Ive been on this server for two years and have been playing ever since the gamecube and dreamcast days i want to become a side GM plz

how do i become apart of the GM's Team Just wondering what does it take to be a GM ive been on this server for two years and have been playing ever since it got released by dreamcast back in mid 1999 id make a great advocate for the GM's Team and who do i have to talk to become one :/

• Like 7

I've played with Joshua since day one. You got my vote man. Don't be pushy, Larva will appreciate the peaceful manner in which you made this suggestion. I should have made a post like this ages ago. More GM help is always needed and it helps to give players a feeling of connection to everything going on. I would never have learned the things I know about this game without having experienced players around ready to help out. Joshua is one of them.

Good luck.

Edited by Aiden Payne
  • Like 3

Consider that you are taking basically a thankless "second job", with crummy hours and basically zero pay.

The job of a GM is a very vital necessary and important component of running a good server, however being a good GM requires dedication, effort, wisdom and CRAPTON of patience. Additionally I'd suggest talking to Soly or Kajex to get the lowdown on what to fully expect in your job as a GM. Also consider the fact it may totally ruin your love and desire to want to play this game, permanently. XD I've seen a few GMs here get burnt out on the abuse, hacker attacks and just plain crazy ass politics that sadly and eventually gets involved in such a position, so be prepared to deal with it.

With that out of the way, by God we need more GMs here and with that said you have my vote sir. I do wish you the best and success as a GM, I just hope you're ready for what it's really all about. I am sure you have the enthusiasm to do a good job though and pray it's all cracked to be that you expected man. Good luck Joshua!

Edited by Trigunman
  • Like 2

i would love to be a GM my self im all ways on and helping who i can but what Trigunman said is right its more like a job i wish you luck if you get it best thing you can do is keep helping others and show you care about the server

Honestly, you don't ask to be a GM. If you want to help, start helping. I had several GM tools months before I even was even a moderator. LOL. Maybe I shouldn't remind Larva of this. Poor chuk could get in trouble xD.

The reason Soly got promoted was because he kept helping me with testing out things. He was giving feedback on event items, helping me to test the latest tools chuk was developing, helping to catch hackers, translating all the event pages that I worked on into Spanish, and much more stuff I'm probably forgetting to mention. At a certain point, it was just disrespectful to soly not to give him a colored name.

• Like 1

You can be a gm without the title >:3 just be nice and helpful to other players, if others have any questions that you might know the answer be sure to let them know and anything wrong you see report (keep the good Ultima spirit rolling)!

:onion88:

• Like 2

the fact that you gave me a negative for rep simply for pointing out your behaviour wasnt "gm like" proves youre not ready to handle being a gm

correct me if im wrong but you need tougher skin to gm, as well as a sense of fairness. just because i called you on calling people foul names last night

just for using their bubbles that said "noob", is no reason to negative me here. not ready by far.

.......but he didn't give you any negative rep, those were other people.