Why do they keep changing the music to this trashy hip-hop?

You're not forced to have the volume on. You can go into the options and uncheck the box next to Music. This turns the music off and lets you insert your own music at will.

Otherwise, I wouldn't complain over something pretty petty.

• Like 6

Because PSO Has fantastic music, But they are ruining it with garbage. The GM's think its funny, When its seriously NOT. I Hope they stop that, and put EVERYTHING Back to normal.

Edited by Jonah Miller
  • Like 2

better just ask if they can switch less times or something, but ultima for long time they make some music changes, that rage will not turn off forever this. if you look better, there is a poll to change musics, just go there and make your choices or not

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 6

I Would, But PSO Already has FANTASTIC Music, And they keep changing it. It isn't funny, I Know im able to make my own, Im not forced to have volume on, But i don't know why you insist on defending the decision of changing music for EVERYONE To some garbage, and think its funny.

i never say it is funny, i just take what server is giving, and i use my own music. one more time, you can always turn off music and make you own, why you take such rage and start a -rep for all that dont support your shame rage.

edit: and is better to just ask to any gm about this changing if they can stop it or not, an almost kind offensive topic like you are making will not help you in any case

Edited by Ricardo Gomes
  • Like 7

Music gets changed around a lot, to varying different genres, but they only change the lobby music and a few of the discs that no one would ever play anyway, they don't change the other music of the game. However, calling it trash is a bit of a stretch, Jump is a multiplatinum song; it's sold 2,079,000 physical copies to be the third best-selling song in the US in 1992, it was a massively huge hit. Even if it's not an excellent song it's definitely not trash. If you really want to, you can actually change the music temporarily by replacing that file (the one in question is OPEN.ogg) in the data/ogg folder in your psobb folder while you are not in lobby/room with it currently playing, preferably with another ogg that has been used on the server before unless you want to do the track looping yourself (if you don't loop it you have to change blocks to restart the song once it's done). It lasts until you log out (on relog you download the it again), or log in a second client while first doesn't have it currently playing. I did that myself when I got tired of the macho song being way overplayed.

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 7

This is their server anyways. It's not like the public manages the server files and has every right to change the music. Larva does that on his own, and we're lucky enough to even get polls that ask us what we'd like to see.

Honestly it's such a minor thing that I really don't see why you'd get so angry over it.

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the lobby music, either, but if you think the track of a single area somehow insults the game as a whole, then by all means, leave.

• Like 3

I have to stop asking "Is the music these days really that lacking in talent and originally?"

Because apparently most of the entire music industry, particularly the pop music in general, is taking it as an actual challenge.

*sigh*

When some of the most popular internet stations you see out there is music from the 70s/80s/90s, you know there is a problem in the music industry as a whole.

Edited by Trigunman

The only time goofy music is turned on is happy hour (when no one should be sitting in the lobby), to let people know a gm is online (where people can ask for help) or when someone uses a disk (which no one misses since no one buys disks. You'd be surprised all the requests we get. The only thing I can see being annoyed with is the patch updates. Most of the time when I sign on, people ask for stacks of disks because it's fun to have them in their rooms.

• Like 1