. If you use this setting

V502,Adept,V101 or cent/battle,Smartlink

• Like 1

While I can't say anything for sure (I don't have any of those units), I can say this:

- The +20 ATA from ADEPT is a GIGANTIC boost. Cent/Ability has +3 ATA and it's the ONLY stat without a material (though if you aren't a ranger You're likely to cap ATA fast, sooooooo yeah).

- As others said ADEPT also increases resistances, while the boost might seem small (+6 all resistances) it's still better to have a 6 than 0 resistance.

- 1 thing against ADEPT is that it takes 20k kills to unseal it from LIMITER. LIMITER does the opposite to ADEPT (Instead of adding stats it takes them away EDIT: Forgot, easy way to unseal is to spam PtS on Normal).

- TP Cost Reduction = FOrce Heaven.

- Every other stat has 10 added by ADEPT, while Cent/Ability adds 30.

CONCLUSION:

Choice is situational.

Edited by gemek

I usually build centurion only on casts. Casts aren't interested in the 25% tp reduction and 7 (?) to all resistances is pretty mediocre. That's like, probably 2% resistance to that element more? Which is marginal because for the elements that really matter (Megid and Grants.. and maybe Shock) you're basically gambling chance to die or chance to not die with Grants and Megid. Megid especially, since it's an insta-kill. Casts don't have a need for the tp reduction, while the 20 ata is nice, it can easily be made up with a dex mag build (which most HUcasts run anyways which is what I'm mostly referring to). If you look at Centurion Ability, you can't argue that the base stats are better. 30 to all and gives you 3 ata as a bonus, which is nice. I guess it all depends on how much you value the extra resistances and the ata if you're not going a Dex mag build. I always used Centurion Ability over Adept for HUcasts and sometimes RAcasts specifically just because the bonuses that you can't get on Adept are mostly useful to only Humans and Newmans. But, like I said, it's mostly how much you value the resistances and the 20 ata. TP reduction on a cast doesn't matter at all (which if you haven't been paying attention my argument is strictly for casts) and the resistances (to me) are marginal benefits.

Edited by Auroboro

Getting ata from a mag is very inefficient because of the 2 dex: 1 ata return. You want to get all of your ata from units if possible. Overall I think cent/arms is better than adept, which is better than cent/ability. It really depends on how much ata the character class needs, though, because if you only need 20 then clearly adept is the best

• Like 1

I'd say it's better to put DEX into the mag so it leaves armor slots free for more important units. I can see that it's neither here nor there so I guess it really is situational. Thank you all for your comments though!