Anti DDoSing

I'm still unsure as to what's exactly happening for the servers to crash as often as they do, so I only have "DDoS" as the problem to go off of. Anyways; I've been on a few websites lately before I started coming back here, and while I was at the loading screen, at the bottom, they had a "Anti DDoSing program" message. I don't know how that works, maybe it's only for websites and not clients, but maybe somebody can look more into it to make the PSOBB client non-DDoS'able?

Idk, I might just be talking out of my ass here but the pso servers don't require much resources to run and maintain, my point being that even a little $700 rig could easily host the three necessary servers, meaning all of the rest of the server's donations could be funneled into DDoS protection, which I'm fairly sure is not that expensive. I'm 500% sure the donations to this server or even Schthacks could easily cover DDoS protection or even just a valid host that knows how to re-direct or block illegitimate traffic. There's a bunch of different ways to deal with DDoS that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, but the cheapest way by far is to just wait for the attacker to get bored.

well, even larva put some anti ddos or even the best one, it will not stop ddos, since launch it is very cheap and who made it simple to put a more strong ddos. there is no effective protection against it, it may slow the attack, but not stop it. in my opinion its because of that larva are not willing to make it

well, even larva put some anti ddos or even the best one, it will not stop ddos, since launch it is very cheap and who made it simple to put a more strong ddos. there is no effective protection against it, it may slow the attack, but not stop it. in my opinion its because of that larva are not willing to make it

not necessarily. it really all depends on how much you put into the anti-ddos. Think of PSO like a drainpipe, and DDoS as something that clogs that pipe. The bigger the pipe, the harder it is to clog. What we would (should) be paying for is a bigger pipe. Or a plumber at least.

$250 a year i can do it for (friendly rates, we normally sell that for one month!). Bigger pipe would just mean you throwing money away. this will kill the DDOS on the system it is on now. Heck i can even protect home connections.

My company is experts on it we have helped Sony and Microsoft etc..

Edited by LordRusei
  • Like 3

$250 a year i can do it for (friendly rates, we normally sell that for one month!). Bigger pipe would just mean you throwing money away. this will kill the DDOS on the system it is on now. Heck i can even protect home connections.

My company is experts on it we have helped Sony and Microsoft etc..

Wooooo, hit us up buddy, we can haz antiDDoS soyvurce? I'd enjoy nothing more than being a fly on the wall watching Br00m0p throw a shitfit that he's finally been effectively stopped in his tracks.

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

The biggest issue with trying to protect against it is that any shmuck with $5 and a half decent computer can sit down and DDOS any site in the entire world. It's the unfortunate system we have in place right now with the internet where anybody can do what they want without consequences. Until we, as the people, find out a way to combat this sort of viral terrorism we cant really protect against it all too well.