Server "offline", error 903. What do I do?

Hey everyone.

Since 3 days I've had this problem. It's been a long time since I played PSO and I felt like playing again but I can't.

Everytime I press "start game" my screen goes black for ~15 seconds. Then I get error No.903:

"Patch server connection failed.

The server may be under maintenance.

Please check the current news updates on the Official Site."

....Even though the webpage showed the servers as online and even listed the number of currently active players.

I tried fixing it by doing, what was suggested in other threads.

1: System --> advanced system settings --> settings --> I don't know what it's called in english since my computer is in german.. it's something like data execution prevention? i added every .exe file in the PSO folder to these exceptions, restarted. no change.

2: Restarted my computer of course. No change.

3. Firewall exception / disabled my Firewall: Nope, didn't work.

4. Reset my router. Didn't work.

5. Disconnected from my wifi, connected to a different one: Didn't work. Reconnected to my old one: Didn't work.

6. Reinstalled PSO: Also didn't work.

So.. What do I do? Or are the servers really offline.. ? Because the page says otherwise. And I'm running out of ideas.

Edit: Also, I'm running it as administrator. I changed my resolution, crack mode is disabled, and I tried running every .exe file there is. Had no luck yet.

Edit2: Pictures added:

1: When I open online.exe: http://puu.sh/gVGmM/2f060e7f52.jpg it tells me the servers are apparently offline.

2: http://puu.sh/gVGtk/1ccb9955e9.jpgUsual menu, should be able to start the game, right...?

3: Nope. Blackscreen comes up, and stays at least 15 seconds, if not, a bit longer. http://puu.sh/gVGwA/dcc715237b.jpg

4: After the blackscreen, I am greeted with this screen: http://puu.sh/gVGvj/239eec12fd.jpg

No matter which .exe I use (PsOBB, online, PsOBw), I always get the screens from 2 to 4...

I hope it's okay that I just used URL's instead of uploading pictures. If not, I will change it, no problem. :)

Edited by BamFTWx257

Are you using a VPN or other proxy service? Due to recent efforts by hackers, ultima has a few VPN providers blacklisted (I use Private Internet Access, and I must disconnect before I can get online). I too have 903 errors when attempting to log in through my vpn.

Just had the exact same problem as you bud was getting ballfucked by the 903 error only thing that sorted it was by turning off my router for at least 20mins then back on

As soon as I launched pso it showed the green server icon and people online

I was trying every single angle like you but after doing that it just worked

Give it a try hopefully you get back on I was going cold turkey after a day !!!!

Broadband routers have a parameter known as MTU. This sometimes needs to be set to a minimum required value. The PSO BB setting has an MTU value of 1420. Please check your router's instruction manual for information on how to change your settings.

• Like 1

Am back at the same stage as I was before :/

Its defo not the antivirus because when I use my iPhone as a personal hotspot I can get on no problem , no idea what it could be I've made no changes and I tried changing the MTU chuk was talking about still says no one is online

am guessing its something to do with the router but :onion-head36:

Update soly had a eureka moment !!! My IP address is randomly changing and is getting blocked by the firewall from ultima so I need to keep resetting until I get the ok :/

Edited by blitsen
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Killop said:

I had the same problem. The author of a topic wrote that proxies and VPN is not used. But I now use a proxy, the cause may be?

Make sure your antivirus and firewall don't block the connection, proxies and vpn's are blocked most time