Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity Multiplayer Discord Server

Nessly

If you're a fan the Phantsy Star Universe / Portable series, you may be interested in checking out my discord server. It's dedicated to playing  Phantasy Star Portable 2 & Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity multiplayer 👨‍👨‍👧‍👦 on the PPSSPP emulator. Tutorials for how to setup the emulator can also be found there in the #setup section. If your machine can run PSO, it should be able to run these games just fine as well. 👍

PC <-> Android inter-connectivity is supported as well

Here's the invite link! https://discord.gg/ZawMP8Zvkc

🤔💭💭 QUESTIONS? Ask away! I know emulators can be confusing. I'll gladly answer to the best of by ability. :}

Here is a sample 🎥 some teammates from the group and I doing challenge mode. We're all running the game on the emulator:

Edited by Nessly
  • Like 6

I absolutely love how it looks, is there patches for english?

:} Currently there are no patches for Infinity to be in English, but work is in progress. Keep in mind, that Portable 2 (non-infinity) IS in English and can also be played if you prefer not to play Infinity.

• Like 1

i played psp2 online for a long time and i loved it, one of the best games of ps series imo.
I should still have my characters.

Edited by BK-201
  • Like 1

i played psp2 online for a long time and i loved it, one of the best games of ps series imo.

I should still have my characters

I completely agree! There are not many games quite like it. You CAN import your game saves from the PSP into the PPSSPP emulator.
To import your memory stick from your PSP (real hardware), copy the PSP folder from your psp memory stick, and paste it into the memstick folder of the emulator. Create a memstick folder in your emulator folder if you don't have one. The next time you open PPSSPP, the emulator will read your game saves just like normal.
The folder structure should be
EMULATOR FOLDER > memstick > PSP > SAVEDATA > (game save folders)
After importing your gamesaves, your emulator folder should look like this, with the memstick folder in there:
screenshot_20150110225753.png
  • Like 1

Yeah i did it, i can't find a more recent savedata so i think i lost a few items i got , also my character still lvl 195 and not 200 . _. i still have most of my items luckily.
Anyways text bugs a bit, i think i should set video options better

Yeah i did it, i can't find a more recent savedata so i think i lost a few items i got , also my character still lvl 195 and not 200 . _. i still have most of my items luckily.

Anyways text bugs a bit, i think i should set video options better

Someone PSO-world said they had issues with text too. I've never seen that issue before. You're the newest version of PPSSPP and not JPCSP right?

Make sure you have the Depth Range Hack enabled in your graphics settings:. This fixes graphics glitches for this game (although by default there shouldn't be any issues with text):

screenshot_20150110221421.png

Edited by Nessly

:} Currently there are no patches for Infinity to be in English, but work is in progress. Keep in mind, that Portable 2 (non-infinity) IS in English and can also be played if you prefer not to play Infinity.

The good thing is that this emulator is super easy to setup ^^

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just got a PM request to help setup the emulator to play this game online. If you guys need help, just holler! will gladly help. The group is still up and running! :D in fact, just played the other day w/ someone that needed help!

It's a pretty easy to setup!

Edited by Nessly

1 hour ago, Cyane said:

Would it work on a real psp? xD

is confuzzled. what do you mean exactly? People playing on the emulator would be able to play with people playing on real PSP hardware, but both players would need to play using something other than Evolve VPN. Instead both players would need to connect to the coldbird server. Only thing about this is that to connect  to the coldbird serve, you most likely need to tinker in your router settings to enable DMZ for that device you want to connect.

To my knowledge, it's not possible for people playing on Evolve VPN (and using the PPSSPP emulator) tp play w/ people playing on PSP hardware. 

Edited by Nessly

4 minutes ago, Cyane said:

I'm not much savvy on the psp ways ;-; will do some research about it when the right time comes.

Thank you :3

ah ok. If you ever want help, just holler. ;}

but for reals, why not just use the ppsspp emulator? It's really easy to setup and runs well on even low-end machines. If you can run PSOBB, most likely you can run the PSP emulator (and with better visuals than psp hardware to boot!)

Edited by Nessly