Megid and Grants?

Well, that's a bit of a mouthful, but here goes:

Megidd is an high level dark insta-kill spell, Higher level means higher accuracy? I think.

Grantz is a high level light spell. Higher level means higher damage.

You can find them in shops occasionally and out in the filed, but your best bet is to but your highest current max from other players.

Hope that help, nya!

=(>,__,<)=

• Like 1

Megid is an all or nothing spell, it has a higher chance on killing an enemy in one shot if thir DRK resistance is low. USually monsters in episode 2 are more prone to megid deaths.

Grants is a wide range, 360Ā° spell that lands on th closest targetable target in range. This can also be a box, so not super reliable in all situations but it does great damage on ep4 bosses.

• Like 2

Both MST and the level of the spell will affect the damage. (MST does not affect Megid).

In my opinion, one of the most important attributes to a higher level spell is the range at which it can target an enemy (assuming you're going to stand out of harm's way and nuke enemies from afar). Several techs (including Grants and Megid) have their range increased after every 5 levels. (1-5) (6-10) (11-15) (16-20) (21-25) (26-30) In other words, a grants lvl 21 through 25 will have shorter range than a grants lvl 26 through 30.

Other techs whose range behaves the same way when leveling:

Rafoie

Barta

Gibarta

Gizonde

Razonde

(Most other techs that aren't listed here actually gain a tiny bit of range for each and every level.)

Edited by Tera
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some general tips for new Force players- things I've learned the hard way, mostly, lol!

-- Always keep a good level of Resta, as healing is one of your primary jobs when playing with others. (Sometimes your ONLY job, depending on the type of Force you play and the class composition of your group.) However, don't get over-zealous with the Resta casting until you know how the group plays... Some people are 100% comfotable being at 25% health and spamming Berzerk with a melee weapon, and will get annoyed enough to drop out of the room if you over-heal. (Not as big a deal here on Ultima as it was on SCHThack, but still...)

-- Like Resta, you want as high a level of Shifta and Deband as you can manage. Buffing the party is also a major part of the job of a Force... Probably about 40% of your main benefit to any party, honestly, with another 35% being healing via Resta, 10% casting Reverser to raise downed members from the dead, and the remaining 15% of your usefulness to the average party being damage-dealing. (Unless you're playing a FOnewm, in which case it swings more in favor of dealing damage... By a little bit.)

-- Barta is very useful against any enemy that can fly. Barta may only make a straight line, and not a super long one, but it has INFINITE vertical reach. You can tag enemies in flight regardless of how high in the air they may be, as long as the line of Barta rolls along underneath them.

-- Zonde has one of the longest ranges of any spell in the game, and a minimal casting cost. It's good for tagging and making things flinch because of that, even if the enemy in question isn't weak to it. It also has a pretty fast casting animation, which helps a LOT at times.

-- Make sure to keep your Gifoie as high level as possible... It's a "fire and forget" spell, in that once you cast it, Gifoie will expand around you for a moderate (a few seconds, at least, more with higher spell level) period of time, causing non-flying enemies coming towards you to flinch even if they don't take any serious damage. This gives you time to get off some real damage spells on them, or put more distance between you and said enemy or enemies. Gifoie has the added benefit of even being able to tag enemies in other rooms, so sometimes you can use it to kill things that don't even know you're there.

-- Jellen and/or Zalure are two of your best friends if you've got some high level players willing to rush you levels. They can tag large numbers of enemies without interrupting the combos of other players due to knocking enemies back. And even a weak J/Z will help any time you're trying to solo grind.

-- The non-rare 'official' weapons for Forces- Cane, Rod, and Staff weapons- are pretty much useless. The only thing they are ever worth equipping for is a few extra points of MST to learn a technique disk a level or two early. Don't ever buy them. Most of the rare Force weapons are pretty crap, too, for that matter, lol.

-- As soon as you can manage it, if your chosen Force can equip it, get your hands on a Glide Divine. It's good on its own, what with having a built-in area afftect of Anti, and a solid boost to your stats, but the special will ALSO give you the option once per ten minutes if you keep it equipped to completely refill your TP at the cost of your HP... which you then refill damned-near for free with a Resta or two. Probably won't help in combat, but by using it when a room is cleared but before moving to a new area it can save you a lot of hassle in the long run by cutting down on trips to buy more Trifluids.

--If you can get your hands on one, the Holy Ray rare handgun is a solid mid-level weapon for Forces, since it relies on MST rather than ATA as an equip requirement. The special is just kinda 'meh', without wasting slots on units to boost status effect rates, slots that are better used on other units. IT's still a fairly strong gun, though, giving you a ranged weapon which doesn't chip away at your TP.

-- For solo farming a simple Handgun or Mechgun with the Geist special is a worthwhile find/buy. You can afford, when playing alone, to spend 2-3 minutes refilling your TP without use of a fluid. I prefer the Handgun class weapons, as the per-hit TP steal of them isn't reduced like the Mechguns, and since accuracy can be a problem with Forces I'd rather make my hits count. Plus, the combo doesn't have as long an animation. It's not super efficient for people who are all hurry-hurry-hurry, but if you don't want to keep getting TP refills the cheapest way (Ryuker back to the ship and hit the Hospital) but also don't want to drop 30k meseta at a time on Trifluids, it's not a bad way to go.

Umm... That's all I can think of at the moment. I've been out of the game for months, saving for this new computer, so I'm a bit rusty. :P

Edited by Talisien

For TP steal (though I never use it) and general damage, female-only though: Vivienne

For Demons goodness: Slicer of Fanatic

There's more but I'm lazy.