Introduce Yourself

kiros

Name: Calm
Preferred contact method:thru the game
Hobbies:playing video games
Picture:im ugly
A little more about your self:i play video games alot and pso was one of my childhood games

Hey how's it going Ultima Community. My name's Calm. I'm a Lvl 104 Humar w/ a lvl 39 Mag (low lvl mag because I forget to feed it sometimes! I'm a bad parent, I know!! still confused on the growth path I should follow on mags also... lol). I've probably ran into most of you already in game. I've been playing for about 3 days now and you guys are pretty awesome for the most part when playing with random people. Been alot of helpful and patient people here. Thanks for that. Hopefully when I'm really familiar and ahead, I can give back to the community. If anyone needs help or willing to team up to level and grow, just hit me up through here or in game. 

Name: Guillaume

Preferred contact method: Forum pm or in-game (when solo'ing, I'm running games named ''testing :3'' but I'm free for whatever!)

Hobbies: Used to be parkour, martial arts and climbing other than video-games but since a nasty car accident it's mostly video-games <.<

Picture:
PS0_parkour.thumb.jpg.ffad7b895a31f74f71c0b6909fbb9654.jpg

A little more about your self: Fell in love with the world of Phantasy Star Online back in December 2000. I haven't played all the PSO that came after the end of the Dreamcast era as I felt too bitter about it all for years haha. I got early into Phantasy Star Universe on PC only to drop it for a while after, and once I came back and renewed my interest in the game (thinking it was far from going to die), the day very day after I started playing again SEGA announced the PC/PS2 PSU server shutdowns... Took me a while to consider going for a private server of ''the best PSO experience there is (read: BB)'' because I had always feared they'd be taken down faster than the official servers or that it wouldn't be a safe environment to play. After having noticed Ultima being up for over 5 years a while back and having seen its 'backstory', I decided it couldn't hurt to give this a try. I took a break for a year or two due to LIFE happening (and partially being in remote locations at time where internet isn't really great [though it was surprisingly alright during blizzards]). I had never played Blue Burst, and in fact, I have yet to run through Episode 2 and 4 proper. As of this post, I have just cleared Episode 1 on NORMAL running around testing out things (and looking for a Delsabre's Left Arm on HARD atm), and just hit lv 96 with my HUcast.

Edited by BWS-1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyways. My real name is Diego. I'm Colombian and Dominican. I speak Spanish and Vietnamese.

I guess I've been a bit more active here since I was permabanned from Ephinea. I'm toxic as fuck apparently.

I'm from Brooklyn New York, I hold a PhD in Pure Mathematics, graduated last fall. Now I live in HCM (Saigon), Vietnam teaching English. 

I make PSO content though I don't think the PSO community appreciates it much but eh whatevs I have fun making them anyways.

I'm a casual as fuck PSO player, honestly I prefer horror games.

Here's a pic of me right after I shaved my beard cause I was scaring too many Asian students looking like a prisoner.

POcl7By.jpg

Edited by Fyrewolf5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ScoobyDew said:

I'm toxic as fuck apparently.

"Edited 3hr ago by Fyrewolf"

Oh man, that made me laugh.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScoobyDew said:

Here's a pic of me right after I shaved my beard cause I was scaring too many Asian students looking like a prisoner.

That beard was majestic as fuck, though.

5 hours ago, ScoobyDew said:

I guess I've been a bit more active here since I was permabanned from Ephinea. I'm toxic as fuck apparently.

Lol what the fuck? Like I don't know you, but I've read a lot of what you talk about. You seem like a legit person with a nice head on their shoulders. Maybe some people just can't handle the rawness of brooklyn. Stay true bud.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Name:Andres
Preferred contact method:PM/ingame
Hobbies:Games/anime ?
Picture:random elboy
A little more about your self: im just some dude who wants a quick game and fun

i have typing problem so typo are a given i usally just chill n listening to some Random OST or mix n stuff see me in the game just sey hi im rather new to UBB

so im mite just dissapoint you if your looking for help.. ^^ll

• 2 weeks later...

Name : Baptiste

Preferred contact method :  in game

hobbies : complaining about everything ... every-time ... or maybe hypnosis ...

picture : Cheshire cat

a little more about me .... first i'm not native English speaker so please forgive me for the shitty english !  i don't realy know what to say so see you in game les amis !

• Like 1

Name: Kaelus

Preferred Contact Method: in game or PM

hobbies: Comics, Star Wars, Monster Hunter, gaming in general, anime, reading,  and anything else that helps me deal with life stresses. 

picture: nothing as of yet I'm pretty new to this server

a little more about me: I'm a long time veteran PSO player dating all the way back to when it came out on DC. After the DC, then the XBOX, I found BB, after the official servers for BB went down I later found the SCHTHACK server and played on there for quite sometime til the server had a major crash and everyone's info had been lost so I had not wanted to play for a good long time. I had a change of heart after watching the Sword Art Online movie this past weekend at A-Kon 28 (a very large anime and gaming convention). So here I am.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Dathal

Preferred Contact Method: Either in-game or PM

Hobbies: Singing, playing video games, hanging with folks and having a grand ol' time. In grad school right now doing an internship so I stay pretty busy. 

Picture: I want to keep how really really really ridiculously good-looking I am a secret for now. 

A little more about me: I used to play on the DC, and I just learned about these servers two days ago. I've already met some seriously helpful folks that have given me an incredible amount of information and support. This community seems awesome, and I hope to meet more of y'all and get to 200 so I can actually do stuff. Character name is Dathal and I'm a RAmar, probably purple. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I be Ed. I dunno what I do, man. I'm just some guy who has no idea what he's doing with his life that ended up working in restaurants in his 30's and that's what I do now. So I figure with my down time I may as well party like it's 2000?

I also take pictures; http://photo.edwardmowinckel.com/
I make pizza; http://pizza.edwardmowinckel.com/
I was an audio engineer for a while but I'm really not anymore; http://www.edwardmowinckel.com/
I'm also working on a not-for-profit that's not going well and I'm about ready to dissolve it; http://seattleupcoming.com/
I also make snacks; http://imgur.com/a/YwR35

I guess I do a lot.

Edited by EdwardMowinckel

• 3 weeks later...

Name:  Steve

Preferred contact method:  Here's good

Hobbies:  I've got a thing for tinkering with old trucks and travel.  I dig discovering new music, plucking strings on my banjo and staying up too late reading.  I think the golden age of gaming, for me at least, will always be late night split screen on a CRT with some pals.  PSO was a big part of that and i'm happy to have found this place.  

Picture: 

A little more about your self:  Canadian currently living and working in China, just north of Shanghai.      

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well. First message wasn't exactly what I expected, but I suppose introducing oneself is still ok.

Name: Michel
Preferred Contact Method: Forum PM or email
Hobbies: Video games, watching playthroughs & animes, blogging, [censored], travelling, reading
Picture: On my ProZ profile

A little more about yourself:
• Long story short, I'm a full-time English-to-French subtitler with too much free time on my hands and way too little work for my own safety at the moment. I used to lead a scanlation team while handling translations for nearly a decade before going pro and dabbling into the realms of GCPD & standards, accounting, CPD and so forth. Nowaday I'm no longer a hardcore gamer, just a regular player who enjoys leveling a character up and farming weapons.

• In PSO I was pretty much the expert in RAcaseals because most people on the Blue-Rappy forum used to label them as the weakest of all classes. Same reason I'm playing the catalyst Mechromancer in Borderlands 2, I guess. I only play "legit", i.e. I only take drops I see occur before my very eyes and I don't trade in any item. You can ask me to get some, thought.

• For online multiplayer games I don't like TeamSpeak and tend to favour alternatives like former-Curse Twitch or Mumble. But really, that's if you want someone to tell or grumble about your day at the office. For some reason my lag is quite noticeable, so if you ever get to play with me, my apologies in advance.

Back at Blue-Rappy, we used to post our daily findings in a specific topic. The formula was :

Beat time/Char.Name/Lv/Class/ID/Mode/Location/Monster/Weapon

I wonder if it's still valid today. In any case, I hope we'll be able to flatten some Tollaws & Gran Sorcerers together.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Alex (in-game Spankz) 

Preferred contact method:  In-game 

Hobbies: Faffing about in UE4 (Games dev), Smoking copius amounts of weed, playing old skool games to get nostalgia trips 

A little more about your self: I first played PSO once upon a time on my dreamcast, back then connecting to sega was a ball ache and a half, u had that code u had to do (which i still believe is a precursor to CD-keys) and then wait a year to connect... had a lot of fun on the game, didnt get far didnt understand a lot of things but then a few years later schtacks server popped up and if u were very VERY lucky you could be picked to go on there.. I was never picked lol but eventually schtacks became public and i played it for quite some time, didnt understand things back then either but regardless it was fun. now I have discovered THIS server and now I cant resist the urge to be here, I would like to learn the game this time around but im still lost, so if u join one of my lobbies be prepared for some noob mistakes but feel free to put me on the right path to being a pro PSO player. anyways hope to see u all in game.

Peace

Pleborian (my actual interwebs alias XD, check youtube for it)

Name: Jordan

Preferred contact method: Forum PM

Hobbies: I used to be cool and do cool things*. Now I argue with younger versions of myself about how to go to the bathroom. Like, no, really; I've got 3 kids under 5. Hobbies include trying to catch up on dishes and helping my wife chase kids around the house when I get off work. 

Picture: Eh. I'm a big white dude with beard. 

A little more about your self: I don't know why I actually registered, except someone wrote an article titled something like "the best MMO you never played" and it sounded like fun. I used to play WoW a lot (sum durids is tree; dems is good heels) on & off over the years, then recently Diablo 3 because "show up and play for a week or two every season without having a guild to disappoint because you can't ever make raid time" is apparently more my speed... I'm a stagehand on the bounce, so my schedule is always different one week to the next. My kids are cute and I blame my wife for that, she's awesome. 

So how do you see a chat history in this game, anyway? For all I know people have been trying to help me for an hour while I look up "so you just logged in for the first time EVER and are standing there nodding in the lobby" stuff on forums, and I have no idea. 

*lies

• Like 1