Blue Screen crash

Hi, I havent been on here in probably years, friend fo mine decided to play this recently and is wanting me to play, love the game. Problem is, once i log-in, start a room and start tryin to do stuff, the game will literally freeze, and I wind up with a blue screen telling me error occured and windows was forced to "shutdown". Never had an issue like this with any other game, video card is not a bad one, havent even had it very long. I run Windows 7 64 bit pro, i7 3.2 processor, Nvidia Geforce 285 GTX video card, and have 12 GB of RAM. Not sure what could be causing this issue, has to be settings or something, tried changing settings, running with admin privlages, everything I can think of, even making sure video card drivers are updated.

Any Ideas on why this game is crashing windows itself?

using an Xbox 360 controller, always used controller before, but do you think that could be causing an issue?

also, PC hasnt ever ran hot, if i was would prolly have caused issues doing other things, than just this game in particular.

Edited by darkenedfaith

Well I've known issues with the combination of gamepads and PSOBB that caused blue screens, however it was usually with PS3 controllers when a micro disconnection occurred. Did you install a custom driver for the gamepad? What's your operating system btw?

• Like 1

Something about this just screams video drivers, I'd say uninstall your current driver and try the Omega Nvidia drivers to see if that may indeed be the culprit. Granted this is an old game, but sometimes even the recommended drivers are quirky about old games...

http://www.ngohq.com/?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=26

using windows 7 64-bit pro, and i'll mess around with video drivers and see if that works

if that dont work, going to see how it does without controller plugged in, and controller was plug and play, so the real drivers are being used, instead of say a 3rd party driver like ps3/4 controller would need

by the way, thanks for replying guys, and i'll let you know if i happen to find something that works, might suck for me to not use controller but if that's what will work then that's what i'll do lol

Edited by darkenedfaith