Game crashes after trying to start

I click on the *online.exe* and run as administrator. The launcher comes up and I click start game. A black window appears like the game is about to start then immediately disappears. I tried all the resolutions and also re installing the game. I updated directx and my graphics card and nothing. I did get an error in the log folder from the PSO main folder. The error said -

Error : Can't find DisplayMode

Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8]
Error : Can't find DisplayMode
Error : Can't use format [D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8]
Any ideas what I should do would help.
Also the same thing happened with the Schthack pso exe.

I'm pretty sure this is directly related to how your PC handles memory which may be hard to troubleshoot. It seems that it may be a problem with Windows not PSOBB it self.

But before I accuse windows of it, Have you tried running it in Normal screen format instead of Widescreen? Also may I have your PC specs?

Well if someone else runs in this problem, I figured it out. It was my direct3D Acceleration from my directx. It was turned off. I read up on PSOBB original site and they said it needs to be turned on for the game to run. So I had to download a directx 9.0 control panel to turn it on. It works great now. Now time to game!

• Like 1
  • 7 years later...