Windows 10 - lobby load crash

Unfortunately, the game won't load at all in Windows 10. Even when using the compatability mode for windows 7 and 8, as soon as I get to the lobby, the game crashes, and the loading screen sound continues to play. No graphic interface items show up, it's just a half loaded lobby.

Well.. as others suggested... a virtual full screen program might do the trick.. but also... in full screen you cant alt+tab .. personally i do it a lot lol

You all now this game is really old.. and the ones involved, the client cant be modified extensively... as of now i doubt it could be fixed... from pso side.. maybe some windows tweak could work... will have to try.

Virtual fullscreen program? I can guess what it is, but could you suggest one? I just google searched and didn't find any good results. It's an old game, but it was working on Windows 8 (thanks to some patches by ultima, I'm guessing) so couldn't we get it working on 10 in the same way? I'd like to keep this game relevant as long as possible, so if there is anything that I can do to help, or if we could discuss what could be the problem, that would be great! It obviously has to do with how windows 10 handles fullscreen programs differently than windowed programs. So there's a start, eh?

Edit: But I wouldn't want to have to play PSO in windowed. The big bars kind of ruin the immersion for me. Think of Sonic Adventure 1 Steam/PS3/XB360 release.

Edited by Justin Sink