Shout

Quinten Herron

Hey you know what would be cool some type of shout command you know how gm's can shout or mass msg the entire server what if the players could do this.

I know if you let everyone just shout if would be an issue of spam and other stuff of the nature but what if you had an item (something like a pd with the same rate) or maybe you have to consume a certain amount pd's (to stop spammers i would make it pricey but affordable to were everyone can do it but pricey enough to were they cant spam it) for it.

seems like allot of work but would be cool.

i have more ideas if you want to pick my brain pm me ^_^

(this is just something i thought of more for fun and joke's than it is for getting attention of another but could be used in that way)

Edited by Quinten Herron

Great way to spread info is through the forum and on lobby1.

If you have something more relevant to say some gms could help.

edit: as for commands that sacrifice items, I would love a "lucky ticket" when sacrificed would make the room have the same conditions of happy hour or something.

Edited by cyane
  • Like 4

better not mix server/shouts/banners/GMs with normal players, it will only generate confusion. my modest opinion -.- but who knows?

you can always tell by the color of the persons name who said the shout or server msg

Edited by Quinten Herron
  • Like 1

I think the same... atm the banner command always add the part [GM]<name> to it... so it would need a rewrite of its code... and tbh i only see it useful for spammers lol i bet ppl would be willing to waste tons of stuff to spam it lol... still that doesn't mean is a bad idea... i would like to try and write something like this lol

You are welcome to share this and more ideas...

• Like 3

The exact command for this is /announce (then sending a personal message to anybody) but it's for GM's only. But the problem with letting users do this is that it could be spammed quite easily without people wanting it to be.