Friend having issues. Game failing to start after Launcher.

So I have a friend who installed the game. As did I. We did it the same way. Install the game. Install the patch. Install the launcher. We both started the game. Updated. Re-opened the game, set our options. When I hit start game from the launcher, it goes straight into the game. When he starts the game, it brings up the launcher, when he hits start game, the UAC will come up(Windows7) and he'll hit Yes to allow it. Then window will close and the game will not start. Same thing happens if ran in admin. Same thing happens if UAC is off.

We figured to try an uninstall and reinstall. There are three instances of Ultima PSOBB on his computer. 3 different versions. Ultima PSOBB, Ultima PSOBB 3.0, and Ultima PSOBB 3.3. NONE of them will uninstall. When clicking uninstall, it will load for a bit then do nothing.

Any ideas? I've ran out. I've dealt with a lot of errors with people from Shithack's server and have corrected most of them. I've personally never had an issue with any BB installer from any server. So I have no clue what to do.

Did he try to patch, if his game opens a black screen and shuts down the game you can try to change the resolution to the minimal sets, sometimes it's the reason it doesn't open.

If you downloaded from the website you can try to download from here http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/2612-ultima-client-download/but should be updated on both places.

Removing a folder only removes the content. The installation is still registered. Tried that, though. Usually if you remove a folder and all the contents, then go to the uninstall, it'll simply tell you that the content is missing and that it may have already been uninstalled. Then you can remove the program from the list. That's not the case here. It simply will not go away so we can do a fresh install.

And yes, Cyane, the game is patched. It doesn't open a black window then shut down. The launcher window closes and nothing happens. Game is up-to-date and patched like mine.

Edited by Nazo

Well.. have you tried the other launcher, I don't think that's the issue... and it has always been like that (since I got here anyways)... the game doesn't interact with any other folder besides the one it is in, and the registry entries are just for game config that you can change in the launcher options so might be something with his pc?

Okay so, we got rid of the old versions and redownloaded everything.

Installed Ultima exe.

Installed Patch.

Put the launcher in the game folder. (We used online.exe, the old and new launchers.)

Opened Launcher, game launches just fine. He registers his username and pass.

Logs in for the initial patch.

Patch downloads successfully and applies.

Game closes.

Open Launcher. Hit start.

Nothing happens.

Edited by Nazo

Firstly, make sure the UAC is ALL the way off. Any popups can kill it immediately. Secondly, try disabling your antivirus altogether and see if that works better. Also, make sure you're giving it the proper environment (RAM, CPU, etc.)

Well. Thanks for all the replies, guys. We got it working. Unsure why he had to do it differently, but all we did was install the game, use online.exe to login, let it patch and it plays. If we installed the .rar patch files it wouldn't work.. Odd but hey, it works. :)