I want to create a novel based off of Ultima and PSOBB, thoughts?

Varista

Hey guys, I don't make very many posts on the forums aside from shmarmy, witty, and often unwanted remarks towards subjects I know little about (speaking honestly, although, I do admit it cracks me up quite often), but I recently was thinking about creating a novel of the game PSOBB, and it would be based off of the server Ultima, set in a world with fictional characters but the character's they play (aka the character's these said people in real life play on the game, will be based around the people on the server). Essentially, what this means is that I'll be creating fake human beings, but use the likeness of people's personalities from in game as the character's these people play as on PSOBB. I'll give you an example.

Let's say that, for example, Soly tells me he wouldn't mind having his likeness used in the novel. I'd then do something like this:

Boy 1 plays as a HUcast named Soly, often quiet though, he's a moderator on the server. Does a lot of good work for the server and it's people, generally very friendly when he does speak or say something, but is usually afk or quiet when he does come on.

Something like this would be used (replace "Boy 1" with the name of the real life person), but I don't want to use people's likeness on the server as characters unless they are comfortable with me putting them in there, so as such, I'm wanting people to respond to the topic to let me know if they wouldn't mind having their likeness used in the story. And if you'd like, you can even put in what you think your character's likeness would be in the story based off of how you act in the game, if you so chose.

All the names in the real life will be made up, I'm not going to ask you guys for your real names, although some of you may be okay with giving me it, it's not necessary as most of the story is fictional and filled with fictional events. If you're interested in this, let me know. I need to see how many people would be interested in this so I can take count to how many people want in, use their likenesses in the story, and then the rest I'll just make up as I progress through the plot while I plan out the main character's and what not. I already have an idea in my head who the main character will be, what his name will be and what he'll tend to act like (it won't be me, although I will put my general likeness as my character in the story as a completely random person, I'll be completely honest about it, I promise).

Tell me what you think, if this doesn't take off with anybody, I'll just start writing and it can be a complete 100% fictional story about PSOBB on Ultima server, bearing no resemblance to anybody and anything that's ever happened.

Tell me what you guys think down in the comments below, thanks.

EDIT:

This will be a list of the people that currently wish to have their likeness used in the story, this post will remain open until Sunday evening EST (Eastern Standard Time +0:00).

• Cyane (And all clones of the King Banana via her request)
  • Soly (RAcast or Momoka, Hucast will not be added in via his request)
  • Colorado (Flawless, unnamed class)
  • Christian (Chris, RAcast)

EDIT: This has been closed, thank you.

Edited by Auroboro
  • Like 3

Soly ftw xD ... you can use soly (my real name would be kinda weird for the story i guess).. but not hucast pls... racast all the way (or momoka sometimes :P )

Edited by Soly

Goddess Ultima watches over us, the manliest pso player Cyanide is never granted with luck and prefers the long path to do things right :onion118: !

Usually being being experimented with Dr. Montague tools and Soly inventions, gained the ability to clone himself multiple times. In rl is actually not that manly.

Reference:

way_too_many_by_cyane_ei-d8l7wlw.png

• Like 2

I like the idea if you write something maybe a i can translate that to spanish, so more people can join to the novel

yeah, of course! I don't know any spanish, and I don't trust google translate enough, so if you want, I'll post it somewhere in off topic and you can translate it to spanish and post it in the spanish off topic. That sounds lovely.

Also, I'm going to keep this post open until the weekend, preferrably Sunday, but if I somehow get a ton of people into it by Saturday I'll shut it down with participants that have asked to be a part of it. I'll keep a tab on the main post listing the people that currently want to have their likeness used in the story. The story plot will be planned out this week as well, I need to get more names down for the IRL characters, and I need to plan out some more events.

Thank you to those that have looked so far and wish to participate, there's always room for as much as we can get!

As long as I am portrayed as a slightly more evil character than the others

Im going to need the english translation of one of your character's names, I cant do it in Japanese.