New Banking Option

So I just came up with an idea: I know for certain a lot of players don't like the idea of drop "trading" between login accounts. So I was thinking; if you could make a /bank command, couldn't a GM make a command to where you can access the bank of another account that you as a player own?

Example: If your login username was "JaneDoe" you'd type in "/JaneDoebank" or something along those lines.

It seems complicated and confusing (I wasn't sure how to word the idea so my apologies if it doesn't make too much sense.)

If there was one idea to link accs, as in i got "cyane1" and linked to "cyane2" acc i would see in the log in my 8 characters and the common bank would be for all those 8 etc.

Could be something like when logging in game you could have the option "link account", you would have to put the password of both accounts to confirm both that will be linked.

edit:

But this sounds complicated as beep to do xD

Edited by cyane

Well if the GM's could fix the buggy common bank, I actually think this idea could come to attention to the GM's for a new in game add-on.

Edited by pushan

know for certain a lot of players don't like the idea of drop "trading" between login accounts.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but the trade window is working now. It's faster using the trade window to transfer tons of items than dropping items.

I like your idea, That would be awesome if we could easily access our other accounts banks. Maybe this can somehow be tied in with the character control panel? The character control panel can be used to link all our accounts together?

I wasn't aware that the trade window was working. I've been inactive for about a year now. I can't speak for every player, but I know there's a fair share of them who don't like taking the risk of letting others hold onto their items for 2-3 minutes until they log back on to retrieve those items. Players could easily be stolen from. Like I said though, it's just an idea. I hope it can be brought to attention though!

If multiple accounts are to be linked together, forum accounts could be a good candidate for tying it all together. There's also the potential to manage accounts/banks/whatever through a web interface. Maybe get more use out of the PSOBB CP link up top of the page here.

I don't think it's possible to easily access other account's stuff cuz it is pulled when you log in... aka it doesn't exists before you reach the block. I see tons of issues with that.

Cyane, i don't think that was the idea, but rather a CP where you could switch character slots to the first 4th and use them... (the client can display only 4 slots)

While, there was this idea to switch characters as i said in the previous line, but managing inventory/banks could be difficult.

Yeah, it'd be a lot of work.

And on that topic, similar to how I was trying to contact the Tethealla devs, I am interested in contributing something useful to the server and helping with development, if that is at all possible.

I told sodaboy in his forum about you, btw