Freeze on post character select load screen

I just re-download PSOBB on my newly built PC, and am having a bug while loading my characters in (I know there is a server attack but that's not the problem), after the character select screen, and loading phase for connecting to a server, it freezes, without full on crash, it stops responding. I did some testing and found that in only happens in full-screen mode. when I run the game windowed it works fine. now I haven't loaded up all the resolutions, they didn't seem to effect it, from native to 1080.

Variable that shouldn't cause the problem, but i will include anyway

• controller (Xbox 360)
  • two way SLI graphics cards (GTX 660) (currently disabled for PSO)
  • Christmas event patch

Variables that might cause it **Might**

• Razer Synapse (I only include this because it seems to freeze when PSO does)
  • HDMI input/Resolution conflict
  • File corruption from installer (New installer didn't change anything, tried re-installing)
  • Color depth/High End settings (?) (System font?)
  • Windows 8.1 (Tried in compatibility, didn't change anything)

Now Im not sure how to go about fixing this, and I really want to play, I know there is a server attack going on, but when that is over, I want to be able to play enjoyably! Preferably in Full-Screen!

I can be reached here or at my email: CastOfOblivion@gmail.com for any additional information needed.

Edited by MurkyConspiracy

That sounds really weird... i will talk to larva.. since it only happens in fullscreen... should not be related to the server, but keep in mind that we are/were on maintenance ...out of your points... i run W8.1 up to date and max settings for the game...

What do you mean by xmas patch?

Things that change during the holiday's for Christmas. Like different drops, upped drop rates, maybe something got corrupt for my side, something in the lobby?
I also run Windows 8.1 full update and yes, I actually own it! I think might be razer synapse, It seems to freeze when the game does, I have no idea why it crashes though, is it a problem with mouse/keyboard confliction maybe? But that shouldn't be the case, because it works in windowed mode? I don't think it would be my hardware, I have a pretty intense build, I can run next gen games (Assassins creed, Call of duty, ect) at Max settings with no problem, I do turn off SLI mode when playing this game because it shouldn't need the power of both my graphics cards. (and yes, iv'e tried turning it back on to test, no difference). I also tried disabling my second monitor to test it, same outcome, im really stumped here? Ive tested most variables, I haven't tested razer synapse as of this post, but I will soon after. Please let me know if there is any headway into this bizarre problem.

EDIT: It has nothing to do with the character, I have used bot my main, and my mag feeding character (I really wanted my Sato :3 )

EDIT 2: I just realized, i also am not getting sound in fullscreen mode, I enabled it in settings, but I only get it in windowed

Edited by MurkyConspiracy

Well... as you pointed out again, fullscreen seems to be the problem... i guess you use 1080 to run fullscreen... i never ran this game in fullscreen but i will try...

On a side note, me too, i own W8.1, not like i paid for it, but is a legal copy (and one of every build ;) thanks university for your partnership with Microsoft :P)

On a side note, me too, i own W8.1, not like i paid for it, but is a legal copy (and one of every build ;) thanks university for your partnership with Microsoft :P)

Hahaha lucky xD. Well ok, i can run it in windowed, It just cuts of a bit because I use 1080. but please let me know if you make any progress on the issue. Id love to be able to play full immersion again.

Well... i can go in 720 and 1080 (fullscreen both) to the ship screen i think here is where yours fail right?

Since there are none atm i can't check further.. i will give it another try when is up.

Edited by Soly

Its directly after the load portal when you select you character. It freezes before the dialog box to select the ship comes up, but it passes that loading portal. Im not sure why its being caused though, because on my old PC there was never a fullscreen problem.

Yeah, i had an idea about missing or corrupted files, i just checked in a server i have for tests... and the lobby that is placed as a background for that screen is an actual lobby 1 rendering because i have it modded lol (in case it was a premade image) ... but after all the test, i remembered that you don't have issues with window mode... so back to the "no idea why"

• 3 months later...