Vague topic...but let's see where it goes!

I want to hear some good stories and times people have had on the server and continue to. Yeah some might find this dumb but I thought of something that made me laugh so damn hard I want to see if anyone has had the same counters.

The DUMBEST/funniest thing, after the fact I have encountered since being on this server is what happened last years Easter Event. I'm pretty sure that was it. I was hunting v502 and all the sudden a dorphon eclair dropped a Red Ring, on very hard. Needless to say, I was lacking some common sense that day and some team members found out and anyone who was around for it knows how many banners we saw that day.

I can laugh about it now. At the time, I felt awful for the GMs. I remember I gave mine to someone trying to be nice and the person had to give it back. Needless to say I felt like a dick.

Anyone else have some good stories lets hear em. Share your experiences since being a member of Ultima community. I just thought back to last Easter and the Red Ring problems and wanted to share. hope someone else finds it as humorous as I do now. I apologize to the GMs tho for not keeping my mouth shut. That was a cluster f*ck

I have taken numerous "vacations" from the server so I know I had to miss some good times!

Edited by jonesy88
  • Like 3

I've had a lot of good times on this server. People are really nice, and I've enjoyed hunting with the friends I've made. A couple times that really stood out was when I had just started out and I was playing with my roommate. We had level 200 FOmars (Triforcer and Break) join our games at different time, when we were just hunting random mid level items and leveling up. They joined our hunt and gave us some very awesome free stuff that we still have today as well as giving us helpful advice. It was crazy seeing how powerful a level 200 character is. It was especially cool since they were both FOmar, which is a class that didn't get as much attention on the Gamecube nor does it get as much attention on this server. It's stuff like that which lets me know I'm probably never quitting this game.

The more I think about it, the more instances I remember of people doing nice things. I'll never forget people's kindness on this server. It's very impressive :onion-head11:

Edited by tru
  • Like 2

Knowing Serverus obsession for for panties xD

Leveling with everybody. The struggle and actually dying when helping noobies due to falz attack. Waving weapons as phanther claw and zanbeacon while helping others leveling.

The huge long hunts done with Soly and doing jokes in between to keep the spirits up.

Gathering a nice amount of waifus. LOVEEEEE

Growing up as a player with Kolective and being called noob a lot <3 I turned the table! >;3

Intense PSO discussions/hunts with saith, learning more about the game and how it works.

Seeing the kindness of many users, some gifts I received actually made me cry shed salt from my eyes ;3

Actually meeting Godric xD he's a nice noob!

Being taught about fomar by Trigunman *-*.. i'm still polishing my gear! I'll show off once i can!!

Of course the humorous things Kajex does here and there specially once i was mag feeding and he filled my room with eggs and i didn't even knew what they were(being noobish at the time).

(List is too big)

Edited by cyane
  • Like 3

There is a lot of generosity and good hearted people on the server. I know when I first started people would help me out like you said tru. I put this game down and always pick it back up. I remember when I got Blue Burst in the mail, had ordered it off PlayAsia when it first game out, and I was on the Japanese server. I was like 14 and was so lost it wasn't even funny. I still have the box tho, nostalgia. 27 now haha.

Colorado, what were your PSU character names? I miss that game man.

There truly is something special about the community here. Very fun and enjoyable. On the xbox I had to quit PSO Ep 1 and 2, for anyone who played it there was so much hacking and duping it was unreal. mags and weapons with crazy levels and percents. I said hell with it. Luckily tho, I found the hidden gem also known as Ultima lol.

Edited by jonesy88
  • Like 1

As I'm still a little new here, I don't have a lot of funny things to tell, but I remember my first run with cyane and pawliana in a POD run. Paw needed a limiter and dropped it within her first run. Then in the same evening, I solo dropped 2 heaven striker,and, as I seemed to have a lot of luck, cyane tried to touch my tralala to get some!!

when I created an open room just after that, 3 people came to have Lucky charm wedge's luck, it made me laugh :-)

As I'm still a little new here, I don't have a lot of funny things to tell, but I remember my first run with cyane and pawliana in a POD run. Paw needed a limiter and dropped it within her first run. Then in the same evening, I solo dropped 2 heaven striker,and, as I seemed to have a lot of luck, cyane tried to touch my tralala to get some!!

when I created an open room just after that, 3 people came to have Lucky charm wedge's luck, it made me laugh :-)

Remember to touch your tralala for some more luck xD

You were really lucky that day

I've had so many memorable moments on this server.the best one for me was definitely the night Chistmas event started (2014).

It was Yolkix ( old teammate) and I . i wanted to try out my luck with pgf hunting so we did RT and It actually dropped first , literally 20 minutes after the event started xD shit blew my mind lol. It's the best moment for because I had came back from a year long break during the TriForce event and when I left I had given all my gear to an old freiend "NoSkillz" so I had literally nothing in September when I returned . I worked my way up for that specific moment and it felt great to achiev my one and only goal at the time and to be the first .

Hard work payed off :)

You can do it noobs !

Shoutout to my Old buddy Unloosed/Paul , we teamed up during our crippled 3 months and couldn't have done it without him :) <3

Edited by Stark 1
  • Like 1

When I first started out and I had to consult the forums on how to make a room... and talk in-game.

Soloing my way to ultimate mode, with nothing to my name but store-bought equipment, a naturally-evolved mag, and my own stubbornness determination. Killing Olga on my own after all that struggle was totally worth it. Then ultimate mode kicked my ass and I had no choice but to embrace the O part of PSO. Luckily, Ultima's community has a reputation for being really really nice, as many newcomers will comment on. I got low-end rares and a Frozen Shooter just for flailing around like a derp. :D

Meeting Stark and later Spot, and getting advice from players like Saith. That's around the time I started delving into the meta game. I started looking into max stat plans, paying attention to mechanics I otherwise brushed aside, and tagging along on harder quests and rare hunts. Now Spot is grooming me and a few other scrubs into becoming super hunters. I've gotten so much good stuff. I love you all. <3

Being a team of lv 150-somethings, and getting OKHO'd by Olga... on V. Hard. It might've been a critical hit, but it's still something we vowed not to talk about until now.

Killing Sil Dragon and seeing a red box, thinking it was a Holy Ray or something, only to see it was actually an untekked Frozen Shooter that Stark placed under the corpse.

And more recently: doing Weather Effects and accidentally tripping the laser traps. I didn't think it was a big deal until the traps started belching Megids at us. Thus, anyone who trips the (Megid) traps is considered to have "Pulled a Rani," or to have "Rani'd." It's not everyday you get a verb named after your derps.

• Like 3