A New Ultima

With the changing of seasons, comes the time for a change in the people of this great server. We have many great personalities on Ultima, but there is one big problem. Every new player will never get to meet most of us, because we constantly play with our rooms locked. On top of that, when in lobby we sometimes act like fools and sometimes keep to ourselves. In the season of giving, it is nice to be reminded of all of the people who took us in when we were just new. Each new player is a new chance at a friend, and a new chance at a loyal, possible even elite teammate. I understand there is a problem with some people "stealing" drops on this game, but there is a system in order that can be used to avoid this. Tell the people who join your room, "hey, so-and-so drop is mine if it drops. You can have this-and-that if it drops." With this flawless system, you will not only be able to get your drops in the upcoming forever, but also meet new people and have more fun than ever imagined. In the upcoming Christmas event, I will be playing games with an open room for the majority of the event. It would mean a lot to me, and a lot to Ultima if you all could do the same, and help our little community become closer than ever.

• Like 12

That is the point of this post, we need to come together.

• Like 1

i join random low level rooms sometimes to help lvl up or troll so im in the middle of good and bad :) , );9( sign missed my frying pan :(

Edited by Wayne Jones
  • Like 2

All the time that i have in ultima, and i've never seen a topic like this one, this is one of the best, if not the best, topic in a loooooooong time, i can see some of you still play because of the people, and not the items and such.

I really like your topic, not only does this suits the season we currently are, but also shows that there are still nice people around here, keep it up!

Edited by Zero
  • Like 5

agreed nice post faki. When i was starting out about a month ago i was in the position of a new player and finding games/players to play with was pretty hard with all the locked rooms. everyone should come together as a community

• Like 1

Faki4Prez 2015

I wish that system was flawless. inb4 Faki plays on locked rooms all Christmas when he realizes people will still take the drops he wanted.

I play with Locked rooms because I either don't like people, I keep to myself a lot, or I'm just generally better off alone. I'm not constricted by the needs and wants of others, I learned my lesson with the 50 hit DLS fiasco that an unnamed teammate in an unnamed team decided to start. I appreciate the context of this thread though, it made me smile in the idea that we could all stop these treacherous locked PRO rooms, since PRO seems to be the biggest culprit of the locked rooms and privacy of the server (whether that be from sheer ignorance, hubris, or whatever else they have a reason for, it doesn't matter). Honestly, though, I can't, and will not trust people on this game no matter what the circumstances are. I only trust a certain few people with keeping their words on not taking drops, but when those people aren't on, I hunt alone.

Forgive me if I chose not to partake in this event for the Holiday Season. But I'm not going to get another weapon I've worked hard to hunt for, stolen by some guy that didn't care about the hunting order deal (which is just a social contract and nothing else). I'm sorry, but I will still be sticking to those I trust, or myself for this Christmas. Good luck with the attempt though, Faki... and everybody else.

• Like 3

Auroboro, why are you always negative as hell man. It's the holidays man cheer up. No one is going to steal your sweet roll i promise.

I wish that system was flawless. inb4 Faki plays on locked rooms all Christmas when he realizes people will still take the drops he wanted.

I play with Locked rooms because I either don't like people, I keep to myself a lot, or I'm just generally better off alone. I'm not constricted by the needs and wants of others, I learned my lesson with the 50 hit DLS fiasco that an unnamed teammate in an unnamed team decided to start. I appreciate the context of this thread though, it made me smile in the idea that we could all stop these treacherous locked PRO rooms, since PRO seems to be the biggest culprit of the locked rooms and privacy of the server (whether that be from sheer ignorance, hubris, or whatever else they have a reason for, it doesn't matter). Honestly, though, I can't, and will not trust people on this game no matter what the circumstances are. I only trust a certain few people with keeping their words on not taking drops, but when those people aren't on, I hunt alone.

Forgive me if I chose not to partake in this event for the Holiday Season. But I'm not going to get another weapon I've worked hard to hunt for, stolen by some guy that didn't care about the hunting order deal (which is just a social contract and nothing else). I'm sorry, but I will still be sticking to those I trust, or myself for this Christmas. Good luck with the attempt though, Faki... and everybody else.

+10 points to house Slytherin !!! :D

• Like 3

This is Gold lol xD

• Like 1

Auroboro, why are you always negative as hell man. It's the holidays man cheer up. No one is going to steal your sweet roll i promise.

I'm not being negative, I'm being truthful.

if it just so happens that a lot of the truth is not quite positive, then oh well, people need to start changing :onion88:

• Like 4

I'm not being negative, I'm being truthful.

if it just so happens that a lot of the truth is not quite positive, then oh well, people need to start changing :onion88:

You I like you you're awesome if there was more people like you on this server it would be a bliss

• Like 2