5/165/30/0
Units
v801
Adept
Final result
MST/ATA/LUCK maxed (implying you are using red ring), ATP 5 to max
No materials left
Edited by cyane

There's this "two mode" build for a FOmarl that i just came up with today. It's useful if you like going melee, but also has the option to go tech casting by changing units using only one mag and, obviously, one material spread.

Mag: Def 5/Pow 113/Ata 28/Mind 53

Materials: Mind: 159/Luck: 33/Unused: 58

Melee (and gun?) set: V101, Adept

In the 2 free slots you can use for example V502 and Something/Resist

Maxed ATP, ATA, MST and LUCK

Magic set: V801, Adept x2

One free slot for /Resist or whatever you need

Maxed ATA(dem adepts) and MST.

With magic set, ATP is 6 from max and Luck is 96. This was focused on melee, but if you wish you can use 5 more materials to max these two stats.

The unused 58 or 53 can go into DEF and/or EVP and they won't reach max.

Just made it in about 20 minutes and I'm not 100% convinced about it, what do you think? Would you do any changes to improve it?

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/page-24#entry100785

Fomarl can max with only a v101, and if you leave off any stat in maxing it should be mst since it's so weak and mind setups can be much more lax on units. Also having a stat unit on a atp setup for forces is generally a very bad idea, as they already need so many units in their atp setups anyway what with battle unit(v101 or c/battle), smartlink, and v801, so you really want at least 1 spot free for a situational unit like cure/shock cure/freeze cure/paralysis trap/search v502 etc. If you don't need some other unit you can still wear adept if you want, but it's not required and makes the char much more flexible to dealing with the situations that would require those units. Those 50+ free mats will let you max without needing to use an adept for stats, so that you can have a setup that allows you to use cure/freeze vs dark falz, cure/shock vs gal gryphon, cure/paralysis for caves or temple hunts, etc. Fomarl can use a 71 dex mag just like a humar, and having 250 material limit for humans makes her flexible enough to max with just a v101 or be only an insignificant amount of mst off with just a cent/battle.

Fomar

2 Free Slots - cyane

Materials
Mind = 218
Power =2
Luck = 30
Mag
5/165/30/0
Units
v801
Adept
Final result
MST/ATA/LUCK maxed (implying you are using red ring), ATP 5 to max
No materials left

I'm currently planning/working on following this set (since I'll be using Tellusis for Excal attack speed, and screw other melee weps on fomar lol, then if/once I get cent/battle I won't have to redo mats).

One question though..

Why not 216 Mind mats and 4 Attack so that 1 extra mind isn't wasted (your plan ends with 1441/1440). Also, wouldn't ATP be more useful down the line anyway? So wouldn't 1101/1102 attack + 1437/1440 mind be more efficient? I understand this is a 'max stats' thread, but also wouldn't maxing ATP take priority over MST? If wasting that 1 stat is ok, should it not be wasted going 1103/1102 on attack? Not challenging this idea, just curious about that small material selection.

Edited by KAION

I'm currently planning/working on following this set (since I'll be using Tellusis for Excal attack speed, and screw other melee weps on fomar lol, then if/once I get cent/battle I won't have to redo mats).

One question though..

Why not 216 Mind mats and 4 Attack so that 1 extra mind isn't wasted (your plan ends with 1441/1440). Also, wouldn't ATP be more useful down the line anyway? So wouldn't 1101/1102 attack + 1437/1440 mind be more efficient? I understand this is a 'max stats' thread, but also wouldn't maxing ATP take priority over MST? If wasting that 1 stat is ok, should it not be wasted going 1103/1102 on attack? Not challenging this idea, just curious about that small material selection.

Well first off, tellusis only gives excal Devil/Battle speed (20%), which isn't very good, would still be way better to wear a heavenly/battle (40%) or v101 (40% and 15 all stats) or cent/battle (110%), not to mention the many other possible attacking weapons besides excal, like bringer's, SoF, girasole, master sword, ultima reaper, etc. Secondly, the only reason there even is a plan like that for fomar is because fomar is terrible at melee on this server, the buffed monsters here means he can't hit anything with his ata, even with high hit gear. If godric's cloak ever gets fixed (I doubt it will though) he could manage, in which case I have a maxing plan using that for its ata/lck (http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/page-33#entry112787) which does prioritize the atp over the mst and actually has free slots in its melee setup, unlike this one which uses adept and has no room after battle/smartlink/v801/statunit(adept). Normally atp should be prioritzed over mst most of the time (and you can tweak it that way if you want), but if all fomar can do is miss than his atp is effectively 0 and doesn't really matter.

Well first off, tellusis only gives excal Devil/Battle speed (20%), which isn't very good, would still be way better to wear a heavenly/battle (40%) or v101 (40% and 15 all stats) or cent/battle (110%), not to mention the many other possible attacking weapons besides excal, like bringer's, SoF, girasole, master sword, ultima reaper, etc. Secondly, the only reason there even is a plan like that for fomar is because fomar is terrible at melee on this server, the buffed monsters here means he can't hit anything with his ata, even with high hit gear. If godric's cloak ever gets fixed (I doubt it will though) he could manage, in which case I have a maxing plan using that for its ata/lck (http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php/topic/9827-ask-a-quick-question-get-a-quick-answer/page-33#entry112787) which does prioritize the atp over the mst and actually has free slots in its melee setup, unlike this one which uses adept and has no room after battle/smartlink/v801/statunit(adept). Normally atp should be prioritzed over mst most of the time (and you can tweak it that way if you want), but if all fomar can do is miss than his atp is effectively 0 and doesn't really matter.

I see. I remembered seeing a thread about force equipment and a few people mentioned Tellusis was same speed as V101 on this server. I even asked in the quick question/answer thread since I know pso-world says its only 20%. Got word even from Soly that it was V101 speed. I just toyed around with my excal and tellusis (just unsealed and raised earlier) and compared the speed wearing h/battle. It does seem to be only 20% as I miss the combo more after removing the h/battle. Really sucks to hear how bad fomar has it going here. Guess I'll just keep my fomar the way I planned (pure tech and bulkier) and forget about giving him melee stats.

I just hate the fact that cent/battle has no stats. Cause if I make a plan for v101 im just gonna end up having to get DT's to redo materials again :/

Other way you can turn around this plan is with

forgot hylian boosts 20 mst so it works as redring like

Shield

Hylian shield

units

Adept

mag

0/170/30/0

materials

210mind

40luck

no free materials

Use this plan it's the better one if you're gonna nuke

Sorry about the stuff at the top it's a copy paste from a message ty Cy for the plan

Edited by Colorado Wilson

• 2 months later...

Well I noticed the FOnewm max stat plan doesn't take into account the 20 mst you get from having hylian equipped (which you would have equipped if you're focused PURELY on nuking). A plan like this seems better to me, because it doesn't take a unit to max out mst when you have the mind mag equipped, which lets you take advantage of more useful units like trap search, hp units and cure units. This plan also gives you more mst when you have the melee mag equipped.

Mats

75 Power

40 mind

35 luck

Mags:

0/0/0/200

0/76/124/0

Of course getting access to 2 custom mags is difficult so the plan can be adjusted accordingly.

If you don't want to use custom mags, then 80 power mats, 35 mind mats, and 35 luck mats would be the way to go. You still max atp with 5/71/124/0 mag, and you get 17 points away from maxing mst with the mind mag, or 7 points away if you wanna use the custom mind mag.

http://ultima.psobb.info/maxstatcalc.php?class=Fonewm&level=200&atpmats=75&mstmats=40&lckmats=35&dfpmag=0&mstmag=200&unit1=v801&unit2=v502&unit3=smartlink&unit4=centurion_battle&armor=sonicteam_armor&shield=red_ring

http://ultima.psobb.info/maxstatcalc.php?class=Fonewm&level=200&atpmats=75&mstmats=40&lckmats=35&dfpmag=0&atpmag=76&atamag=124&unit1=v801&unit2=v502&unit3=smartlink&unit4=centurion_battle&armor=sonicteam_armor&shield=red_ring

Edited by tru

Well I noticed the FOnewm max stat plan doesn't take into account the 20 mst you get from having hylian equipped (which you would have equipped if you're focused PURELY on nuking). A plan like this seems better to me, because it doesn't take a unit to max out mst when you have the mind mag equipped, which lets you take advantage of more useful units like trap search, hp units and cure units. This plan also gives you more mst when you have the melee mag equipped.

Mats

75 Power

40 mind

35 luck

Mags:

0/0/0/200

0/76/124/0

Of course getting access to 2 custom mags is difficult so the plan can be adjusted accordingly.

If you don't want to use custom mags, then 80 power mats, 35 mind mats, and 35 luck mats would be the way to go. You still max atp with 5/71/124/0 mag, and you get 17 points away from maxing mst with the mind mag, or 7 points away if you wanna use the custom mind mag.

http://ultima.psobb.info/maxstatcalc.php?class=Fonewm&level=200&atpmats=75&mstmats=40&lckmats=35&dfpmag=0&mstmag=200&unit1=v801&unit2=v502&unit3=smartlink&unit4=centurion_battle&armor=sonicteam_armor&shield=red_ring

http://ultima.psobb.info/maxstatcalc.php?class=Fonewm&level=200&atpmats=75&mstmats=40&lckmats=35&dfpmag=0&atpmag=76&atamag=124&unit1=v801&unit2=v502&unit3=smartlink&unit4=centurion_battle&armor=sonicteam_armor&shield=red_ring

The reason I don't account for hylian's mst is that players aren't always going to be wearing hylian, even in full nuking setup. Say one wants to use rabarta, they may be wearing a 3 seals or rabarta merge (Kondrieu's neck and spinners are weak to Barta for example). Maybe you have on gifoie merge, or resta merge, or are using simple techs casting foie/barta/zonde with the corresponding merges. Other than the 20 mst it's basically just some pow/mind mat and pow/mind mag level shifting.

I made the plans so you don't have to use a unit for pow setup since that already takes so many for force what with battle unit smartlink and v801; it's much easier to work in having a mind unit in the mind setup since it doesn't really do all that much. MST is such a weak stat anyway that dropping the mind unit for trap/search, cure/shock, cure/freeze, adept, etc doesn't really make much practical difference in nuking ability, hence why I set them up that way.

I hope that explains things a bit (I've probably done it elsewhere before too). I don't want to sound too critical, because It is interesting to see other people's methodology for maxing.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna build the best possible Fonewearl nuker,

does this work or is it flawed? Any suggestions are great.

On a side note, is there a pricing guide for this server?

Edit: I fixed the link.

Edit: Was informed I went over the max MST by 215, so, here is my new one. Still have a few mag points left over and are over the max for MST by 1(would rather be over the max by 1 then under the max by 1).

Edited by MizRedavni

• 4 months later...

c.c tired of being asked for this one, added PPP plan instead

Fonewearl

1 free slot- cyane

Materials
Power = 25
Mind = 75
Luck = 35

Mags (one to max mind other to max power/ata)

melee mag -0/75/125/0 (ppp mag)
mind mag - 0/0/0/200 (event mag/you can take extra mind mats if you have the other kinds and still max)

Units
v801
Centurion/Mind

2 free slot

Shields

Hylian shield - for nuking

Red ring -for melee

Final result
ATP/MST/ATA/LUCK maxed (using mind mag maxes mind using melee mag maxes atp/ata and luck)

15 materials left

Edited by cyane
  • Like 1

I wanna build the best possible Fonewearl nuker,

does this work or is it flawed? Any suggestions are great.

On a side note, is there a pricing guide for this server?

Edit: I fixed the link.

Edit: Was informed I went over the max MST by 215, so, here is my new one. Still have a few mag points left over and are over the max for MST by 1(would rather be over the max by 1 then under the max by 1).

The actual official price guide is here http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/10584-ultimas-official-price-guide/ .

• 4 weeks later...