CM Punk moving to UFC... opinions?

yolkix2

Idk if anyone on here is a fan of UFC or WWE but I am and I'd like to talk about something recently that I found shocking. CM Punk recently got fired from the WWE and Dana White, president of the UFC, had given him a contract to fight in the UFC in 2015. Personally this aggravates me due to the fact that I''ve been watching UFC since it started and I've had a lot of respect for the fighters and the sport itself. My personal beliefs are that CM Punk has no business in the UFC, he will as he should because he has yet to earn the privelege to fight in the UFC. CM Punk is 36 years old, doesn't know what weight class he will fight in or where he will train, he has little experience ever sparring and on the occasions he has sparred it was with inexperienced people, and the one thing that he proclaims to be his strength is the fact that he has trained in California with Rener Gracie off and on. His one strength is Brazilian Jiu-jitsu of which he is a white belt, the lowest rank. He's had no professional fights and the only reason why he's getting a shot in the UFC is not because of his talent but because he is a celebrity to make the fans pay to watch just like Kimbo Slice, who also failed in the UFC. I'm dissapointed in the UFC becoming a company revolving around money and not the love and talent of the sport of mixed martial arts. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

CM Punk is a great personality. He is great for the UFC marketing wise, and will have a few fights. I am a very big UFC fan and MMA fan. Watched PRIDE from the classic bushido tournaments, and seen every UFC from 1-181(hendricks got robbed.) I think the idea with UFC bringing in WWE brings a great aspect to the sport. MMA is MMA, not any one martial art in particular. CM Punk has a very tough road ahead of him being at age 36, but has pretty talented trainers and nothing to lose. I would like to see CM Punk whether he wins or loses.

CM Punk is a great personality. He is great for the UFC marketing wise, and will have a few fights. I am a very big UFC fan and MMA fan. Watched PRIDE from the classic bushido tournaments, and seen every UFC from 1-181(hendricks got robbed.) I think the idea with UFC bringing in WWE brings a great aspect to the sport. MMA is MMA, not any one martial art in particular. CM Punk has a very tough road ahead of him being at age 36, but has pretty talented trainers and nothing to lose. I would like to see CM Punk whether he wins or loses.

(I love Lawler but I think Hendrix won as well) Marketing wise, it's definitely a score for the UFC. It'll bring a new audience of people into the sport but idk if I like it accepting people who, I wouldn't think deserve it. At most CM Punk is an amateur coming to the UFC ehich is hard to say since he has yet to have a professional fight. To me this doing this takes the UFC down a peg professionally. I believe the UFC to be a professional mixed martial arts company. That being said I'd think only professional fighters should fight there or talented amateurs getting a shot. For the most part, the NBA or NFL wouldn't allow an mma fighter to join a team because they'd be considered amateurs not professionals. So the UFC allowing an unprofessional mixed martial artist to come and start out in ths company is upsetting to me for that reason alone. I'm not saying it won't be fun to watch because I'm going to absolutely watch and see how this story goes, but I bet the actual professional fighters in the UFC who have been there for years who get paid less than this guy would consider it disrespectful

Edited by yolkix2

Money talks and crap walks dewd, it's all about the benjamins.... Sadly, UFC MMA will probably never have quite the popularity or commercial appeal that wrestling "entertainment" will ever garner, dat's just the way the cookie crumbles. So yea, it's ultimately a "marketing" move, the end. How well that works out for UFC will remain to be seen... Regardless, UFC will survive for better or worse in spite of or in regards to CM Punk.

Personally, I stopped watching wrestling years ago after they fully admitted it's nothing more than "entertainment", the true professional aspect of it and it's reality left the door years ago. UFC is for real though... However I feel it's only a matter of time before it too becomes more staged and devolved into mere "entertainment" akin to current wrestling leagues like WWE.