kthanksbye - What Could Have Been...

kajex

Well I'm leaving the server again. Mostly this time around because we're sitting on so many good ideas that just don't seem like they ever will happen. We've had a good run.

By releasing some of the ideas that never were, perhaps it can build some hype and motivate the existing staff to release some of these. The skins are ready and stats are ready for a lot of these items. They just were not released.

Here are some items I helped to introduce to the server:

KajeX Inventions and collaborations on Ultima

• Abuelita/Battle
  • Arrest Needle
  • Asteron Striker (Supposed to be usable by hunewearl, but isn't)
  • Blood Sword
  • Centurion/Arm
  • Centurion/Luck
  • Centurion/Mind
  • Centurion Power
  • Glide Divine V.00 (Currently broken - doesn't boost 3rd technique. If reverser isn't possible, suggestions of Anti or Shifta would suffice.)
  • Godric/Ability
  • Godric's Cloak (Currently broken - doesn't boost ata and is usable by wrong classes)
  • Hylian Shield
  • Master Sword
  • Noob/Hp
  • Psycho Bridge
  • Rico's Parasol
  • Slicer of Vengeance (Currently broken - skin is wrong and looks horrible)
  • Stealth Sword - Desperately needs more ata
  • Sue's Coat
  • Sword of Ultima - Desperately needs more ata and atp
  • Virus Shield: Volt Opt - My very first weapon skin for Ultima
  • Zan Beacon
But there's a lot that we had in mind that just never could happen. I can provide skin files for these upon request, but don't expect my PMs to work. My inbox is 11x over the limit. ^^
Unreleased Weapons:
  • Arrest Faust - Iron Faust in yellow and usable by hunters - Meant to be like arrest needle for hunters. Cancelled because we couldn't seem to make it hit multiple targets.
  • Dual Excaliburs - Two excaliburs in a top-class weapon like mushashi and yamato.
  • Frozen Faust - Iron Faust in red and usable by hunters - Meant to be like a less effective frozen shooter for hunters. Cancelled because we couldn't seem to make it hit multiple targets.
  • Last Holy Ray - Holy Ray with added piercing - Meant to be part of Valentine's day event, but Larva couldn't seem to get the piercing to work (think arrest rianov-5). Was meant for all forces and hunters to use for Arrest. If piercing still is unable to work, possible suggestion is Master Raven animation (3 bullets, 3 times from a single rifle barrel)
  • Lavis Sword - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Lavis Cannon
  • Light Bridge - Skin Only - Stats were never chosen
  • Manly Banana - Troll event item (much like zanbeacon) that is a negative atp canon rouge in yellow and is combo unlocked. Meant to honor Cyane
  • Morolian Rifle - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Tension Blaster
  • Power Drill - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Drill Launcher
  • Panther Umbrella - Skin only. Stats were never chosen.
  • Powermage Saber - Skin only. Stats were never chosen.
  • Samba's Fiesta - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Samba's Maracas
  • S-Blue's Blades - S-reds but for rangers.
  • Ultima Bringer's Rifle - Was meant to be part of Valentine's Day event, but larva could not get piercing to work (Think Demons Rianov-5 for Forces and Hunters). If piercing still is unable to work, possible suggestion is Master Raven animation (3 bullets, 3 times from a single rifle barrel)
  • Ultima Shredder/Ripper/Twin Devil/Blood Blade (Name Undecided) - Girasole with Ultima Reaper skin - Meant to be berserk girasole added to Halloween event. Cancelled because we couldn't get the skin to work and a certain person who isn't with the server anymore refused to help debug it.
  • Unknown Name - Combo unlocked L&K38 Combat only usable by force classes
  • Unknown Name - Upgrade to Twin Blaze for androids. We aren't able to upgrade the level of gifoie it casts, but the suggestion is to try and boost the gifoie technique boost on the weapon by 100% so casts can actually deal a bit of gifoie damage when using this upgrade to Twin Blaze.
  • Whoop Ass - Made with "Photon Amplifier" (unreleased) to extend range of Rocket Punch
  • Zebra Parasol - Skin only. Stats were never chosen.
Unreleased Units
  • Centurion/Body - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts DFP by 75 when equipped."
  • Centurion/HP - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts HP by 125 when equipped."
  • Centurion/Legs - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts EVP by 75 when equipped."
  • Centurion/Luck - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Boosts LCK by 60 when equipped."
  • Centurion/Technique - "A reinforcing unit for protective gear. Raises the levels of all your techniques by 5."
  • Proof of Tech-Saint (Cancelled - Not Possible)- "Raises ATA by 30, cuts TP consumption by 25, raises the level of all your techniques by 3" Probably should be very rare.
  • Sonic/Ability - "When equipped, this unit will increase ATP, MST, EVP, DFP and LCK by 40, and ATA by 3."
  • State/Maintenance - Exists on other servers already. Removes all status effects.
  • V503 (Cancelled - Not Possible) - "When equipped, this unit will increase the success rate of special attacks. Also raises ATA for Hunters and Forces using ranged attacks." (Smartlink and v502 combined into one unit)
  • V802 (Cancelled - Not Possible) - "When equipped, this unit drastically decreases techinque casting time." Consider this the "cent battle" unit for forces.
Other Unreleased Items
  • Troll Booster - "When combined with a certain item, it..." Special item to be used on rabbit wand and final impact. When combined, it creates Saber (preferably with red box lol)!
  • Halloween Costumes - New item "halloween costume" to be used on Red Ring to allow it to look like Cat Ears, Rabbit Ears, and other "costumes", but retain the stats of min red ring.
Proposed Modifications to items:
Rika's Claw - Boosts gi techs, but is not equippable by forces. GI boosts aren't as useful for non-forces. Modify this weapon to allow it to be used by all forces. This would be a much cooler weapon for boosting techs on fonewm and fomar since magical piece is so girly.
Clio - This is a good weapon for boosting zalure range and can be used by ramarl, but not hunewearl. Modify this weapon to allow it to be used by hunewearl. This would make hunewearl more desirable to use.
Nei's Claw (Real) - This weapon boosts simple techs and is insanely rare. However, it's not usable by the one class with native simple tech boosts. Modify this weapon to allow it to be equipped by fonewearl. Perhaps people will want to start donating for this weapon if it can be used on fonewearl.
Siren Glass Hammer - Natively boosts gibarta and has grants special. Neither are very good. Increase gibarta boost to 100%. Add grants boost of 25% to help the usefulness of the special.
Sword of Ultima - Raise stats to be at least as good as Zanba. A weapon with the server's name in it should be an amazing weapon. ATA is waaaaay too low and so is ATP.
Virus Shield - Great shield for newer players, but its ata is lower than red ring and its tech boosting abilities are for unpopular techniques. DEF/EVP and resistances are also lower than most other shields. As a result, very few people use this shield and its value is quite low. Modify the boosts from 20% gi boosts to 45% gi boosts. Change EDK, EFR, ELT resistances from 10% to 25%. These changes should make this a more popular shield.
Power Maser - Very weak weapon and combo locked. Unlock this weapon.
Psycho Raven - Amazing gun, but still not usable by all males. Allow it to be equipped by fomar and fonewm.
Sambas Maracas - There are no guns for male hunters and forces with long ranges. Modify Sambas Maracas to increase the range to handgun or laser range. This will allow male hunters and forces to have a longer-range weapon for dealing damage. The special is basically useless and the atp is incredibly low, so this shouldn't imbalance the game, especially since the weapon cannot grind.
Gael Giel - The most valued mag in the game. However, it does nothing at bosses. Consider adding invincibility or shifta/deband at bosses.
Blood Sword - Great weapon. Limited classes can use it. Change requirements so fomar can equip. All other forces can use it. I'm not sure why fomar was excluded.
Dancing Hitogata - Considering how rare this weapon is, it should be amazing, right? Nope. Barely does damage. (I've tested with 100 100 0 0 100 stats and it still barely does anything on a fomar with max atp, ata and luck.) Consider giving this weapon a significant boost, like adding 300+ atp and 30+ ata to it.
Guld Milla - Once an invaluable weapon for rangers. Now that we have added gush yasminkov, this collector's item isn't very good. The range is shorter than yasminkov, but the yasminkov works just as well if not better for gush. Allow it to be equippable on ALL androids (hucast, hucaseal) and it would become a very popular item.
Daylight Scar - Add Fomar to list of classes that can use this weapon. Vivienne and other weapons are easy to obtain by Fomarl. Fomar has no such luck. Adding daylight scar would allow Fomar to get weapons that are obtainable year round (unlike Girasole which is a damn hard drop)
In addition to the changes above, there are a lot of areas in the game where the drop table makes zero sense. Here were some proposed changes I made in January 2014. I think we finally added antidark ring to the drops somewhere, but no other changes have happened.
Changes to server drops

Olga Flow Ultimate

• Viridia - Drill Launcher 1/37
  • Greenill - Antidark Ring 1/64
  • Skyly - Master Raven 1/64
  • Bluefull - Dress Plate 1/37
  • Purplenum - Antilight Ring 1/37
  • Pinkal - Rocket Punch 1/64
  • Redria - Centurion Arms 1/37
  • Oran - Le Cogneur 1/64
  • Yellowboze - Photon Booster 1/64
  • Whitill - Two Kamui 1/64
Shambertin Ultimate
  • Purple - Remove Rage De Feu (Bad item from this boss). Replace with Last Swan. No need to move it elsewhere. It drops from goran detonators. Just delete from shambertin.
  • Oran - Remove Zero Divide (Bad item from this boss). Replace with Meteor Rouge. Move Zero Divide to an id for Vol Opt ultimate.
  • Whitill - Remove izmaela (Bad item from this boss). Replace with Trap Search 1/37. Move Izmaela to an id for Vol Opt Ultimate.
  • I'd suggest also changing the rates for heavenly resist, raikiri, and laconium axe to make them easier (somewhere around 1/37). These items aren't good enough to be 1/104 drops.
Because this would make Zero Divide unobtainable, it should be moved elsewhere. I propose Vol Opt in Ultimate for at least 1 ID. It's not that strong of a weapon, so it seems like a waste having it as such a hard drop at Shambertin.
Vol Opt Very Hard
It would be so cool to move Virus Shield to be a permanent drop for at least 1 ID. I suggest Very Hard because it's not the strongest shield. New players would appreciate it in Very Hard mode as they level. Either that or add it to mines offensive very hard after we fix the quest.
Again, just some ideas. But this might give players something to look forward to year round so that we don't have to have events turned on all the time.
Epsilon Ultimate
  • Oran - Change rate for ano rifle to something easier, like 1/100 or 1/64. It shouldn't be harder to get than wedding dress.
  • Purple - Change rate of rika's claw to something easier, like 1/100 or 1/64. It shouldn't be harder to get than wedding dress.
  • Viridia - Final impact seriously? xD I'd suggest rianov SNR-2 and let users add specials to it.
  • Redria - Change from Secure Feet to Sword of Ultima
Edited by kajex
  • Like 25

I'm sure he won't larva need to actually give a fuck about us, excuse my french

• Like 5

that arrest faust and freeze faust sound too good to be true!!!!

EDIT*

kay, i originally left my response just as that^^. However, taking some time now this makes me extremely sad none of this has happened. Please believe me when I say this server has made some really awesome items and events and is not in anyway a disappointment.. I also have no knowledge on actually making these things and the difficulty and time required so I have no right to speak but I see a private server of a game we all love and we can do so many more things with it! Again, I realize a lot of these things are probably hard to do and as a player that does no maintenance work it is easy to say what I am saying. But I would be willing to do whatever I can to help make some of these things possible! Lets do it!

Edited by beezemanjones

wow, I never realized it but Kajex was actually my hero. holy shit

a lot of these ideas would have given the Force class, mostly the Fomar, the chance he never had to be good. Missmar will forever be Missmar :(

Edited by Angeldust
  • Like 5

I didn't ever want to release this to the public, but I figured this explains my frustration... Too many ideas just sitting in the GM portion of the forums and not getting used.

sad_panda.jpg

I understand, a lot of these ideas are sick! Dual Excaliburs?!

If anything we could've put together Lambda Excalibur

http://psupedia.info/Lambda_Excalibur.html

It really pains me to see you leave, specially knowing all you've done for this community, for your worries in class balancing, the best events i ever seen and always wanting to set some amusing mood in the game.

Hopefully things can have a change or an improvement so we can have you back ;/

• Like 2

i like some of the changes you proposed (many of the ones that favor force and expecially the one that stop racism against hunewearl) but many of the others feels like you are basically making hunter a ranger with more atp,

like the samba maracas with rifle range, give them to an hucast with shifta lvl 30, he has like 300 more atp than racast, and this atp boosted by shifta will get him like the damage of a racast with 0% psycho raven on rifle range (a bit less if i did well calculations). Just remember that hucast has WAY too much atp on his own.
Also i'd like a lot more quests on this server (expecially ep1 and ep2 good quests) other than items.
Anyways thanks a lot for all you did for us ( and for all the mesetas you gave me lol)
i really appreciated many of your trolls on people lol

Edited by BK-201
  • Like 1

Anything that would be out of balance would have come with some form of restriction. Most of the weapons in the list never made it into the testing phase. I promise everything that did eventually get released had lots of feedback from users before officially launching. (This was part of the fun.)

i like some of the changes you proposed (many of the ones that favor force and expecially the one that stop racism against hunewearl) but many of the others feels like you are basically making hunter a ranger with more atp,

like the samba maracas with rifle range, give them to an hucast with shifta lvl 30, he has like 300 more atp than racast, and this atp boosted by shifta will get him like the damage of a racast with 0% psycho raven on rifle range (a bit less if i did well calculations). Just remember that hucast has WAY too much atp on his own.

Also i'd like a lot more quests on this server (expecially ep1 and ep2 good quests) other than items.

Anyways thanks a lot for all you did for us ( and for all the mesetas you gave me lol)

i really appreciated many of your trolls on people lol

don't focus so much on his atp, remember he's still blind as a bat and can't hit anything lol

• Like 1

Np you can 80hit them easily and problem solved, well i bet 30hit up will be more than enough tbh.
Hucast ATA isn't that bad, also remember you have ft that reduces enemy's evp, so basically they indirectly have more ata than fleshy hunters.
The thing is that with those mg you aren't using a special to attack but just n/h attacks, so ata is not really a problem

Edited by BK-201
  • Like 1