Challenge Mode updates

Soly

To explain a bit what's going on, cmode server code was incomplete when it was originally programmed, recently Tofuman was working on it for the Tethealla server software, he told me about it and I decided while the new software is not released, I would do this since cmode is getting popular again.

Before:

Cmode data would be deleted if you completed either Ep1 or Ep2 with S rank (this wasn't coded correctly, fixed it a few days before this new update)

You could farm any rank reward if you had the times for it and completed a stage. (refer to previous point)

If you had any rank, you could not get rewards for the lower ranks.

You would dc if the reward the game asked for wasn't in the list.

After:

Cmode data is no longer deleted.

You can not farm rewards, the game will say you already received a reward if this is the case and optionally let you get a lower rank reward. (refer to next point)

You should receive a lower level rank reward if you complete a rank that you have received the reward before. (If this doesn't happen please report it)

You should not disconnect now receiving any reward. (If this happens please report it)

These updates are in place since the last restart, I wasn't going to post it but decided to do it to let everybody know rather than relying on the people that know about it to spread it.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 11

Are you able to fix the drop rates? The drop rates with the initial Teth CM code is incorrect, because the game is trying to roll for meseta which does not occur in CM, and it does it at a pretty high rate (63% or something lol), which means people are getting only a third of the drops they should be getting doing CM here.

Furthermore, the initial loadouts are also incorrect causing some interesting disconnects, for example FO does not start with Trap Vision in 2C4, but the initial code said they did causing some weird disconnects if certain things were done (such as 30/30 inventory disconnecting, or Trap Vision use).

Also there's a bug in 2C5 with the enemy IDs causing them to go out of sync in Area 29, which causes a huge EXP drop there and makes the stage not playable as it once was.

This is just stuff that's going to get fixed in the next release, also, but it's some stuff you might want to look at now if you can.

• Like 3

Thanks for the input.

- They can be adjusted, personally I don't have any tool to edit the file that holds common drops and rates of all this stuff (and by hand, damn), but is in the process of being made.

- The loadouts were corrected a while ago. Pretty sure you know this but for everyone else, all the classes start with what you see on the client, which is hard-coded, The ship just emulates that and doberman didn't copy them completely correctly. I did try almost every stage before Tofuman gave me a list he had made.

- Iirc it has to do with the enemies that have "childs", but I'm afraid at this point I don't go that far. I'll see if i can do something about it.

As you said, yeah this is being worked on in p2, so any big changes I would rather wait for it to be released.

Edited by Soly
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...