Introduce Yourself

kiros

8 hours ago, arkride said:

Name: Thimo

Character: Arkrider / RAmar LVL 17

Preferred contact method: PM / Ingame

Hobbies: gaming, chilling, watching series/movies with my Girlfriend (we both love Dragonball), painting miniatures of Dark Souls - The Board Game, search for the truth

A little more about your self:

I can't believe I just discovered this server. I love PSO for the creativity in design, the atmosphere and for the music. I also have a great affection for the people who made this server possible and keep it running. You have my full respect for that!

I played about 350 hours on Dreamcast and about 400 hours on Gamecube. I still feel like a noob, because I forgot many things and didn't even know some of them. Today I'm more concerned with the backgrounds of how to build an effective character, MAG and weapons. I'm more of a success oriented player, but I also like to take it easy. During Dreamcast times (20 years ago?! wtf!) I met a good friend who lives in another city and we still have contact from time to time today! I immediately told him about this server and have already done the first levels together - like in good old times.

To my shame, I admit that I duped items back then. But only because of the frustration, because despite the long playing time I never really found anything good.

I see it as a challenge to start over. I want to get into Ultimate pretty fast, so with a lot of luck I finally find good items myself and a bunch of cool and friendly people.  If not on this server, where else?! :-)

I find the option to buy items through donations very cool. I don't want to do it yet, but I might get weak soon...

I often just call my session "Ark". Anyone is welcome to join. If someone wants to get rid of some items, I won't say no. ;-)

Best wishes to all hunters!

Ich.thumb.jpeg.183ff9ef6d57be25c7794cb54f36a8f6.jpeg

A fellow V1 vet, good to meet ya. If you ever wanna just run areas like the good ol days see if I'm on. (All my characters are in my sig.) If I'm in a game it'll likely be called "No Quests". Hope to see you.

• Like 1

I'm back!? Maybe?  Havent been on in almost 2 years! Whats up everybody???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heyho! 
I'm from Hungary (EU), playing JRPGs for 20 years. It was Final Fantasy VII and Dragon Ball that lead me to games and anime of japanese world back in 1998. I was 16 then, and still ready for new stories and gameplay. I used to play a couple of MMORPGs such as Fiesta Online, Battle of the Immortals and tried more. When I got a Dreamcast I started to play PSO in offline mode, finished it in 93 hours and I just loved it! I was thinking about playing it online, and I chose Ultima server. It's a good thing to have all episodes (well, Episode III card game is another story) in PSO Blue Burst, and I decided to complete every quest of each episode. You meet me in game as Nagi or GunJack, I wlll create a Force character later. If you have time you can help me, I will help your low level characters as well. Have fun guys, I'll see you in game! :)

Hey fellow PSOers, been on this server about a month but hey, maybe I should introduce myself. My in-game name is EDEN so you've probably seen me around.

Name: Scott

Preferred contact method: forum or ingame

Hobbies: PSO, scuba diving, sciencing 

Picture: laters, keep getting error

A little more about your self: I'm a biochemist dredging through my last bit of schooling. Currently work as as a flow cytometry lab tech. Besides that, been a pso fan since GC days playing with my 3 other brothers. Quite a bit of nostalgia being back in the game (unfortunately only with one brother now). Love the server so far and the people in it. See you all ingame!

• Like 1

My name is Tony. Recently started playing but have hundreds of hours logged on GC version. Would love to meet and play with others int he community. Pref English speaking as that is my only language. Hopefully see you soon!

Also on Twitter @dutchride 

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Rena

Preferred contact method: Forum, in game, or discord (only when we get to know each other) :onion-head01:

Hobbies: I knit, crochet, and watch cat videos basically

Picture: Only the specialest of the special will see me :onion-head21:

A little more about yourself: I'm here for memes, dreams and to kill stuff with friends. You can learn more about me later :onion-head69:

• Like 2

Name: Aaron

Preferred contact method: Forum PM

Hobbies: Working, Computers, Networking, MMORPG's

A little more about your self: I like to play on the computers daily making sure I am working on the right projects at the right time and keeping in contact with great people I could work with to bring more life to the things I work on daily. Staying positive if I go through a rough patch but understanding the difference after realizing my lessons. Also love working on my game I work on daily. The website I work on is http://virtuist.com be sure to register and pm me if you have any questions.

Edited by Plowness
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was little more then a sperm cell during the glory days of Sega, and I was in a crib during the heyday of the Dreamcast PSO.

I didn't get into gaming in general until about 2004, My first videogame was an old GameBoy title called "Battleship"  I played it with my uncle when I visited his house.

My family was enduring some financial difficulties at the time, so most of my gaming experience came from hand-me-downs from my older sister [her old GameBoy games and N64] and my father [his old Windows 98 and Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat, Mercenaries, 3, 4 and it's expansions, the Wing Commander series, some old edutainment games , and a Sega Genesis and Sonic 1, 2, Mean Bean Machine, Prince of Persia, and a few other games I can't seem to recall the names of off the top of my head] 

I didn't really start to take an interest in the Phantasy Star series until years later, about 2 years after I got my first decent pc [my very first one was an ancient, used dell toaster with Windows XP and very low end specs] right around the time I discovered emulators and the romhacking scene.

I began with the first game and worked my way up to End Of The Millennium, I wound up saving the third one for last since it was considered to be the black sheep of the series [I thought it was meh tier at worst after I had finished it, definitely nowhere near as good as the rest but i did find the "generations" mechanic interesting]   

My interest in PSO was sparked by of all things, hearing it's lobby theme in an old Sonic Robo Blast 2 mod.  And after seeing some footage of it I ended up coming here in the hopes of experiencing what I had missed out on.

Preferred contact method: PMs, in game, and steam.

Edited by fevermario

Name: Annie

Contact method: PMs

Hobbies: board games, pen and paper RPGs, reading fantasy novels, and obviously reliving the nostalgia of the early aughts in JRPG form :P

A little more: I used to play PSO once a year on gamecube, but I skipped a year because I was playing PSO2 but it just wasn't the same as episode 1&2. So when I came back to try and play it again I found my disk was unreadable. Looking up replacements I saw how ridiculous prices were for this classic game and remembered BlueBurst. this site was top of the list and I'm really glad. Played just a few hours and I like it. Starting from scratch is hard when I don't my cool rare gear but I'll keep up with it.  
As for myself, I don't really know. Using nouns to describe my hobbies is how i describe myself to others. 

• Like 3

Name: Mick

In-game name: Caniac

Hobbies: Sports (Specifically tennis, golf, basketball, and hockey), Coding, Teaching

Picture: 

More about me: I have a wonderful wife and 2 dogs. I am a high school Computer Science Teacher. I have been playing sports all my life, and I also coach a few. I first started playing pso back when it came out on game cube, then played on scht for years, and finally came to here when I read an article on how pso will never die because of servers like this. This server was also an escape in a time of need for me, so I appreciate you having this server up to get my mind off of unfortunate things that happened in the past few months.

Thank you for your time.

• Like 3

In-game name: C01D1

Hobbies: Having fun with my daughter, golf, hockey, swimming, hiking and cooking.

Picture: Attached

More about me: I just realized I never did this so here goes. I am a Canadian Navy Veteran of 15 years, been around the world and then some. I have an awesome daughter and a wife of ten years. I was making ROV Underwater Cameras and DVR equipment and programming firmware and creating software for a cutting edge company but a better opportunity arose. I recently took a job as a server maintainer and project manager for the Canadian Forces which gives me alot more time with my family and I absolutely love it. I have been playing PSO off and on since day 1 of version 1 for DC, as such you will often see me paying it forward and giving away things. I believe in community and honestly think this is one of the best I have ever seen in an online game. I have certainly enjoyed my time here at Ultima and will continue to do so into the years to come. To all those who I have met along the way it has been a pleasure, and to those I am yet to meet I look forward to it. Cheers.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by C01D1
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Mogrim

Hobbies: playing games or reading mostly when i'm not working.

A little more about yourself: i used to play this game all the time on gamecube split screen with my family. i'm really shy so it's hard to make friends in real life and on games. so i'm introducing myself before i lose my nerve lol.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orclord27 said:

Name: Mogrim

Hobbies: playing games or reading mostly when i'm not working.

A little more about yourself: i used to play this game all the time on gamecube split screen with my family. i'm really shy so it's hard to make friends in real life and on games. so i'm introducing myself before i lose my nerve lol.

Welcome to the server and to the community, im sure you will find friends here. Enjoy the Ultima

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Name: You can call me "C.C." if you want. ;)

Character: Pthalo ( Pronounced THEY-Low )

Preferred contact method: PM / Ingame

Hobbies: Fine(ish) Art, Guitar ( Electric & Acoustic -- Bass, too. ), Harmonica, Rebuilding Arcade Machines, Collecting Anime & Manga. 

A little more about your self:

I'm an Art School Graduate ( not as glamorous as it sounds ), so I draw and play music mostly-- but I also dabble in retro technology. If you have any questions about the innerworkings of arcade systems, pachislo machines, or want to know how to build a fightstick, I'm your person. 

Oh! I'm also a horrible anime addict. Because of that, I'm always at a loss for shows to watch. If you know of anything a little off the beaten path that I should watch ( Sub or Dub or Untranslated, it doesn't matter to me ) hit me up.

Uhhh... Thanks for reading?

Arigatou Gozaimasu.