Official Max Stats Guide

Yannv

• 1 month later...

I'm just starting back up in this game after many years. Running a RaMarl and want to do decent max stats if possible. I'm curious why all the stat builds use mags with 0 Mind? Isn't any mind/power on mag interchangeable with mats? That is...if build says 81 power & 79 mind mats with a 5/165/30/0 mag, I can do 83 & 77 in mats with a 5/163/30/2, right?

I'm just starting back up in this game after many years. Running a RaMarl and want to do decent max stats if possible. I'm curious why all the stat builds use mags with 0 Mind? Isn't any mind/power on mag interchangeable with mats? That is...if build says 81 power & 79 mind mats with a 5/165/30/0 mag, I can do 83 & 77 in mats with a 5/163/30/2, right?

Indeed power and mind are often interchangeable. The only reason it's done with 0 mind on the mag is in case a player does not want to get any extra mst on their character for some reason, so it's easier to standardize mags (so people can raise them in batches and sell them) and then have players customize their mats to fit. It's certainly possible to do the setup you suggested, you just won't often find someone that has that kind of mag for sale unless specifically requested with those kinds of stats.

• Like 1

Is it possible to undo material uses in other way than recreating the character? Have been wondering if I can fix my RAcast where I wasted 1 mat on DFP & EVP.

How?

It cost 9 DTs for a mat reset. Probably not worth it. You can always make another RAcast. It doesn't take that long to level up and it's always good to have more section IDs available for every class.

It cost 9 DTs for a mat reset. Probably not worth it. You can always make another RAcast. It doesn't take that long to level up and it's always good to have more section IDs available for every class.

Alright I guess, but I wanted to fill the 4th slot with a HUcast... I was thinking though how people have 8-12 characters.

• 1 month later...

I have a question about the custom mags people make. Why are the 185/15 stats the norm for HUcast? I made 182/18 which still maxes ATP, maxes ATA a few lvls earlier which allows Psycho Raven to be used earlier, and 18 dex + Adept maxes RAmar ata exactly so it's a perfect Mag for him as well. Is there another class that 185/15 is good for?

• Like 1

I have a question about the custom mags people make. Why are the 185/15 stats the norm for HUcast? I made 182/18 which still maxes ATP, maxes ATA a few lvls earlier which allows Psycho Raven to be used earlier, and 18 dex + Adept maxes RAmar ata exactly so it's a perfect Mag for him as well. Is there another class that 185/15 is good for?

I do believe that is essentially the same but it's still a custom mag so it's not really that big of a difference, I think the only difference is some people use c/arm on HUcast instead of Adept

• Like 1

Sorry if this is a fumb question but on Saith's Hucast plan the regular mag stats are 6/178/16/0, but why 6 DEF and not 5 Def?

It's because the minimum dex you can have on a pow mag with 5 def is 18 dex, by putting the def up to 6 I was able to get the dex down to 16 and squeeze an extra level out of the mag for pow. Even with the bank/logoff trick couldn't really get it lower; Hucast only needs 15 dex to max with a c/arms.

• Like 1

There's this "two mode" build for a FOmarl that i just came up with today. It's useful if you like going melee, but also has the option to go tech casting by changing units using only one mag and, obviously, one material spread.

Mag: Def 5/Pow 113/Ata 28/Mind 53

Materials: Mind: 159/Luck: 33/Unused: 58

Melee (and gun?) set: V101, Adept

In the 2 free slots you can use for example V502 and Something/Resist

Maxed ATP, ATA, MST and LUCK

Magic set: V801, Adept x2

One free slot for /Resist or whatever you need

Maxed ATA(dem adepts) and MST.

With magic set, ATP is 6 from max and Luck is 96. This was focused on melee, but if you wish you can use 5 more materials to max these two stats.

The unused 58 or 53 can go into DEF and/or EVP and they won't reach max.

Just made it in about 20 minutes and I'm not 100% convinced about it, what do you think? Would you do any changes to improve it?

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone looking for max stat plans or wanting to post plans, I have a tool that enables you to share a link for your plan. Here is an example of my HUcast plan.

http://ultima.psobb.info/maxstatcalc.php?class=Hucast&level=200&atpmats=115&dfpmats=0&mstmats=0&evpmats=0&lckmats=35&dfpmag=0&atpmag=182&atamag=18&mstmag=0&unit1=unit7&unit2=unit92&unit3=unit8&unit4=unit103&armor=armor87&shield=shield69

Edited by orgodemirk