Just Curious about some things...

I've been here for about a week now, may be 2? I've been noticing a LOT of needed roll backs to player's data, to the server itself. Been seeing exp break where it won't count down anymore in single and multi player. Seen it desync so much that people can still see items on the ground that have already been picked up. They can't pick them up themselves, but still that shouldn't happen. Desync is common in PSO, it was never optimized, but I've never seen this many errors before in such short time. I played on SchtHack's server for a long time and I've never experienced these issues before. Then again, Scht hardly if ever did roll backs to player accounts, although, even that was very uncommonly needed as people's accounts weren't messed up as often as I am seeing them happen here.

Now, I like this server. The upped exp is nice to get us back to where we need to be. Not a fan, however, of the increased level requirement to enter higher difficulties or the buffed monsters in Ultimate, but whatever I can deal with it, but what is up with all the issues? Are all the problems software kinks that you guys have yet to work out being that the games software is pretty much hacked, or is it server sided issues? By that I mean whoever is hosting this server is.. not high in quality? I can look passed many of these issues because I have 3 friends that play the game and we usually room together, so we never have to worry about broken grounded items as we know who is getting what, and we've noticed how to look passed the exp break as it's just part of the desyncing. Players are kiling things that have already been killed on other player's side, so they are effectively killing nothing. Once you progress to the next room it's fine. Single player I'm not too sure how to fix that, but like I said; we play together instead of with randoms so it's fine. I am just curious what is going on?

Make sure you change blocks often to avoid any issues, your internet speed/quality has an effect on the game too.

As for the rollbacks, that you gotta blame hackers for trying to ruin the game's economy and for the silly heads that will surely buy a df from somebody selling 30 dfs for cheap!!!! (sarcasm here)

your internet speed/quality has an effect on the game too.

True, but like I said, I can jump back on the other server and literally have no issues as far as laggy items on the ground goes or exp breaking.

And only Block 1 shows up for me and my pals. Unless you mean lobbies, which I don't see how that would effect anything as we're still on the same block and ship, but I'm not too sure how this server runs its ship.

And only Block 1 shows up for me and my pals. Unless you mean lobbies, which I don't see how that would effect anything as we're still on the same block and ship, but I'm not too sure how this server runs its ship.

When someone mentions changing blocks, they do mean block 1. When you do that then it refreshes and can be helpful in ways of remedying some problems.

You should know that this game is very old and it happen a lot of people but when I see an I tem can't pick up the.n just move on. Lol

But the game is running smooth to me and no issues but it happens sometime depend on your internet speed. Always change block.

I love this server and I'm enjoying the gane a lot.

Ignore those issues and continue playingj

• Like 2

You should know that this game is very old and it happen a lot of people but when I see an I tem can't pick up the.n just move on. Lol

I've been playing since Dreamcast. Trust me I know how old it is lol. Like I said, I'm not really complaining, I'm just wondering the quality of the host that this server is using. There's a few other servers I've played on before, 2 of them suuuucked, so I won't name them. The other, SchtHack was pretty good and didn't have the issues I've been having. The issues aren't game breaking, I was just curious about the quality. I wouldn't stop playing at this point. I already have 3 characters in Ultimate, so there's no real point in me stopping at this point unless I get too annoyed by the buffed monsters in Ult. Which brings me to my next question, though it's a bit off-topic I suppose.

How buffed are they really? How is the EVP on them compared to their default. Cause I seem to be missing a LOT.

When the server comes back up I could compare it with another that has un-altered enemy stats. I know that if you don't have like over 250 ATA or so you'll have a rough time hitting anything without a weak attack, especially on EP 2 unless you are teching. The gibbons... ugh.

When the server comes back up I could compare it with another that has un-altered enemy stats. I know that if you don't have like over 250 ATA or so you'll have a rough time hitting anything without a weak attack, especially on EP 2 unless you are teching. The gibbons... ugh.

Dont really understand the point of altering enemy or weapon stats anyways. I mean, what does buffing Dark Meteor do other than negate the usefulness of every other weapon in a rangers arsenal? Or giving people Cent/Battle so they can be 80% faster than anyone who can legitimately farm for years in this game? The game is fine enough at it is, all it needed was an increase to drop rates to compensate for the fact that its not an official server. lol

Just my $.02

Edited by Cascade

Dont really understand the point of altering enemy or weapon stats anyways. I mean, what does buffing Dark Meteor do other than negate the usefulness of every other weapon in a rangers arsenal? Or giving people Cent/Battle so they can be 80% faster than anyone who can legitimately farm for years in this game? The game is fine enough at it is, all it needed was an increase to drop rates to compensate for the fact that its not an official server. lol

Just my $.02

2 cents is always better than none. I understand your view on that. DM is quite the damaging tool, as is the sword. I don't own a Dark weapon and don't feel like I need one but they have their uses if one doesn't spam them the whole run. Unfortunately there are people who do just that and complain when healed if they want to use Dark Flow's wave special all of the time, and that can drive players apart more than unify them.

Edited by Grimoire Greys

I mean if you have good hit % weapon mag, material usage then you should do ok on Ult buffed enemy but once you get use to it then it's like walk in a park but with good gears. I seen many new player struggling so I try my best helping them lv. Nothing wrong to ask people in lobby. c/battle only obtain in summer event and many good ultima exclusive item are only events some can be obtain in the normal droptable but their is some item have broken drop rate. -cough- sealed j sword

Dark weapon will always be most ATP in the game except bridge but I don't main as a ranger but I'm main HU so I like my DF and Other weapon I use but I main sword type. I don't use my Dark Flow special a lot just only for boss

My apologise, I type this on my phone.

Edited by killroy909

The other servers I've played on had Hard Mode Heavenly/Arms drops from boxes.. is that still present on this server? I know the enemy drop tables, but is there a table for box drops lol?

I think the fact that cent/battle exists is kind of dumb since v101 is already incredibly strong but thats just me. As someone who used to do speedruns and knew most of the in depth mechanics of this game, its weird to have so much overpowered stuff lurking around that players have no access too.

I also dislike buffed monsters I think it should be more like the more people that join the harder it gets, so solo is like regular and as more people join the monsters get buffed.

I like to join people and co-op but I like to have the choice of having fun solo, but even at Lv162 with decent gear it's hard to find it fun solo and with the loot ninjas co-op is the same not much fun and makes me not want to play...

Edited by Possessedbean
  • Like 1

I'm fine with buffed monsters. Otherwise the game would be too easy since you level up so fast you'll be overpowering the strongest enemies in no time. I think buffed monsters give the game more replay value overall. The evp of the enemies can be a bit ridiculous sometimes. I never struggled too bad on ultimate. I do wish we had access to the new stats of enemies for the sake of damage calculations and seeing your chance of hitting enemies. The game runs smoothly for me too.

Edited by tru