ZodiacPalace - Members Only, Please!

ZodiacPrince

It's an interesting idea, but for a game like PSO I feel using a point system would be more efficient and fair. I'll give a basic example of how the system could work:

A member can obtain points by participating in a hunt for an item. A standard party would consist of 4 people ideally (maybe less considering the circumstances). So in other words, a party would consist of 1 member seeking a desired item and 3 people helping to obtain that item. The member seeking the item would receive no points. The other members helping would receive points based upon time spent helping to find the item.

What happens if the item is not found?

The member seeking the item in question will not be charged any points. Based upon the time spent seeking the item, other member will be awarded points for their efforts.

How will parties be determined?

I suggest that before each night a poll/sign-in sheet be placed on the forums. Members wishing to participate can sign up ahead of time. There would a 1 hour cut-off prior to start time for leaders to decide how to split up participants.

How much will "x" item cost?

This is the difficult part, I would suggest coming up with a formula factoring in:

1. Rough number of enemy spawns during a level (the enemy that drops the item)

2. Average time spent to clear the level (including boss fights so helpers can also receive exp)

3. Drop rate

(I can help with this if this is something you wish to pursue)

How do we know what to hunt for?

Each member will have a wishlist. A wishlist can contain up to 3 desired items. The list can be longer, but our main focus will be on completing the 3 main items. The way hunts will be determined will be based on leader decision. You can improve your odds by being friendly and attending hunts frequently.

The item I want costs way too many points... Does this mean I'll have to help others and wait til I have enough?

Not at all! Due to the fact that some weapons are super rare and have a limited number of spawns per level the chances of find the weapon are absolutely horrible. This is why the item in question is so many points. You can still be chosen to hunt this item even though you do not meet the point requirement. For this to happen though, you would have to be an active member. In the event the item drops and you do not have enough points, you simply receive "negative points." Negative points are not a bad thing, but members with positive points will most like have their wish list prioritized over yours.

Okay I'm going to stop myself there cause if I don't I bore everyone to death. There are obviously more factors to consider but that basically how I would set it up, but I think the core group of us probably take this game more as a casual approach. This is just the hardcore MMO me talking.

[Your entire post here]

Alright, that makes sense, but I'm not sure I like it, as it would be terribly tedious to keep track of. Also, I'd like to think of the Team as a whole unit with small factions within - sort of like how PSO is a whole unit of players, but with teams within. So, I'd partner up people that liked to play together or preferred to play with certain people. This way, if there are multiple people needing the same weapon, armor, unit, or item, we can just send out a party to find enough of them for those lacking.

So, in short, while I appreciate your time and effort into thinking that way, I'm not sure if it's the best idea, even if it's the most efficient way of procuring items. (Also, I really wanna pair up you and Dai.)

I do, however, really like your wishlist idea, and I may use this idea for that. I'll add a wish-list section - of 3 items per person - and whenever anyone sends me a list I'll update it, so we can do something about it.

Oh, another reason I want Squads so badly is because then it's like having several teams within one large team. And each squad would have their own name and emblem that they could wear in their signature, like we do with our team. (Well, me at least. Nobody's said if they want me to make them some matching siggy art.) It's a very unique idea, apparently. (I haven't seen any other teams doing this on the forum, anyway.

Worry about squads when we have more members.

That's a pragmatic way of thinking, if not a slightly boring one. If we want more members, we're going to have to have criers to stand around the Lobby (Rooms 1 and 2, because the rest are never used) shouting that we're accepting new members. Then there's the matter of seeing if they're even useful in battle or as a strategist. Also, there's the matter of whether or not they're fun to be around. And, I doubt anybody but Dai would be that patient. At least, I don't think I would. A lot of factors go into building a strong team. That's why I always went on a hunt or TTF run before inviting people. I had to see if they were at least as good as me, if not better. God knows nobody would want someone worse than me on the team.

Edited by ZodiacPrince

I'm a pain in the ass? Thought I was the wacky fun one...

Well, it's not like I singled you out, Yukari. I included everyone except Dai Chi. Including me! Besides, if everyone's a pain in the ass, then nobody is.

Edited by ZodiacPrince

• 1 month later...

Fuck! I leave for Job Corps for three months and people drop their flags! Ugh.... Hey, can you let anyone else who's still with the team know that I'm not able to play, like, at all, Yukari? Job Corps doesn't have wifi or allow for anything uneducational to be viewed on their computers.