to be honest you can't really use it in terrys code, ask the gm's it's buggy and fails quite often on join.

For the guy who didn't know, schtacks code is multi version dc, bb, gc, and episode 3. Has existed like 6 years before terry even wrote his server, schthack is also written in delphi.

precisely, which is why SCHT's coding is different from that of the tethaella counterparts. There's things that SCHT can do that other's can't, specifically making items with completely new Hex Codes from scratch, or making certain lobby commands or in game commands that others can't. SCHT is another beast entirely

And it's been on the back burner for awhile I would really like to see the character slot trader finished... Also I suggested awhile ago but I would like to see ultimate become harder

The main problem with Ultimate being tougher is that more weapons will be getting useless, alot are useless as it is right now, imagine boosting Ultimate for lets say +20%, now you would be making the list for useful items on Ultimate even shorter, which is short already, making Ultimate tougher right now will make it tougher for new players, but for old users, who already have a bunch of event items ultimate will still be the same, you have a full damage mitigator in SonicTeam Armour, you have Centurion Battle which boosts AS by 110 and most people play ranger for the flexibility it allows while some force just play support while they are getting to 200/good equipment, and hunter will still be struggling.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve to ask for a tougher Ultimate, but you aren't giving any ideas here for it to become a possibility in the future, it is supposed to be job of the staff but take in consideration that, but if larva makes that kind of modifications to the game and alot of people start complaining, you are not the one to take the blame but larva, because he is calling the shots here not you, you are not even part of the staff, imagine you get on one day "imma join my friends who are still lvl 120-140 and do a couple of quests to gain some exp, see if i can get some good stuff" and then he makes room and notice enemies hit harder, evade hits even more often, have higher hp and higher dfp, you really think those new guys are just going to deal with the new buff and stick to vhard which would take hours to get a couple of levels and not to mention that vhard drops are really bad compared to Ultimate drops? you only seem to say make it tougher for us old players and stuff but you aren't helping anybody here, so instead of just suggesting things, why not think of a way to make your ideas a possibility, take in consideration that ideas around here should be accepted by most users and there are already users who have said that Ultimate is good as it is.

I'll throw in some ideas from the top of my head considering your idea of making Ultimate tougher.

1.- Garbage items should get a buff, not in terms of ATP only, but in terms of usefulness, like giving Gae Bolg, Varista, and Meteor Smash different special attacks, on a simple teth server i modified most of the crappy items to the point that they can be useful, like Meteor Smash instead of having soul i changed it to seize, since it isn't a weapon that drops from rare monsters, it isn't very likely you will be getting one with 50 hit as fast as you would with a Diska of Braveman which does drops from rare monsters and Ultima tends to activate rare monsters mini events alot, and make the weapon itself useful at least for the meantime while you get a Spread Needle or something from Ultimate.

tl:dr change the special attacks of certain garbage items and make them useful at least for the lower difficulties.

2.- Difficulty scaling, in vanilla pso, once you get around 150 you are strong enough to withstand almost anything (depending on the class also) you can go as a supporting player, or something like that, but in Ultima the EVP of the enemies and ATP scales insanely, which means that everything you do depends on your equipment mostly, if you are to play efficiently, and so when going to Ultimate users with end game equipment and spare items can just xfer their main equipment to new characters and just rush the 10 levels from 90-100 and ask a couple of friends to help them for faster rt runs and get to lvl 200 in a matter of days, while new players will have to get what most of us got through, play the game from scratch, but they are gonna have a tougher time getting to 200 than lets say me, because i joined Ultima when it was still in its vanilla state, 86millions for lvl 200, exp x3 from lvl 1-200, mobs were easier, and such (96 million the current max exp for 200 iirc), but now Ultima monsters have already recieved a boost of 30% on their stats (i don't remember if it was 30% exactly correct me if i'm wrong) and now recieving another boost of lets say 20%? now characters have just recieved boosts to their max stats, not to their growths overall, which means a current lvl 100 humar will have the same stats as a lvl 100 humar from a vanilla pso, and you don't see new users hunting materials that early in the game (well i don't know if there are currently players hunting mats and selling them) and pds, the coin of pso isn't as common as one would want it to be.

• Like 1

The main problem with Ultimate being tougher is that more weapons will be getting useless, alot are useless as it is right now, imagine boosting Ultimate for lets say +20%, now you would be making the list for useful items on Ultimate even shorter, which is short already, making Ultimate tougher right now will make it tougher for new players, but for old users, who already have a bunch of event items ultimate will still be the same, you have a full damage mitigator in SonicTeam Armour, you have Centurion Battle which boosts AS by 110 and most people play ranger for the flexibility it allows while some force just play support while they are getting to 200/good equipment, and hunter will still be struggling.

I'm not saying that you don't deserve to ask for a tougher Ultimate, but you aren't giving any ideas here for it to become a possibility in the future, it is supposed to be job of the staff but take in consideration that, but if larva makes that kind of modifications to the game and alot of people start complaining, you are not the one to take the blame but larva, because he is calling the shots here not you, you are not even part of the staff, imagine you get on one day "imma join my friends who are still lvl 120-140 and do a couple of quests to gain some exp, see if i can get some good stuff" and then he makes room and notice enemies hit harder, evade hits even more often, have higher hp and higher dfp, you really think those new guys are just going to deal with the new buff and stick to vhard which would take hours to get a couple of levels and not to mention that vhard drops are really bad compared to Ultimate drops? you only seem to say make it tougher for us old players and stuff but you aren't helping anybody here, so instead of just suggesting things, why not think of a way to make your ideas a possibility, take in consideration that ideas around here should be accepted by most users and there are already users who have said that Ultimate is good as it is.

I'll throw in some ideas from the top of my head considering your idea of making Ultimate tougher.

1.- Garbage items should get a buff, not in terms of ATP only, but in terms of usefulness, like giving Gae Bolg, Varista, and Meteor Smash different special attacks, on a simple teth server i modified most of the crappy items to the point that they can be useful, like Meteor Smash instead of having soul i changed it to seize, since it isn't a weapon that drops from rare monsters, it isn't very likely you will be getting one with 50 hit as fast as you would with a Diska of Braveman which does drops from rare monsters and Ultima tends to activate rare monsters mini events alot, and make the weapon itself useful at least for the meantime while you get a Spread Needle or something from Ultimate.

tl:dr change the special attacks of certain garbage items and make them useful at least for the lower difficulties.

2.- Difficulty scaling, in vanilla pso, once you get around 150 you are strong enough to withstand almost anything (depending on the class also) you can go as a supporting player, or something like that, but in Ultima the EVP of the enemies and ATP scales insanely, which means that everything you do depends on your equipment mostly, if you are to play efficiently, and so when going to Ultimate users with end game equipment and spare items can just xfer their main equipment to new characters and just rush the 10 levels from 90-100 and ask a couple of friends to help them for faster rt runs and get to lvl 200 in a matter of days, while new players will have to get what most of us got through, play the game from scratch, but they are gonna have a tougher time getting to 200 than lets say me, because i joined Ultima when it was still in its vanilla state, 86millions for lvl 200, exp x3 from lvl 1-200, mobs were easier, and such (96 million the current max exp for 200 iirc), but now Ultima monsters have already recieved a boost of 30% on their stats (i don't remember if it was 30% exactly correct me if i'm wrong) and now recieving another boost of lets say 20%? now characters have just recieved boosts to their max stats, not to their growths overall, which means a current lvl 100 humar will have the same stats as a lvl 100 humar from a vanilla pso, and you don't see new users hunting materials that early in the game (well i don't know if there are currently players hunting mats and selling them) and pds, the coin of pso isn't as common as one would want it to be.

I like this, not necessarily balancing the weapons around attack boosts but rather utility boosts as well, but then there also leads to the fact that weapons with similar specials with higher ATP values will be used much more, and these worse weapons will still get dumpstered, especially when people start obtaining these high end gears.

I'll take your example of Meteor Smash for example, are you really going to be interested in using a Meteor Smash for the seize effect rather than using an Arrest Needle with hit? Even if the Meteor Smash had the same or more hit, probably not. While it's good for people who don't have Arrest Needle or similar items with the same specials and hit, but with higher ATP, people that end up having better gear will simply dumpster these anyway. Do you by chance have any idea on how you could potentially make it so these weapons aren't throw-away weapons to others without buffing their atp to unprecedented amounts?

I like this, not necessarily balancing the weapons around attack boosts but rather utility boosts as well, but then there also leads to the fact that weapons with similar specials with higher ATP values will be used much more, and these worse weapons will still get dumpstered, especially when people start obtaining these high end gears.

I'll take your example of Meteor Smash for example, are you really going to be interested in using a Meteor Smash for the seize effect rather than using an Arrest Needle with hit? Even if the Meteor Smash had the same or more hit, probably not. While it's good for people who don't have Arrest Needle or similar items with the same specials and hit, but with higher ATP, people that end up having better gear will simply dumpster these anyway. Do you by chance have any idea on how you could potentially make it so these weapons aren't throw-away weapons to others without buffing their atp to unprecedented amounts?

Unfortunately this weapons seems to be destined to suck for the rest of their existence, unless larva misteriously decides to swap the stats of DF for Dragon Slayer and thus making Dragon Slayer the best sword out there!, or giving Arrest Needle stats to a Crush Bullet :o.

But no i don't see any possible way to make them compete with weapons that drops from Ultimate, also Arrest Needle is broken, at least they should've made it unreduced seize or just arrest, S rank needle is completely outclassed by Arrest Needle now, getting back to garbage weapons, you see with the few 1p RPG and few MMORPGs i've played there will always be lower end weapons/armours, or begginers gear if you will, and this weapons are saddly useless once you start progressing on the game, the only way for them to be viable is to add this weapons specials from tier 3-4 in this case seize, fill, dark (this were the only special attacks that came to my mind that could help in any way)/charge, zerk, spirit, demon's, hell and such, but we don't want to hand new users easy weapons now would we? so like i said it is no use, this items are pretty difficult to make them compete, but that doesn't mean that they should be destined to be garbage, they could help new users when getting to vhard and making that step from vhard to Ultimate.

Also the only way i can see of making a tougher but still a little bit more balanced game is making this garbage items useful (addressing again colorado's request of making Ultimate tougher) i could probably post the changes i did to crappy items on tethealla, and share some ideas with users who want a tougher Ultima, but still balanced since that is one the most important things in RPGs, and Larva can't argue that making alot of changes would break Ultima, he already made DM lol.

I don't know how much coding this would take, or if it's even possible with BBS's infrastructure, but I wonder if there could be two separate Ultimate modes: the normal one, and another one with even greater buffs to give high-leveled players a challenge. Like, when you're creating a room, there could be five difficulty choices instead of the normal four. Ultimate and "Super Ultimate" or something. If it's possible to code something like that in, I think we'd get a compromise between allowing strong players to make real use of their levels and gear, and not making the gap between normal and Ultimate-ready players even wider than it is.

I do feel bad for the players who're bored with the game because they have so much awesome equipment that nothing's a challenge. But Ultimate's curve is already harsh, and I don't want to see those awesome, hard-to-find equipment to be a necessity to survive. If there are two Ultimates, then both average and high-leveled players can get what they want. Really, whether Ultimate is buffed even further or it's left as it is, people will complain one way or the other. This seems like the best of both worlds -- again, if coding in an additional difficulty is even possible to program.

I don't know how much coding this would take, or if it's even possible with BBS's infrastructure, but I wonder if there could be two separate Ultimate modes: the normal one, and another one with even greater buffs to give high-leveled players a challenge. Like, when you're creating a room, there could be five difficulty choices instead of the normal four. Ultimate and "Super Ultimate" or something. If it's possible to code something like that in, I think we'd get a compromise between allowing strong players to make real use of their levels and gear, and not making the gap between normal and Ultimate-ready players even wider than it is.

I do feel bad for the players who're bored with the game because they have so much awesome equipment that nothing's a challenge. But Ultimate's curve is already harsh, and I don't want to see those awesome, hard-to-find equipment to be a necessity to survive. If there are two Ultimates, then both average and high-leveled players can get what they want. Really, whether Ultimate is buffed even further or it's left as it is, people will complain one way or the other. This seems like the best of both worlds -- again, if coding in an additional difficulty is even possible to program.

well they do that, but it can only be done in ships as far as I know. How the Crack Mode ship is on, that's the mirror game modes except harder.

well they do that, but it can only be done in ships as far as I know. How the Crack Mode ship is on, that's the mirror game modes except harder.

True, I'd ordinarily say Crack Mode would be the solution, but I don't know what happened to it. I was thinking that if it was gone for good, players could at least have their choice of which Ultimate mode to play on.

Oh! Or, or, there could be the normal four difficulties, and when they make their room, they can type a command (like /buff or whatever) that would set enemy stats even higher. The party leader can turn it on and off whenever they want. It may not be a perfect solution, but it'd probably take a lot less coding than fixing Crack mode or making a separate difficulty.

Edited by Dracozombie

True, I'd ordinarily say Crack Mode would be the solution, but I don't know what happened to it. I was thinking that if it was gone for good, players could at least have their choice of which Ultimate mode to play on.

Oh! Or, or, there could be the normal four difficulties, and when they make their room, they can type a command (like /buff or whatever) that would set enemy stats even higher. The party leader can turn it on and off whenever they want. It may not be a perfect solution, but it'd probably take a lot less coding than fixing Crack mode or making a separate difficulty.

It's a good idea but then you get faced with the problem of how much to boost the enemies by? I'd say a marginal percent increase to every stat they have up to a cap.

It's a good idea but then you get faced with the problem of how much to boost the enemies by? I'd say a marginal percent increase to every stat they have up to a cap.

Maybe a 30 percent boost or something, though I sorta assumed the mods would figure out those calculations -- I don't really know. I also had an idea that the hypothetical /buff toggle could only be used aboard Pioneer 2 so it's not as easy to abuse. I don't know how they'd abuse it, but there might be a bug or two when you can alter monsters' stats on a whim while you're fighting them. Of course, if the party leader heads back to P2 to toggle the command while the rest of his team is fighting the monsters, we're back to square one. Maybe everyone needs to be present on P2 for it to work. I dunno, the mods can work out the details. :P

Edited by Dracozombie

to people who want "ultimate Boosted" , thats stupid .

the only person ive seen said it , actually isnt as good as he thinks he is xD

besides theirs quests that you can do that are tough as hell like max attack S on ep 2 or Raid on central tower (Ultimate Only Quest)

i'd like to see them take that quest on solo or with a hucast . in my opinion , they're just saying that to look good by saying they want a harder ultimate lol

• Like 2

besides theirs quests that you can do that are tough as hell like max attack S on ep 2 or Raid on central tower (Ultimate Only Quest)

i'd like to see them take that quest on solo or with a hucast . in my opinion , they're just saying that to look good by saying they want a harder ultimate lol

You do realize that those quests are supposed to be played in a full party, and were made as tough as possible to avoid people playing it alone, because to play ROCT you gotta know how to crowd control, and also know the spawns.

Asking for a tougher Ultima doesn't exactly means that it is gonna be "super tough!" instead give it some difficulty, asking for just buff is dumb since there is no sense of balance at all, and so discussing this kind of stuff is what ultimately will bring a better sense of community around in Ultima and also people deserve to ask for new things, if Ultima is to survive this next years it must change the mechanics, gameplay style and make that kind of changes, lets face it people who are looking to play vanilla pso were already here or in other servers, so people who come here right now are the people that have tasted pso and want to experience the game further, but vanilla pso isn't enough to keep players around here for long, i've actually since that events seem to constantly keep players playing for longer spans of time and keep playing here, so having a pso that has modern gameplay mechanics, style or something alike will bring more players around here and even become part of the community, since Ultima is still a small community it should be noted that players with positive interactions either on the forums or in game will likely say positive things of the game and probably encourage their friends to try pso out.

New stuff is what brings people around here, and the community is what makes those people stay around the server like some people actually can say that (i believe, like myself i can tell you i had more fun with some people than with the game itself.)

That relieves me a bit, because I don't want to spend how long working for a great item only for that item to spell the end of all difficulty. You know it's a concern when I legitimately thought, "Wouldn't giving my RAmarl a Spread Needle make things too easy?" Though that's not to say I want to get gangraped by extra-brutal monsters. But, just last night I was TTFing with a party on Ultimate, and a level 200 guy still had a little trouble against Dark Falz, even dying once or twice. Granted, that might be because the rest of us were over fifty levels below him, or in my case barely in their 100's. (I spent most of that fight dead, or revived only to die again seconds later.) But the point is, I suppose being level 200 with great equipment doesn't necessarily mean getting a free Ultimate ride.

Still, my suggestion for the /buff command (or something related) still stands. I don't mean it just for Ultimate, I mean it for the game in general. Long-time players who want to start from scratch would get an extra kick from greater buffs. At the same time, making the extra buffs a toggled command wouldn't impose the challenge on newcomers. Newcomers wouldn't be alienated, and veterans will have another reason to stick around.

Of course if Crack mode ever got fixed, all this would probably be moot. Oh well. moar quests plz

Edited by Dracozombie

Damn, shit talking begins, try not to get hit Stark, lol.

Honestly some quests you just can't solo. If a quest was made by the developers to be insanely difficult and only accomplish able by 4 people then you have to wonder that if it was possible to solo these quests, if the developers had the soloing idea in mind when they created these quests, would these people really be soloing it?