Broken Olga Flow

Echoes

Cleared seabed in one person mode only to fight a Olga that took one too many steroids. DFP is through the roof since I was only doing 0 damage to him. Please fix.

Edited by Echoes
  • Like 2

Still doesn't change the fact that its still soloing. What this implies is that your pretty much forced to run this with people in order to farm in an efficient manner because not everyone has DMS that can plow through RT or necessary hell weapons for seabed.its counter-intentive at best , what's cowardly about hunting it by yourself without the aid of others?

• Like 5

But tweeky... since you are a good player, you can easily hunt alone in RT or maybe use multi account for 2p switch in seabed maps... good luck

Edited by Sylph777
  • Like 1

Still doesn't change the fact that its still soloing. What this implies is that your pretty much forced to run this with people in order to farm in an efficient manner because not everyone has DMS that can plow through RT or necessary hell weapons for seabed.its counter-intentive at best , what's cowardly about hunting it by yourself without the aid of others?

The cowardly part is because all of the enemies in one player mode (equivalent to offline) have much lower stats than in multimode. The bosses are normally significantly weaker in one player mode than in multimode, like only about half as much hp (olga form 1 offline 12,500 hp, online 23,000 hp, olga form 2 offline 16,000 hp, online 27,000 hp), and weaker attacks, lower defense, lower resistances, etc.

Nothing is stopping you from hunting it by yourself without the aid of others. You can still play alone in a multimode game without trying to exploit the system by fighting weaker enemies and weaker boss in one-player mode for, of all things, a pgf, that's the point.

• Like 1

I think tweeks point is being missed here though ,

you do all the gov quests to get to the olga mission in the first place who gives flying fuck if its easier enemies etc you still have to do it

nothing cowardice about taking that route , its a option is it not ?

and that option has been taken away because of the event by making giving olga his spinach

Anyways I think it should be fixed as well like I said I like to have my options open

• Like 2

I think tweeks point is being missed here though ,

you do all the gov quests to get to the olga mission in the first place who gives flying fuck if its easier enemies etc you still have to do it

nothing cowardice about taking that route , its a option is it not ?

and that option has been taken away because of the event by making giving olga his spinach

Anyways I think it should be fixed as well like I said I like to have my options open

He never said anything about the government quest, and even then 8-3 is exactly the same as seabed, just with a specific layout (of the 4 possible) each time with some added quest dialogue. Did you also miss the point that normally olga would be only half the strength in one player as he would be in mutliplayer? We're not talking just a little bit easier for one player mode, it's a very significant difference for all enemies across the board, so yes that option to exploit the enemies being much weaker in one player mode is taken away from you in regard to hunting PGF, the most sought after and overpowered item in the game. If this was changed you would actually be losing options as it would just be way easier than anything else to farm olga, multiple options aren't really options if one is that much better than the rest. You could just as easily use that argument to say pgf should drop from very hard difficulty so that there are multiple options; one player enemies are so much weaker than multimode enemies it actually is almost like stepping down a difficulty level.

The only thing being stopped is exploiting way way weaker one player mode for a much easier PGF hunt. While this does encourage hunting with multiple people, nothing is stopping anyone from soloing in multimode, they just have to do a solo run in multimode and have exactly the same enemies and olga to kill as everyone else.

• Like 1

It is only the most overpowered item to achieve in a limited time frame. What is wrong with using a easier method to farming it? Not to mention the drop rate is infamously high even with happy hour (100+ runs last year , Nada). However since I had a DM running RT was literally a cake walk. Take into account the players who are less equipped for hunting , their OPTIONs are pretty limited as they cannot farm in a efficient manner because of the lack of gear and or skills to effectively speed run through RT or Seabed.Instead of decreasing options wouldn't it do the exact opposite? More people would be encouraged to hunt solo and if they are not confident enough they can just hunt in groups. Making solo mode Olga easier does not instantaneously mean a majority is gonna fall back to that method. Those who prefer to hunt in Multimode can still do so.im merely advocating more oppertunities for those who are not high up on the gear totem pople.The fact that Olga is broken like this blatantly gimps a portion of players options to begin with and honestly , I don't think that this is fair in the slightest.

• Like 1

Zalure him before he go all red and start to go ham also help if you have strong different % weapons his at that point he can only be hurt with his weak which is random native/abeast/mach/dark. one of them why i run with different % weapons

• Like 1

It is only the most overpowered item to achieve in a limited time frame. What is wrong with using a easier method to farming it? Not to mention the drop rate is infamously high even with happy hour (100+ runs last year , Nada). However since I had a DM running RT was literally a cake walk. Take into account the players who are less equipped for hunting , their OPTIONs are pretty limited as they cannot farm in a efficient manner because of the lack of gear and or skills to effectively speed run through RT or Seabed.Instead of decreasing options wouldn't it do the exact opposite? More people would be encouraged to hunt solo and if they are not confident enough they can just hunt in groups. Making solo mode Olga easier does not instantaneously mean a majority is gonna fall back to that method. Those who prefer to hunt in Multimode can still do so.im merely advocating more oppertunities for those who are not high up on the gear totem pople.The fact that Olga is broken like this blatantly gimps a portion of players options to begin with and honestly , I don't think that this is fair in the slightest.

I think part of the reason it was done was to encourage people to hunt in groups and not hunt solo. But you could just as easily use arguments like this to say it should drop in very hard difficulty to give lesser geared players an option. Having good gear does make things easier and more efficient of course like in any lootfest rpg, but it is also supposed to be an endgame difficult hunt from a final boss, one that you spend your time hunting loot and gearing up for all year long, not one you can just jump into without taking all the necessary growth steps beforehand; you don't go from knife to ultima sword, you go from knife to dagger to sword to magic sword to extra magical sword+2 to ultima sword. Undergeared characters do have the option to team up with other players for more strength too; undergeared players aren't even the ones who should be soloing him at all. Making one player olga killable with regular stats and doable while solo and undergeared is certainly even less fair and definitely not worthy of an endgame hunt in a lootfest rpg, and it would require massive tweaking of all of ep 2 one player just for this one event for hunting the ultimate weapons in the game to make it fair. There are a lot of tweaks that should be made so that undergeared characters can actually farm some things, such as various mid range gear that could help them make the jump into ultimate difficulty but also only drop in ultimate difficulty, but PGF, which makes the ultimate weapons in PSO, is not one of those things.

• Like 1

Zalure him before he go all red and start to go ham also help if you have strong different % weapons his at that point he can only be hurt with his weak which is random native/abeast/mach/dark. one of them why i run with different % weapons

This is one of the really nice features that makes olga a potentially great endgame boss for a lootfest, because he really tests out how well you've done for yourself, soloing him requires some high level of gear and skill. I think there is something that we've missed talking about though, and that is to ask the question: Is Olga Flow farm really too difficult for an endgame hunt, say for a moderately well geared player (aka a good variety midrange gear with a few pieces of great gear) of moderate level for ultimate(let's say 140+ since it is a final boss) to handle in a team of similar people? If not then there shouldn't be much of an issue in the first place.

• Like 1

Before I start I do agree with the latter half of your argument regarding the improvement of the transition to Ultimate? As for my rebuttal, let's not disregard the fact that hunting PGF requires a lot of time and patience. Suppose those undergeared characters are actually capable of soloing Olga , I highly doubt they are able to do it in a timely manner because they are undergeared to begin with, the key point is that it is 'Possible' in the sense that they have a shot at hunting it if they were to put in the hours for doing so cause if we were top it those players in MultiMode they simply wouldn't prosper as much. It is a endgame hunt, I understand that it makes the best weapons but the fact that it should only be reserved for those who were able to get a chance at preparing beforehand only widens the gap between the rich and poor. Its not like a large portion of the server already has dark weapons to begin with so what does that mean? Because of the lack of middle-ground items that could benefit the undergeared I'm arguing for this to be fixed. Not everyone was lucky enough to receive a helping hand for PGF or the actual item itself upon hunting with groups. There will always be the minority of players that are denied opportunities to ascend through the gear hierarchy because of rules such as this.if you are willing to dedicate , you should be entitled to fair methods of hunting.

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to hunt Solo Mode Olga? Don't you know he will instakill you if you have more than 880 HP?

Unless of course you instakill his first form. In which case, yeah, why not.

But even then, if I understand correctly solo mode Olga was buffed. How much so? If he was buffed to match multiplayer values surely this isn't an issue?

i solo olga on my lvl 108 racast lol not this olga but not buff event olga and had think 4 scape dolls and noob hp fully used (4) and was kind fun hmm might try lvl 105-108 hucast next lol might build up on scape dolls

• Like 1