Introduce Yourself

kiros

Name: Mish 

Preferred Method of Contact: Just the forum

Hobbies: Watching 90 day fiancée, anime, video games (especially the zombie ones), cooking, grocery shopping, andddd making sure my newborn isn’t crying up a storm. 

A little more about myself: Started playing a very little bit around a year ago on the GC because of my boyfriend @Stark 1 He loves this game and he suggested I give it a go, due to us being new parents, I haven’t been on since my baby came into the world, I mostly just peek over at my boyfriends screen and watch him play now. Would really like and will start playing soon, probably won’t be on the forum much cause I don’t really understand the language here like the “DF<SS” lingo 😅😅 if I can get pointed to a index or something that’d be awesome. 

Anyways I play as Astraea and I like shooting Rappys >:) 

Edited by mish

Welcome back and have fun whenever you decide to play again.

5 hours ago, mish said:

probably won’t be on the forum much cause I don’t really understand the language here like the “DF<SS” lingo 😅😅 if I can get pointed to a index or something that’d be awesome. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Name: uluhuru 

Preferred contact method: forum pm

Hobbies: Drawing, D&D, etc

Picture: Hey, what's that behind you? *runs away*

A little more about your self: I'm an engineering student and very tired. But I'm thrilled to bits to play PSO again. I didn't have the chance to play Blue Burst on the official servers so I've only played offline on GC.

• Like 1

Welcome!

Having just finished failing to kill my party with a 300 gnolls vs. 100 kobolds + a few NPCs + party, it's always nice to see someone else who likes D&D around. :D

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Fuchsia

Preferred contact method: Discord

Hobbies: Videogames, science fiction, starting to get into tabletop gaming

Picture: See avatar

A little more about your self: I'm totally new to PSO, having never had a Dreamcast or a Gamecube back in the day, but then while looking through websites about old games I read about how PSO is still going, and figured I'd try it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FuchsiaShock said:

Name: Fuchsia

Preferred contact method: Discord

Hobbies: Videogames, science fiction, starting to get into tabletop gaming

Picture: See avatar

A little more about your self: I'm totally new to PSO, having never had a Dreamcast or a Gamecube back in the day, but then while looking through websites about old games I read about how PSO is still going, and figured I'd try it.

Welcome!

• Like 2

It occurs to me I don't think I ever actually posted here? Doesn't matter; if I did, whatever I said wasn't the truth anyway. I'mma fix that.
Name: Tony
Pref. Contact Method: Forum PM, in-game, don't care. I'm not here to tell you how to live your life. o3o
Hobbies: All-things video game—strongly favoring PSO, Warframe, & RPGs from the 1980s-1990s. I also have been studying various holy texts from about 10 different religions around the world for like 25 years I guess? I don't even know anymore. It's just a thing I'm fascinated by, and spend a great deal of time delving into, learning about ancient cultures and the like. Guess I could have just said theological anthropologist? Oh, also, I've written like 13 novels. The QWERTYs keyboard is the only instrument I know how to play.

Stuff about me: Sorry, I'm about to become a total downer for a while here. I started playing on this server a few years ago because I was hungry for some PSO, after playing Warframe for many years and wanting to play the game that started my online game obsession. That was I think about two years ago? As of last year, my father passed away from a combination of Multiple Sclerosis, a brain tumor, late-onset type-2 adult diabetes, and pretty much everything else life wanted to throw at my father. I had been his caretaker for the final 11 years of his life, giving up my own life in the process to be there for his needs due to our financial instability. It was during those years I took care of him that I undertook the conquest to write books—to give life to stories that had been floating around in my head since adolescence. 

There's one thing I'd like to point out right now before I go any further: I am currently a recovering drug addict. No, I'm not being humorous and talking about PSO—I'm talking hard drugs, opiate painkillers, that I was addicted to for the last 13 years. I suffer from Crohn's Disease, something that became more severe after a pretty life-changing time when I served in the US Air Force when I had just turned 18 years old. I was prescribed these life-destroying pills by a doctor, when I was very young, and so I simply assumed "surely they wouldn't prescribe something dangerous." Yeah, I was wrong. My reasons are theological for why I quit, and this isn't the place to really get into that: it suffices me to say, however, that it was the study of holy texts that finally gave me the courage needed to go cold turkey off of them. Something I was advised against, because it can actually kill you. But I refuse to buy into the $1,000 rehab clinics for prescription rehabilitation. I've gotten over the three-day hurdle, which is the worst part. I suffered through what is essentially low-key seizures, fevers, chills, hallucinations, fever dreams, full-body convulsions and the inability to swallow at some rare times.

Why am I telling you all this? Because PSO is the thing that's kept me sane. Life drove me to the brink, because I lacked proper self-control where it mattered most, in the end. With the loss of my father, which was my purpose for living for a decade, I felt horrendously lost. So I did what most people do in that situation: I sought things from my childhood, that I experienced back when things made sense and wasn't haunted by inner-demons every day. It's helped beyond words to simply play this game again, especially on a server I happen to quite like. The event pacing has kept me playing pretty consistently, rather than getting everything I want, getting bored and quitting. To that end, this server is the best for me and my preferences of how I want to experience PSO. Of course, I don't really want to get to level 200 for the 11th time, and the bonus exp multiplier is a wonderful change of pace. I'm still not one much for CCA Gal grinding, though. I do like to get excited when I finally level up now and again. ;p

OK I think I vomited my heart out enough here. Here's a picture of my wife and I's cats. Rudy's the odd-eyed (one green, one blue) tuxedo, Rosa is the cinnamon bun Maine Coon. Alongside PSO, and my faith, and of course my supportive wife, I still could have never broken free of the chains of addiction without these kitties. They bring endless joy to me.

o3o
20181106_154733.thumb.jpg.94da21efa6b297103007bc4c80db23c3.jpg
One of the most personal deep instructions I have ever seen!! Hope he still around. [emoji2962]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Name: Sjondrico

Preferred contact method: mail or forum message.

Hobbies: Gaming, watching series (comedy or fantasy), reading.

A little more about myself: I'm from Holland. I currently work as a requirement analyst in the IT sector. I have very fond memories of PSO I & II as a child, and recently discovered this community and had to get in here aswell.

Looking forward to getting to know this community better and have tons of fun.

And a (late) happy new year aswell!

• Like 1

Name: Well, ya know, it is at the top of the post. Go by either Echo or Dead(casual fails are my only talent)

Prefered contact:Whatever floats your goat

Hobbies: Video games(obviously), table-tops(D&D ect), MTG, reading horror novels, and I can play guitar, bass, and drums at a mediocre level

More swill about meself: I played a metic F-ton of PSO for the gamecube(fairly sure I know where the memory card is still). I live in the midwest United States. I work in the smokehouse of a pork facility. I'm generally quiet(because anxiety dictates that people suck and/or are terrifying) but I get comfortable eventually.

Looking forward to meeting/playing with all of you in the community, but maybe not all at once 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys, old skool gamer (since the first one on Dreamcast) but new PSO BB player! Thanks for letting me join in your awesome community! 

Name: Richard

Preferred contact method: PM or Forums. Send me a message on this thing!

Hobbies: D&D, Photography, Gaming, Football (West Ham Supporter for my sins!) and teaching!

Picture: Below!

A little more about your self: I have spent the best part of my 20's and (so far) most of my thirties traveling the world and working in a wide variety of professions. Have always had a love for opening my eyes to many different aspects of life and am currently living within Asia. I love it!

Rich.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Keith
Preferred Contact Method: Forum PM
Hobbies: My profile is the best place to see what I like to get up to in my free time.
Picture: See below!
A Little More About Yourself: I juggle work and being an English major, and playing games is one of my many hobbies. I'm married, have two teenage daughters, and a cat.

IMG_20180417_023114_875.jpg

Edited by GDBadguy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Name:  Tanguy, but i prefer my handle or Kara

Preferred contact method:  Forum PM / in game / telepathy

Hobbies:  Writing novels, table rpg, video games, cinema and history

Picture:  downstairs

A little more about your self: Hi everyone, your token Belgian is here! Ok enough jokes. I'm a former Dreamcast and GC pso player, i began playing ultima a while ago but only now i'm deciding to come in the forums. Not by timidity mind you but because i simply forgot that there was a forum. I found this server during a PSO2 jp server blackout, i wanted to remember the good old days and voila. 

Im pretty laid back usualy but i may sound harsh in my words, i'm apologizing for that in advance, blame the fact that i learndt english by myself using novels, video games and movies. Meaning my grammar isnt perfect. 

I have a wife who i try to convince to come and play psobb (she tried once but its a little bit too old fashioned for her, she prefers playing PSO 2 on jp servers atm ) and a 3 years old daughter. i'm sadly unemployed atm due to a severe back handicap (and sadly its not recognized as "grave enough" by  my governement, so no financial aid nor surgery) but i hope to find something someday! 

Hope to see you in game ;) !

1385254018-214219.jpg

• Like 2