Can't type, Windows 7, tried solutions posted here and elsewhere, still stuck. Please help?

Title says it all, really. I was able to make a character, but once I'm in-game, I can't type in chat or to the input boxes to create a party or input a password. I've got my keyboard set and reset and reset to English - US, in-game's set to English, and there's no option to 'turn off advanced text services' in Windows 7. I've been trying to get it working on and off for about 3 hours now, trying everything I could find on this forum and via Google.

I did manage to join an unlocked game and do a runthrough of Forest 1 with a couple of folk, and that was fun, but I had to communicate with the built-in macros and I felt bad :P But this is no way to play PSO! If anyone could please offer any solution or insight to my problem... <3 I'd really appreciate it!

I'm not sure... i never had this problem... but this is what i found in a rush

1. go to Control panel
2. select Regional and language
3. select Keyboard and Languages
4. click Change Keyboards... button
5. on the Default input language, click on the drop down menu
6. select English (Unite Stated) - US

7. ok ok exit etc :P

Alright two things you can try, first off, press f10 or f9 and see if that helps, next press alt shift when you want to talk and see if that works

You were able to create a character right? Naming it and everything? Play in windowed mode and see if you can type when you alt tab while pso is running. Does the keyboard light up when you use num lock etc? Trying to figure out if the computer is reading the keyboard while pso is on. Otherwise you might have to delete your pso folder and try a fresh reinstall

Dumb question but did you try to pressing the spacebar before typing?

If that doesn't work pressing f11 locks you into chat and need to press it again to move around. If you use a controller I don't think this would be an issue and you can just leave it in locked chat.