Any advice on getting started?

dtravisb

Hey folks! Excited to get back to playing some PSO! I first played the game back when it came out on Dreamcast and I had to connect through the phone line still. I played all the different versions but lost interested after Gamecube.

Well I got a lot of nostalgia for the game and just found out about Ultima. I've kinda forgotten how to play though. Any advice for someone starting again? And any out there that can help me when out when I get online for the time? Could I message you in game? I'm sure there's an in game messaging system that I just can't remember.

Cool folks! Looking forward to it!

-Character name: RibbonHead

Edited by dtravisb

Hey there and welcome to Ultima.

There are lots of things you can do to get started, those include:

1) Making friends, that is imperative, PSO is just not the same Solo. Be careful on who you make friends with though.

2) Raise your MAG, having a high level MAG helps you out SO much.

3) Take your time levelling, it's hard on Ultima but get to know the game before jumping to 200. Learning what to do and what you're effecient at saves you a lot of hassle.

4) If you're going to trade, make a locked room, agree with the person beforehand and use the trade window; note some items can't be transferred through it yet. Be smart, stay safe.

5) I can't stress enough, take pictures of your inventory and stuff you put in the common bank.

http://www.phantasystaronline.net/forum/index.php?/topic/9823-navgiation-topic-useful-links/ this was compiled by chuk, it has a list of useful topics made on the forums for quick navigation.

If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to contact me through the forums.

The game does have a messaging system but you will need to exchange guild cards.