Halloween Mini Event! Approved by Larva!

kajex

Extended an extra 8 hours since love rappies appeared for 7 hours of the mini event.

English:

You voted. We listened. We are finally doing custom-stat level 200 mags with PBs. And since I'm greedy (Larva's words), we're also giving away two 50 hit type weapons with hell.

Mags

On Halloween (October 31st) only, bring the following to any GM in game:

• A baby mag cell (If you don't have one, make a new character and transfer the baby mag on the noob to another character).
  • 10 unopened Jack o Lanterns
  • (Optional) A mag cell

We will make any mag for you. No restrictions - any color, stats up to level 200, any photon blasts. If you wish to make a mag that requires a cell (for example, tellusis), you will also need to provide the mag cell to make the rare mag. There is no limit, but it is one day only, and rare monsters have been turned off until the mini event has been completed. This is the first time ever that you can make game system mags with photon blasts or mags with no defense. Start slaying rappies. Happy halloween!

Type Weapons with Hell

Once on October 30th and again on October 31st, I will be signing on to host a mini game to win prizes. This could be word searches, pso trivia, or something else. Times will not be announced. I will post in shoutbox five minutes before the trivia/contest begins. The winner of the puzzle each day will win any type weapon with 50 hit and hell special.

Type weapons include:

TypeSA Saber

TypeSL Saber

TypeSL Claw

TypeSL Katana

TypeJS Saber

TypeJS Slicer

TypeJS J-Sword

TypeSW Sword

TypeSW Slicer

TypeSW J-Sword

TypeRO Sword

TypeRO Halbert

TypeRO Rod

TypeBL Blade

TypeKN Blade

TypeKN Claw

TypeHA Halbert

TypeHA Rod

TypeDS Double Saber

TypeDS Rod

TypeCL Claw

TypeSS SW

TypeGU Hand

TypeGU Mechgun

TypeRI Rifle

TypeME Mechgun

TypeSH Shot

TypeWA Wand

(Bolded items are pretty good with hell special)

Happy rappy farming!

pso1287717938.jpg

Extendiendo 8 horas mas ya que aparecieron love rappies por 7 horas del minievento.

Español:

Ustedes votaron. Nosotros escuchamos. Finalmente vamos a hacer mags con personalizados nivel 200 con PBs. Y como soy codicioso (palabras de Larva), también vamos a regalar dos armas 50 hit type/XX con hell.

Mags

En Halloween (Octubre 31st) únicamente dale lo siguiente a cualquier GM en el juego:

• Un mag nivel 5 (Si no tienes uno, crea un nuevo personaje y transfiere el mag a otro personaje).
  • 10 Jack o Lanterns sin abrir
  • (Opcional) Un mag cell

Vamos a hacer cualquier mag para ti. Sin restricciones - cualquier color, niveles hasta 200, cualquier photon blast. Si deseas hacer un mag que necesite un magcell (por ejemplo, tellusis), necesitaras proveernos el magcell para hacer el mag raro. No hay limite, pero es solo un día y los monstruos raros se han desactivado hasta que el evento haya terminado. Esta es la primera vez que puedes hacer un mag consola con photon blasts o sin defensa. Comienza a asesinar rappies. Feliz halloween!

Armas Type/XX con Hell
Una vez en octubre 30 y otra vez en octubre 31, Me logearé para organizar un mini juego para ganar premios. Esto puede ser búsqueda de palabras, trivias pso, o algo mas. La hora no será anunciada. Publicaré en el shoutbox cinco minutos antes comience la trivia/concurso. El ganador del puzzle cada dia ganará cualquier arma Type/XX con 50 hit y especial hell.

Armas Type/XX incluyen:

TypeSA Saber
TypeSL Saber
TypeSL Claw
TypeSL Katana
TypeJS Saber
TypeJS Slicer
TypeJS J-Sword
TypeSW Sword
TypeSW Slicer
TypeSW J-Sword
TypeRO Sword
TypeRO Halbert
TypeRO Rod
TypeBL Blade
TypeKN Blade
TypeKN Claw
TypeHA Halbert
TypeHA Rod
TypeDS Double Saber
TypeDS Rod
TypeCL Claw
TypeSS SW
TypeGU Hand
TypeGU Mechgun
TypeRI Rifle

TypeME Mechgun
TypeSH Shot
TypeWA Wand
(Items en negrita son bastante buenos con especial hell)

Feliz cazería de rappies!

Edited by kajex
  • Like 3

What's the time limit? :3

The mags portion of the mini event goes from start of day October 31st to end of day October 31st. We'll end it pacific time (USA). Not that the end time really matters for you. You'll be asleep then. ;)

It looks like the first item of the event (the first Type weapon) will likely be during the afternoon/evening for me and Soly (USA mountain time). Neither of us knows when we will be home, so that's as much info as I can provide for now.

Edited by kajex

The mags portion of the mini event goes from start of day October 31st to end of day October 31st. We'll end it pacific time (USA). Not that the end time really matters for you. You'll be asleep then. ;)

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) I quit

Edited by cyane

the droprate is way too hard on the rappys its so annoying i gonna quit the server over it if its not fixed. i did 50+ rt's with one halo rappy, and whats worse is i actually needed jack o lanterns and mats. I have to work full time and i am not spending it doing 4000+ rt's for maybe 30 pumpkins. This is total bs. i had characters that couldv'e really used a mag to get them to respectable levels, now i don't see that in the realm of possibility. i was enjoying the server until now.

• Like 3

I don't see the point to this event if the rare spawn rate has been cut back to default levels. This event is going to reward people who, for whatever reason, already have a lot of lanterns, rather than reward people for going out and hunting them down during the event.

Here's how impossible it is at the moment:

The most efficient method of finding Hallo Rappies is running VR Temple on Normal, encountering the first 7 rappies, and then remaking the game.

Doing this as quickly as a player can, the best case scenario is one run every 2 and 1/2 minutes.

Under default rare spawn, each rappy has a 1 in 512 chance of being a hallo rappy. Since under ideal conditions you encounter 7 rappies in a run, an ideal run has about a 1 in 73 chance of giving you a hallo rappy. This means you would need to do an average of 730 runs to get ten jackolanterns, assuming every hallo rappy you find drops one (we have seen them not drop them before.)

So, an average of 730 runs to get 10 jack-o-lanterns. At an average of 2 minutes 30 seconds per run, a player could fit 24 runs into an hour. This means that even if a player did lantern runs non-stop during the entire 24 hour period that the mini-event is going on (~576 runs possible) they will not get 10 lanterns. A player who played for any reasonable amount of time couldn't even expect to see a third of the lanterns necessary to trade for a mag.

This event will only reward people who already had a significant stack of lanterns before the event began.

• Like 7

I don't see the point to this event if the rare spawn rate has been cut back to default levels. This event is going to reward people who, for whatever reason, already have a lot of lanterns, rather than reward people for going out and hunting them down during the event.

Here's how impossible it is at the moment:

The most efficient method of finding Hallo Rappies is running VR Temple on Normal, encountering the first 7 rappies, and then remaking the game.

Doing this as quickly as a player can, the best case scenario is one run every 2 and 1/2 minutes.

Under default rare spawn, each rappy has a 1 in 512 chance of being a hallo rappy. Since under ideal conditions you encounter 7 rappies in a run, an ideal run has about a 1 in 73 chance of giving you a hallo rappy. This means you would need to do an average of 730 runs to get ten jackolanterns, assuming every hallo rappy you find drops one (we have seen them not drop them before.)

So, an average of 730 runs to get 10 jack-o-lanterns. At an average of 2 minutes 30 seconds per run, a player could fit 24 runs into an hour. This means that even if a player did lantern runs non-stop during the entire 24 hour period that the mini-event is going on (~576 runs possible) they will not get 10 lanterns. A player who played for any reasonable amount of time couldn't even expect to see a third of the lanterns necessary to trade for a mag.

This event will only reward people who already had a significant stack of lanterns before the event began.

This guy knows the math!

• Like 2

Unless they have changed it back in the last couple hours, they have dropped the rate of rare spawns down to the default 1/512 level during this 24 hour mini-event.

Edited by Crazo

Creo Que los hallos rappys sí fueron a Tomar Unas Vacaciones arduas Porque no veo una Ninguno xD
no Se Si Cabe La Casualidad Para que Todos Quieran SUS mag deseados y del como recibiendo de Nuevos Miembros a ultima
aumentara la produccion en masa de Los hallos rappys paraASI TODO Jugador del tenga 1 o 5 mag personalizados xD
bueno suerte a Todos ya Seguir Disfrutando el Evento

Edited by OscuridaD
  • Like 1

props on the events, without rares the mags will be hard, and i hate how no one gives hell type me/mechguns any love.

For all the complainers...

• These are free mags. If you already have a mag, you probably don't "need" one with custom stats. It's a bonus.
  • This isn't a normal mini event where we have 6 GMs redeeming prizes. This will be 90% soly. It can't be ridiculously easy when there will mostly be one GM redeeming.
  • There are already a lot of jack o lanterns.
  • This still is less frustrating than raising a complicated mag like sato. And you get any stat you want. No limits. It should be a challenge.
  • Jack o lanterns drop in all difficulties. Everyone has an equal chance of finding them regardless of level.

And nero you were in my room when I was setting the rules. You don't object while I was setting the rules, but threaten to quit now? Over a mag? Seriously? LOL

Edited by kajex

@Nero

If this is making you want to quit, it needs to be talked through, there is no solution in throwing in the towel. Nor will those who caused you pain realize it. I feel your frustration Nero I have the same burning desire for the best ultima possible. There should be no quitting over this. This is an added bonus to the server of kajex and solys efforts. I have never been interested in mini events... nothing personal they simply never seemed worthwhile to me, but lots of people play quests i don't have any interest in either and i don't get worked up, so why does this happen when kajex decides to try and make things more fun lol? when we use our critical thinking skills, we open up a possibility of negative and positive outcomes, you have done so with this event and deemed the outcome to be negative as have I and many others. However the negativity is actually your will to do good, it has been trapped because you have not truly seen through what caused your frusration. make no mistake, your true enemy is yourself! Kajex using name calling towards you shows he is frustrated too. you can only do your 50% of the communication and that must be name calling, threat and violence free.

You helped me a lot Nero and I hate to see you frustrated. Hope we can talk soon. I hope you know you are part of what makes ultima worthwhile for me, and your opinion matters to me and many others.

P.s. Thank you for the mini event kajex and soly.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 2