Is PSOBB compatible with Windows 10?

A friend of mine just installed Windows 10 on his laptop and now he isn´t able to connect to the ultima ship. But he is able to start the launcher, type in his username and pw, start the game, search for updates and select his character. But after that he can´t go any further... Yesterday, before he installed Windows 10 he had no problems playing on Ultima.

Reinstalling the game did not solve this problem. He is the admin on his laptop and he activated a firewall exception.

Thx in advance 4 your quick support ;)

Edited by Shanks1987

Well... is really weird that you mention he can select the character but not go any further... might want to leave his username or guildcard here to check his character.. does it happen with every account her tries?

• Like 1

I'm currently having the exact same problem as your friend. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my laptop and all of a sudden i cannot get past the loading screen after character selection without the game freezing. Ive tried running it in windows 8 compatibility mode and even windows 7 and xp, and yet nothing worked for me so far. If anyone knows how to fix this and can help us, I would greatly appreciate it.

I was getting the black screen when doing the full screen mode, I switched to windowed mode and it worked fine. Not sure why full is not working.

I think i have heard of that before... I'll search the forum to see if i find anything lol

I have never used full screen since long ago... kinda like since Windows 8... i'll try it... but either way yeah.. full screen can't alt tab... we should make some virtual full screen thing for people who still want full screen

ok he will give that a try, btw he tried it with my acc and it does not work again and I am able to log in with his acc on my old fashioned windows xp notebook.

I also read the topic with the black screen on full screen mode from the past, and if I got it correctly, there was no real solution beside not playing it in full screen mode^^

ohh he just told me that he tried it on window mode and even this won`t stop his game from freezing after the character selection screen...

Edited by Shanks1987