Ultima's New Launcher

Soly

There is already a command for that, although it only works in the test server atm.

And I didn't exactly make it but I have contributed to it, Tofuman figured out the way to make the good widescreen not stretching like the old one.

• Like 1

That command has nothing to do with the server, except the fact that you have to initiate it from it, but it works 100% on the client.
I could add a setting in the launcher to change the fov but it would require client restart to make it work.. I am not going to do that anyway.

I have a fairly decent ship which is that test server right now, but due to some issues with the environment it runs on, I had to rewrite it in another language which I am sort of halfway done (in matter of 1 week)... so I don't expect to have a new test in a at least 2 weeks maybe a month if I get enough time to work on it this next year since I'll have to search for a job and stuff...

• Like 1

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Soly said:

I could add a setting in the launcher to change the fov but it would require client restart to make it work.. I am not going to do that anyway.

What do you mean by "require client restart"?Ā 

12 minutes ago, Soly said:

I don't expect to have a new test in a at least 2 weeks maybe a month if I get enough time to work on it this next year since I'll have to search for a job and stuff...

I know what it's like. I'm always amazed by the work you put into this PSO project, and the time you're taking now to answer my questions.

I hope we'll someday have that FOV option! Kinda makes me want to dive into that side of PSO too.

The command that is on the test server sends data to the client (my dll) to instruct it to modify the fov values, if I do it through the launcher, it can be set up only at start up, so doing it that way would require to restart.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

hello, is it normal that i have to constantly redownload the launcher or part of PSOBB to play the game?
because each week or so, it's impossible to launch the game because it has been "moved or deleted".
i turned my antivirus bullshit off so i can't delete the laucher even if i make an exception for it

every time a new launcher is available a warning "virus detected" message appear and stop the download, all I do is allow the "virus file" to be on the computer and run the launcher again, this time the old launcher is updated automatically.

LOL the first time I got this problem I thought the file really had a virus, I tried to clean it with different antivirus and couldn't so I erase all the game and redownload it, I got tired of this problem and tried other servers, other servers has no players or w/e I didnt like it and come back to ultima again with the same problem... so I said "fuck it" and let my pc to get the virus... since then I didnt care if my pc had virus or not, I just keep playing. Since then I just ignore the virus message and allow it on my pcĀ šŸ˜œ