Gamcube Controller With PSOBB?

I hooked my gamecube controller up to my computer and it works well with emulators. I thought it would be cool to use it to play PSOBB, and I tried it, but the way it mapped the keys was uncomfortable. It uses X as the Enter key, which really bothers me. If there is any software I can use to be able to configure the button layout, it would be great if someone would show me it. Thanks

(In Game). you just go into options >>> gamepad settings >>> Custom. From there just choose whatever buttons you want to change by hitting Enter on your keyboard and then pressing a button on your controller to map it.

Edited by Berrymilk
  • Like 2

You can customize the keys in-game as it is...

Menu -> Options -> Pad Button Config

The program I use for my controllers may or may not work for you. Google for

MotioninJoy

The app itself is called DS3 Tool. It lets you use PS/PS2/PS3 and Xbox/Xbox360 controllers with your computer and adds some custom functions (rapid fire, programmable macros, etc.). There's some custom settings to allow the use of third-party controllers, so it MIGHT let you use your GC controller. If I had a GC controller I'd check for you, but I don't. Sorry!

***EDIT*** Lulz... Ninja'd by Berry! :P

Edited by Talisien
  • Like 2

You can customize the keys in-game as it is...

Menu -> Options -> Pad Button Config

The program I use for my controllers may or may not work for you. Google for

MotioninJoy

The app itself is called DS3 Tool. It lets you use PS/PS2/PS3 and Xbox/Xbox360 controllers with your computer and adds some custom functions (rapid fire, programmable macros, etc.). There's some custom settings to allow the use of third-party controllers, so it MIGHT let you use your GC controller. If I had a GC controller I'd check for you, but I don't. Sorry!

***EDIT*** Lulz... Ninja'd by Berry! :P

I'll +1 Vote you for giving alternative methods though. <3

I used to play PSOBB with a GC controller, the adapter I used had some software included (or maybe I downloaded it from the manufacturers website) and with that program you could adjust the dead/active zone the analog stick. I remember it did not work right away, somehow I had to activate something in the system controller settings first, otherwise the adapter software did not work.

Sorry, I cannot remember exactly what had to be done since this was at least 5 years ago. But I remember I had the same problems you are describing right now. But I'm sure I could fix it back then.

I too used to play with a GC pad though I have "upgraded" to an Xbox 360 pad. The GC pad was connected with an adapter (called somthing including "Tiger") and I also had issues with the deadzones. I used a program called DXTweak 2 to fix them. Download here:

http://sethioz.com/download.php?view.80

These are the settings I used, this is an actual screenshot from 2006:

padconfig_values4oz9d.jpg