Official Max Stats Guide

Yannv

2 minutes ago, Salem11 said:

Not even the Adept + Cent / ability? Look really max everything stats I think this is positive

Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it's good. You sacrifice a whole lot to do that and it isn't worth it. Being able to wear both Cure/Paralysis and Cure/Freeze (nice in caves and sub desert) at the same time, or Cure/Confuse and Cure/Freeze (nice in sim 2.0), or wear 2-3 divine protections / centurion/resist to max edk with kroe's sweater + ylvis costume for tower, or some pb/increase to keep up with stronger classes (ramarl is lowest atp non-force, even fomar is only 43atp lower), or having trap search and v801 on so you can quickly clear traps with a tech, or other things. There is always something better you can have on. Having lots of free unit space gives a huge amount of versatility, whereas extra dfp/evp does nothing practical for you.

22 minutes ago, Ruffalufacus said:

I'd like to know the best HUCast plan. Is it the 182/18 mag setup? Also what materials and units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea the plan mentioned before is pretty good. It's the 185/15 mag with cent/arms, and 35luck 112pow 3extra materials.

6 minutes ago, Fyrewolf5 said:

Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean it's good. You sacrifice a whole lot to do that and it isn't worth it. Being able to wear both Cure/Paralysis and Cure/Freeze (nice in caves and sub desert) at the same time, or Cure/Confuse and Cure/Freeze (nice in sim 2.0), or wear 2-3 divine protections / centurion/resist to max edk with kroe's sweater + ylvis costume for tower, or some pb/increase to keep up with stronger classes (ramarl is lowest atp non-force, even fomar is only 43atp lower), or having trap search and v801 on so you can quickly clear traps with a tech, or other things. There is always something better you can have on. Having lots of free unit space gives a huge amount of versatility, whereas extra dfp/evp does nothing practical for you.

Yea the plan mentioned before is pretty good. It's the 185/15 mag with cent/arms, and 35luck 112pow 3extra materials.

So it looks great for Ramarl or Ramarcent / ability + Adept + Cent Battle and V502 or Cure/Paraly-Shock-Freeze ... 4 slot on ! 

Looks great and with STA or Dress plate with RR no matter what costume really OP :) 

2 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

@Soly

I noticed your Max Stats Calculator is innacurate on RAmar:

Your calculator says RAmar is missing -0.6 ATA to have max stats, while in fact he have max ATA with 18 DEX Mag and ADEPT: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/&c=3&l=200&m10=93&m11=0&m12=0&m13=0&m14=30&m15=0&m16=0&m20=3&m21=179&m22=18&m23=0&i0=-1&i1=39&i2=78&i3=-1&i4=-1&i5=-1

On the old calculator it is all fine: http://www.sandrenyl.com/pso/maxstatcalc.html?class=Ramar&level=200&atpmats=93&lckmats=30&dfpmag=3&atpmag=179&atamag=18&unit1=adept

It is not inaccurate (but is wrong regarding the maxed state), the old calc is technically wrong or inaccurate showing that you just have 0.3 extra. 
The max ATA for ramar is 259.9 as soon as you reach 259.0 it will show gold in game, just that.

I have adjusted the calculator so it now shows green if you meet the gold numbers, doing it by using math floor on current and max stats, rather than relying on the difference between them (still showing exactly how much missing or extra you have).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yanvbraz said:

Fixed.

Well, there's a reason I put Cent/Ability+Adept Plan on the bottom (Although I like it a lot, it is very decent for casual players and does a good job on many quests, maybe not on Sim 2.0).

Personally I have two RAmarls using that plan and it is pretty decent imo. Of course sometimes you will want to use other units like PB/Increase, Cure Units,... but they are not needed for those who are well geared. Cure Units are not really needed for those who own a STA.

You can buy Trap Visions if you can't use Trap Search, Freeze you can press all keys at same time to break ice, you don't get shock effects using STA, maybe you could get paralised, and there's Antiparalysis too. Megid you can dodge, but I think the EDK from RR,STA and ADEPT is decent enough. PB/Increase isn't much needed for those who owns a Dark Meteor. Centurion/Resist in fact is an ADEPT, Divine Protection is pretty much useless. V801, well you are a ranger, not a force.  You won't need to cast techs that often to justify V801 use.

So yeah I find Cent/Ability+ADEPT plan a very good plan, plus it is nice to see so many golden numbers :D

@Soly

I noticed your Max Stats Calculator is innacurate on RAmar:

WPoab8p.jpg

HM8eVuq.jpg

Your calculator says RAmar is missing -0.6 ATA to have max stats, while in fact he have max ATA with 18 DEX Mag and ADEPT: https://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/tool-box/calculators/max-stats/&c=3&l=200&m10=93&m11=0&m12=0&m13=0&m14=30&m15=0&m16=0&m20=3&m21=179&m22=18&m23=0&i0=-1&i1=39&i2=78&i3=-1&i4=-1&i5=-1

On the old calculator it is all fine: http://www.sandrenyl.com/pso/maxstatcalc.html?class=Ramar&level=200&atpmats=93&lckmats=30&dfpmag=3&atpmag=179&atamag=18&unit1=adept

Looks really strong I would add the next time new mats and good unit on :)

I'm finally posting my personal character plans here.

They are all based on 0 DEF mag, if you can't make one just compensate the missing points with extra materials

HUnewearl

2Adepts Plan
Mag: 0/157/43/0
Units: 2x Adept
Shield: Red Ring etc
Materials:
- 84 Power
- 25 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK
41 free materials
There is only one slot for Smartlink/V502/V801 so bad for ranged Hell but 2 Adepts are better than one for high resistance and TP reduction for Spirit.
Moreover, lots of free materials can be used in DEF. That could save you while using Dark Flow.

HUcast

2Adepts Plan
Mag: 0/195/5/0
Units: 2x Adept
Materials:
- 92 Power
- 25 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK
33 free materials
No room for V502 as HUcast has the worst ATA of all.
This plan is for people using only damage based attacks and traps.

Ramar

2Centurion/Ability Plan
Mag: 0/154/46/0
Units: 2x Centurion/Ability
Materials:
- 93 Power
- 98 Defense and 31 Mind (to max DEF) OR 39 Defense and 90 Mind (to max MST)
- 22 Evasion
- 5 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK,EVP and DEF or MST
(Consider the 31 Mind or 39 Defense as the "free materials")

Ramarl

Centurion/Ability Plan
Mag: 0/137/63/0
Units: Centurion/Ability
Materials:
- 99 Power
- 20 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK (can max DEP or EVP with respectively 111 or 51 extra)
131 free materials

Racast

2Centurion/Ability Plan
Mag: 0/142/58/0
Materials:
- 124 Power
- 5 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK
21 free materials
This plan favorises a higher DEF than others but you can't max EVP (will be 1 point from max at most) unless you use an extra unit.

Racaseal

2Centurion/Ability Plan
Mag: 0/146/54/0
Materials:
- 74 Power
- 49 Defense
- 22 Evasion
- 5 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK,EVP 
When you don't need to use Arrest/Hell (like during boss or against machines), all stats can be maxed by swapping the V502 for a Centurion/Body.

Fomar

Godric Plan
Mag: 0/0/29/171 (can balance POW/MIND with materials)
Units: Adept, V801
Armor : Godric's Cloak
Materials:
- 170 Power
- 32 Mind
- 15 Luck
Maxes ATP,ATA,LCK,MST
33 free materials
-21 MST from max
Godric is a unique armor for Fomars, it deserves to be used instead of any other, not only for the extra gain in all stats but also for Gifoie, Gibarta and Rabarta huge boosts.
By equiping another shield (like Virus Shield for extra Gi boost) MST is still maxed but LCK is 20 from max. You can use 10 extra luck materials to prevent that.

By the way there is a mistake here

On 21/03/2015 at 7:24 PM, yanvbraz said:

FOmarl

[...]

ADEPT+V801 Plan

[...]

You can switch between Power/Mind in materials/mag stats:
Mag (PPP): 0/48/31/121
Materials:
- 170 Power
- 30 Luck
- 48 Evasion

A mag like that requires 73 Pow + 97 Mind mats, not 170 Pow (which goes 195 ATP over max)

Also I personally would use 10 less mind materials as any Fomarl should use Hylian Shield / Costumes / Safety Heart (which do SD/JZ/AR boost thus replace most shields, and give 20 MST) all the time.

Edited by R-78
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

@yanvbraz just saw something to polish :P

This is the plan you wrote:

No Units Plan

Mag: 5/137/58/0
No Units required
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes
Materials:
- 140 Power
- 35 Luck
Maxes: ATP,ATA,LCK
75 free materials

one thing i see in this plan is: you wont be able to use Holy Ray which requires 680 mst. (which has incredible nice ata and is probably best arrest gun/rifle whatever)

with your plan youll max get 675 mst (except you are using v801 on ramar LOL)

its just a little change in mag and you can get such a mag easiely feeded from a PPP 0/0/0/0 Mag :) (you just need to feed 9x antidotes - then trade it via trade window - wait till its feedable -  feed it 1 antidote and 2 antipara - trade it back ) mag will have 0,99/2,00/8,00/0,00 after trade window and first antidote :P with the antipara you lower the def (think that isnt needed but feels safer)

then its just feeding antidotes till it turns into a mag where you can feed dimates without raising def (you can make it sato or any fourth (5th?) gen rare mags (except a few i think))

well now to the plan:

No Units required
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes (required for the 685 mst)
Materials:
- 135 Power
- 35 Luck
- 80 Mind
Maxes: ATP,ATA,LCK + reaches 685 MST (for the Holy Ray which requires 680 MST)

• 1 month later...
On 26/07/2017 at 3:42 PM, Night said:

@yanvbraz just saw something to polish :P

This is the plan you wrote:

No Units Plan

Mag: 5/137/58/0
No Units required
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes
Materials:
- 140 Power
- 35 Luck
Maxes: ATP,ATA,LCK
75 free materials

one thing i see in this plan is: you wont be able to use Holy Ray which requires 680 mst. (which has incredible nice ata and is probably best arrest gun/rifle whatever)

with your plan youll max get 675 mst (except you are using v801 on ramar LOL)

its just a little change in mag and you can get such a mag easiely feeded from a PPP 0/0/0/0 Mag :) (you just need to feed 9x antidotes - then trade it via trade window - wait till its feedable -  feed it 1 antidote and 2 antipara - trade it back ) mag will have 0,99/2,00/8,00/0,00 after trade window and first antidote :P with the antipara you lower the def (think that isnt needed but feels safer)

then its just feeding antidotes till it turns into a mag where you can feed dimates without raising def (you can make it sato or any fourth (5th?) gen rare mags (except a few i think))

well now to the plan:

No Units required
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes (required for the 685 mst)
Materials:
- 135 Power
- 35 Luck
- 80 Mind
Maxes: ATP,ATA,LCK + reaches 685 MST (for the Holy Ray which requires 680 MST)

This is a very nice plan. I think its time to do a mat reset xD.

Edited by rashan0121
said some bs

• 5 months later...

I know I made a topic about the max stats calculator and bugs associated with its calculations of certain items before, but looking at the calculator and how it works out now, a different question comes to mind. I think it pertains to this topic more... Do the stat bonuses granted from shields and armor contribute to the stat limit? Or do they allow you to bypass it? As of me typing this on a FOmarl calculation...

-Units behave as normal, raising and lowering the Current and Difference values as expected.
-Kroe's Sweater is showing 10 ATA in the Armor column, but no change to the Current or Difference.
-Red Ring shows its 20's across the board with stats in the Barrier column, but only adjusts the Current/Difference of MST and Luck. All costumes behave the same.

It leaves me wondering if it's a calculator error, or if the formula is actually to max stats before adding on armor/barrier stats as a bonus.

Those bonuses from shields, armors and weapons don't contribute to the "yellow stats", however they still adjust MST and LCK because these stats are the only ones which cannot exceed your character limit (class' max MST and 100 LCK) which is the reason why you may notice that the number in parentheses is always updated to be equal to your total. (it was even used as a glitch to equip weapons that require more MST than you had)

• 3 months later...

I wonder if anyone has tried to work out some max stat plans using the new Neutron Skin armor? I was kinda tinkering around with my FOnewearl with it (hopefully effectively eliminating the necessity of making two different mags for her) and kinda made a neat thing of it. Though... I haven't really tested it in practice yet, and it's pretty equip specific, this in theory lets me mix and match the casting and melee aspects of my FOney with only a gear swap, while still letting me effectively access every tool from both builds regardless of gear. One is more effective than the other in functionality, but it should still perform both melee and casting roles well enough methinks? Unfortunately the caster units are pretty set in stone for what I believe is the maximum effectiveness. Melee build you have more room to tinker with at the possible cost of some substantial amount of MST from switching out of the Neutron Skin armor (Though Kroe's is a nice substitute with more ATA to demons with!) Feel free to criticize if this is brilliant or trash. I'm not sure how good/bad or practical this is, but I just kinda like theory-crafting stuff like this. :)

Neutron Skin Plan

Mag: 0/0/85/115

Units: (Casting): v801, Adept x2, Centurion/Mind | (Melee): Adept x1 mandatory.
(Personally like using v801, Centurion/Battle and v502 with the lone Adept for more demons, but you have more freedom here for what you want to use for the melee variant.)

Shield: Red Ring/Costumes, Hylian Shield, Safety Heart

Materials:
- 95 Power
- 25 Mind
- 30 Luck

Maxes ATP/MST/ATA if using Neutron Skin, Centurion/Mind, V801 and Adept x2 & Hylian Shield (For casting FO) (Maxes LCK if you use Red Ring/Safety Heart)
Maxes ATP/ATA/LCK if using other armors & Red Ring/Costumes or Safety Heart (For melee FO) (Personally like using Kroe's for the extra ATA for melee mode)

Edited by Colton Doura
  • Like 1

I also for the fun of it made an adjustment with the FOmarl's Adept+v801 plan to accommodate the Neutron Skin armor as well and... funny enough, if it's important enough to you, you can max EVERY stat on a FOmarl with this, and still have 2 free open slots to do whatever with! Again, I'm not sure how efficient this is with locking the armor slot to Neutron Skin, but I feel it could work well with the late game gear since it'll have some high DFP boosts to boost her effective defense (Not so much EVP unfortunately) and some pretty decent L/D resists as well in my opinion, and again, gives a nifty DFP boost! (However much that matters anyways, lol)

Neutron Skin + Adept & v801 Plan

Mag: 0/121/31/48 (PPP) or 5/121/31/43 (Regular Mag) *Basically using the same mag for less trouble if you already have one!
Units: ADEPT, V801
Shield: Red Ring/Costumes (including the exclusive Agent K Costume), Hylian Shield, Safety Heart

Materials:
- 35 Mind (40 if using Regular Mag)
- 40 Luck
- 48 Evasion
- 119 Defense (116 if using Regular Mag)

You can adjust Power/Mind as you like (just remember that with mags: 1 MIND = 2 MST, 1 POW = 2 ATP and in materials: 1x Mind Material = 2 MST and 1x Power Material = 2 ATP)

Maxes ATP, ATA, MST, EVP, DFP, LCK if using Hylian Shield, Red Ring/Costumes, Agent K Costume or Safety Heart

6-8 free materials depending on which mag you use. (Can use 3 extra mind mats so you can use something in place of the v801 if you want)

I probably might not try to make one for the FOmar and FOnewm though, since Godrics Cloak and Samurai Armor's boosts are so good for each of those classes respectably that I wouldn't want to be locked out of using those armors, and are likely better for them both anyways! The femme FOs have more freedom to work with in that regard in my opinion~

Edited by Colton Doura