Type M Weapons

blueman189

Hey all!

I was playing with the infamous and insanely awesome Trigunman last night and he had an 'M-type Shot',

I found there also existed versions of this for mechguns, rifles... but no others since the naming is kinda wonky.

How do you get M-Type weapons (I could't find a guide)?

Type M versus S-rank weapons?

What other Type M weapons are there (Saber, sword, wand, ect.)?

If effects can be added to Type M weapons, how and what effects can be added?

In all my years of PSO, I've never heard of these til just now, so I'm eager to learn about them!

Thanks!

you can only get the type m in beach café ep4 but 1st you need to do ep 4 max attack in the VR here link on that quest

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2401

with this you can get type sh shot, type ri rifle and other but for other type m namely type me mechgun, type gu mechgun, maybe type gu handgun idk is giving in beach laughter but you need to have all hearts (ids&classes) you can get all the ids hearts but can not get the classes heart cause the quest to get them is not there its max attack ver 1 ep 1 and should be in the VR with TTF but its not sadly :"L

if you want to do a few runs for type sh shot, and type ri rifle let me know I kind of want new type ri rifle and shot since I sold my old blanks ones and 0 hit hell ri rifle

Edited by Wayne Jones
  • Like 2

All types

TypeDS/D.SABER

TypeDS/ROD
TypeDS/WAND
TypeGU/HANDGUN
TypeGU/MECHGUN
TypeHA/HALBERT
TypeHA/ROD
TypeJS/J-SWORD
TypeJS/SABER
TypeKN/BLADE
TypeKN/CLAW
TypeME/MECHGUN
TypeN-SL/CLAW
TypeN-SL/SLICER
TypeRI/RIFLE
TypeRO/HALBERT
TypeRO/ROD
TypeRO/SWORD
TypeSA/SABER
TypeSH/SHOT
TypeSS/SWORDS
TypeSW/J-SWORD
TypeSW/SWORD

TypeWA/WAND

You can compare some of the weapons here s-ranks and types there http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.phppretty much being able to add hit and percentages + special to them makes some of them a desirable item.

This link may help you http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/739-obtaining-typem-weapons/

As far as adding specials to them; it may be an event only thing, or possible you could use 10 DTs to add a special to one. (You'd have to ask a GM).

As Wayne mentioned, a lot of "type" weapons aren't obtainable right now. They used to be available via donation, but they have been removed :(

The main upside of type m weapons is that they can have percentages and hit while s rank weapons can't. (adding percentages with DTs.)

Any regular specials could be added to them (not jellen, zalure etc)

Edited by tru

the best guide with full step by step instructions that i know if is this one, it's the one i used to learn how to do it http://schtserv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2053

Basically if you can get enough kills in ep 4 max attack 3 ver 2 (under vr), then you get tickets to use in beak's cafe (clearing all of crater paths area, then just doing regular one person interior/sub desert gets enough kills). The First time (ONLY the first time) that a char plays the roulette in beaks cafe, they automatically win and can choose 1 of 4 type weapons based on class and gender. However it is very easy to remake a lvl 1 char and run them through the quest on normal, so long as you don't get them killed. Whenever the server is up i can run you through the quest if you want. This is only for some of the type weapons though, the beach laughter one is way too much work to test out (the ep 1 max attack is there wayne, it's just not under vr and it may have a different name, might be aol cup or yahoo somethin).

S-ranks cannot have any %s and can have the unique specials of jellen / zalure and hp/tp regen.

Type M weapons have lower requirements and grinds, and can have regular specials added and can have %s added to them. They also often have different pairings of models and animations. You may find things like type sw/slicer (sword attacks, slicer model), type ds/rod (doublesaber attacks, rod model), type sl/claw (slicer attacks as melee, claw model), and so on. All the slicers are melee weapons and do not throw projectiles.

• Like 1

Holy crap I have fans? :onion-head65: Hahaha, good run there last night man, good times.

Hope you nail that quest to get you one for all your characters, hell...

If you see me out and about next week, give me a holla and I'll run it with ya!

I'll be on vacation next week and I'm planning on taking my PC with me to my sister's house! :onion-head11:

I think Triblader has yet to do it as well! Would be nice to get a M-Type for him too... :onion108:

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hey all, good info on this thread. I've been trying to complete this one using the maps/walk through that Wayne had linked to, but I can't get the path to the subterranean desert 3 transport to open. It's locked behind a purple gate that I can't seem to open. I am trying to get to 3 because I don't think I can finish it in time if I go to SD2. Can someone explain what I'm missing here? Thanks!

58 minutes ago, cverrill said:

Hey all, good info on this thread. I've been trying to complete this one using the maps/walk through that Wayne had linked to, but I can't get the path to the subterranean desert 3 transport to open. It's locked behind a purple gate that I can't seem to open. I am trying to get to 3 because I don't think I can finish it in time if I go to SD2. Can someone explain what I'm missing here? Thanks!

You can do the quest on normal, you dont have to do it on ultimate. Sub 2 is actually pretty fast tbh. If a laser gate is closed, it means there are some enemies you havent killed yet. If you need help running through the quest, I can run you through it well. If you don't do the routing properly you will not end up with enough kills for 20tickets in a single run.

• Like 1

Hey Fyre,

Janeba showed me a way through earlier thank you for the offer though. I thought we needed to get through all the subterranean desert levels to clear the quest but we finished in SD2 with just over 300 kills. I didn't see the type sh/shot as an option in beaks though, is that a male ranger only thing or did I just have bad luck?

4 hours ago, cverrill said:

Hey Fyre,

Janeba showed me a way through earlier thank you for the offer though. I thought we needed to get through all the subterranean desert levels to clear the quest but we finished in SD2 with just over 300 kills. I didn't see the type sh/shot as an option in beaks though, is that a male ranger only thing or did I just have bad luck?

Male Ranger only

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cverrill said:

Hey Fyre,

Yes it's male ranger only. I thought you only get tickets if you get above 350 points though. Need 450kills for 20tickets, which is how much it costs to get the type. My route gets 505 kills, which is barely enough for 30tickets. You can't get more than 450 kills if you don't clear both sides of crater west (first area), so I do a special route to get both halves of that area. And yea, you choose which of the three sub desert areas you want to do, sub 2 has the most enemies.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips all! The 300 kill route earned me 10 tickets so I was able to get it in 2 runs. I just made a racast last night to get the shot though, so now it's only a matter of time :) Thanks again!