Hunting Tips?

So I'm semi-new (been playing on Ultima for about a month now) and upon hitting level 125 on my Hucaseal today I think it's time that I hunt some stuff. The first thing is Lame D'Argent for Excalibur*. Any Hunting Tips?

Disclaimer*:The first on the list is actually Daylight Scar as it is my favorite weapon but that'll come with the excal hunt

Excalibur is good to hunt for. Well generally the best quest for fighting Dorphons is MA4DMD, but a level 125 HUcaseal will have some trouble surviving in that quest. Make sure you have some decent guns. Charged Raygun, Charged Vulcan, Hell Raygun and Last Swan are good options. Make sure they have hit if possible. Using the unit SMARKLINK can also come in handy. Confuse traps will come in handy. Weapons will Demon or Arrest specials will help kill Dorphons quickly.

Since you're skyly, you could also hunt for red sword/chain sawd by playing ultimate caves. I bet either of those swords would help you.

The cool thing about hunting lame, is that you can get daylight scar, cent/ability, BLUE ODOSHI VIOLET NIMAIDOU and Vivienne at the same time all of which could be helpful for a HUcaseal.

Edited by tru
  • Like 2

Arrest raygun is a must, get an arrest slicer to for that sns glitch, good for CC, charge vulcan and charge raygun are good options too but mostly only if you have good atp, if not you are gonna be dealing low damage and wasting meseta, better get a dual bird and a last swan for your hucl if you are atp is low, unfortunately casts have a demon penalty on ultimate so it is gonna be kinda tough to get a decent demon weapon, so if you get daylight scar you can still handle the dorphon quite easily, daylight scar has an amazing dps, ignore vivienne after you get daylight scar, Vivienne is 680 atp (max grind, +50) and 49 ata, daylight scar 500-550 atp(+25) 48 ata, pretty much same stats but dls has zerk special attack which iirc is *2.86 damage, higher dps also easy to get with hit, restless lion is a good option for certain weapons, like arrest raygun and hell raygun, i got both mine 50 hit from there you can also get lucky and get a 50 hit charge vulcan as for units use v101, v502/v501 (both boost arrest x2, v501 boosts hell by 1.5 and v502 by 2 iirc) smartlink and an arms unit like centurion or heavenly arms that way you shouldn't have problems hitting enemies, no point in having max atp if you can't hit enemies,

Get a Red sword or chain sawd, they have low base ata but you are a hucaseal you aren't gonna have much problem hitting enemies with those weapons even without hit, as hucaseal has the highest ata of all the hunter class (228) and also has traps, get your mag to lvl 200 asap too, i actually did an rt earlier today with you and i saw you still have a varaha, although i may be wrong and you already have it lvl 200.